WWE (SPOILERS)

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
Guys, if you're a motherfucking GIANT who just signed one of the biggest free agent contracts during a wrestling war, you can be a little more difficult with your booking and tell them to fuck off about doing jobs to protect your ass. Show ALWAYS prostituted himself and let them shit all over his character for laughs and that's where you see him really being a "company man" dolt.

Also, I get the complacency for guys post 2007-ish or even for guys who couldn't get over Hunter, but Show had all of the tools to be a major marquee player in a specific niche, and they had to go get fucking Khali to be a monster giant, because Show was DOA, and that was well over a decade ago.

Obviously, I'll also place blame on Vince and Russo for making him "just another guy", but Show wasn't some jabroni just happy to be on the card, he was getting top dollar and didn't have the ambition to make himself a top guy.

His company-man BS on the Bret hit job will also make him a unanimous asshole for all times lol.

Hassquatch

Slayer
Big Show did not utilize Taker’s set example correctly, at all. And the typical sour-cause-wcw-fuckery-booking by the usual suspects.

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
Always love sitting down and comparing my WON Awards picks and the actual votes over a cup of mud, I've done it since high school and it's cool to see where my personal tastes align.

I've seen an insane amount of negative blowback on WWE getting absolutely waxed in nearly every category, with the usual suspects complaining about an AEW bias(which is the new, "If it had happened at the Tokyo Dome, it'd have been five stars") and it's crazy how cult-ish the WWE fans are. Like, instead of the results reflecting superior options and WWE simply not meeting the threshold for quality, it's a BIAS!

Like, I've seen enough examples of Dave playing favourites and being too much of a lovey with the AEW guys, and it's not the best look, but it isn't a direct shot against WWE, in specific. It's super bad faith too, since when you look at the "Most Underrated", it's almost entirely WWE guys, so it is acknowledged that they have the talent, it's the company that's fucking up lol.

MiSu and Ishii always deserve more love, but nothing objectionable all things considered outside of the box office award, since the voters don't skew MMA enough and they're the only actual real draws.

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
I’ve really enjoyed this AEW women’s tournament, but with Nyla Rose and Mizunami in the finals, I’ve lost a lot of interest. Nyla has looked good in the tournament, but I’m not looking forward to another Shida match and I don’t have a vested interest in Mizunami, either.

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
I’ve really enjoyed this AEW women’s tournament, but with Nyla Rose and Mizunami in the finals, I’ve lost a lot of interest. Nyla has looked good in the tournament, but I’m not looking forward to another Shida match and I don’t have a vested interest in Mizunami, either.
I still don't see the long-term benefit in the Japanese bracket, with the specific talent they have to show. Fair play, I can't stand most of the AEW brand of Joshi, since the combination of silly campiness/comedy, and frequent lack of purposeful aggression(like they're trying to win) kills it for me. That's the Kenny/DDT influence and it's reflective in the lower calibre talent(compared to current joshi talent).

If they want to sell the women as equals, differentiate from the WWE women and present something as highly competitive, I'm not a huge fan/follower of joshi to the extent I am other stuff, but there's a superior quality of talent in the Stardom presentation, where they work a lot meaner. Obviously, they can't use the Stardom crew, but these women don't stand out any an measurable, marketable way for me to feel like they're a worthy investment. The ones that have the crispness in their work that I like, are already pretty broken down like Sakura or don't have the intangibles to do good business in North America, like Mizunami. From that, I ask myself, "Why are they giving these women TV time?".

For instance, in Stardom, you have close to a dozen women that are better overall sells to present to the North American wrestling market and it's less "happy to be performing!" presentation. I'm not a huge follower, but names like Momo Watanabe, Tam Nakano, Utami Hayashita, Syuri Kondo, Jungle Kyona, Arisa Hoshiki, Maya Yukini, Mika Iwata, Utami Hayashita and Rina Yamashita ALL have a better look and style, are better overall products, that I think are far greater layups for a company trying to highlight joshi talent and getting them over the North American viewers. They don't all have to be beauty queen candidates like Giulia, someone like Takumi Iroha, You, Chinhiro Hashimoto, would've been a better pick to translate the style.

Again, this just exposes another example of Kenny being a completely clueless jerk-off with zero idea about how to book pro wrestling and how to get others over without having the entire act built around MOOOOOVEZ.

Also, holy shit, do I know more about modern joshi than I thought?

Bran

I think Yuka Sakazaki stands out pretty well on the Japanese side of the bracket, and I thought for sure she'd be in the finals. Maki Itoh was awesome in the two matches she had, but she's very gimmick heavy.

Honestly, I was really surprised with how the US matches played out. I thought every match was particularly good and easily the 3 best Nyla Rose matches I've seen and certain the best Tay Conti match I've seen. Deeb had the best Riho match I've seen, and Rosa looked like a goddamned superstar in every appearance. This is far and away the best matches they've produced in the women's division so far, imo. Sadly, I'm pretty sure it's just going to lead to Nyla and Shida again, which I'm not looking forward to, but I think the women on the US side are better off than they were before the tournament.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
I love Mizunami but even I was pulling for Yuka to win and beat Nyla.

Shida looked about the best I have seen her when she was working the Joshis. I guess that would be the style she is most used to wrestling. No way Ryu beats Nyla though which means we went through a pretty solid tournament just to have a rematch and I am guessing put the title back on Nyla? Lame.

Yuka has a ton of potential to crossover though IMO. I felt like she looked the best I have seen her look in that last match she had. Riho isn't bad herself but for my money Yuka would be a better fit for that role.

Also, just listened to Tony and Aubrey interview Dean Malenko (best wrestler evah). I always forget how funny Dean is. Dude is just the best.

Bran

Yuka stood out to me on that initial Double or nothing show and I was really confused when Riho got pushed and Yuka disappeared. I also remember really liking Kylie Rae, but she seems to have had a lot going on.

I don’t think I ever heard Malenko outside of a 30 second promo, but he was cracking me up on that Unrestricted interview.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
Yuka definitely has a bit of an it factor. Maybe she won't relocate and that was the issue? I mean how you look at the two of them and actively choose Riho is beyond me.

That was the interview I was referring to. I started listening to the unrestricted podcasts at work. I had heard Dean drop a couple funny quips in interviews before but nothing like this. He sounds exactly how he looks like he would sound but the things that come out of his mouth you would never expect after knowing his in ring character.
Post automatically merged:

I just remembered how we ended up with Riho. She was the 9 year old girl Kenny wrestled in Japan.

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
Thunder Rosa is money and should be the one they focus the division around. Until Tessa can create a time machine and not be racist, Rosa has the x-factors to do the best business.

I love Mizunami but even I was pulling for Yuka to win and beat Nyla.

Shida looked about the best I have seen her when she was working the Joshis. I guess that would be the style she is most used to wrestling. No way Ryu beats Nyla though which means we went through a pretty solid tournament just to have a rematch and I am guessing put the title back on Nyla? Lame.

Yuka has a ton of potential to crossover though IMO. I felt like she looked the best I have seen her look in that last match she had. Riho isn't bad herself but for my money Yuka would be a better fit for that role.

Also, just listened to Tony and Aubrey interview Dean Malenko (best wrestler evah). I always forget how funny Dean is. Dude is just the best.
My knock on Yuka, is partially the same I have on Riho, and it's that they look so slight and petite that they simply look too breakable to be in a combat sport scenario. Normally, I'd say they can play the underdog babyface, but I go back to the poor facials and a lack of desire to grit out a win.

I'd take Yuka every day of the week over Riho if I had to pick one to push.

I'm wondering if they sneak Mizunami over Nyla to give Shida a major mat classic match on the PPV?

Last edited:

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
Thunder Rosa is money and should be the one they focus the division around. Until Tessa can create a time machine and not be racist, Rosa has the x-factors to do the best business.

My knock on Yuka, is partially the same I have on Riho, and it's that they look so slight and petite that they simply look too breakable to be in a combat sport scenario. Normally, I'd say they can play the underdog babyface, but I go back to the poor facials and a lack of desire to grit out a win.

I'd take Yuka every day of the week over Riho if I had to pick one to push.

I'm wondering if they sneak Mizunami over Nyla to give Shida a major mat classic match on the PPV?
I'm ok with just one tiny underdog character two on the same roster kills the gimmick.

I don't believe Rosa is signed. Pretty sure she is currently under contract with the NWA until they finally announce that they are done.

I'd put mizunami over Nyla. I like Nyla and all but as we have all said, Nyla/shida again is yawnsville. Shida defending in a banger against Ryo would be great.

Anyone coming over from Japan will have to do the quarantine thing so it does seem a bit weird they would bring her over just to lose to nyla then go right back into quarantine to go home.

Bran

I'm ok with just one tiny underdog character two on the same roster kills the gimmick.

I don't believe Rosa is signed. Pretty sure she is currently under contract with the NWA until they finally announce that they are done.

I'd put mizunami over Nyla. I like Nyla and all but as we have all said, Nyla/shida again is yawnsville. Shida defending in a banger against Ryo would be great.

Anyone coming over from Japan will have to do the quarantine thing so it does seem a bit weird they would bring her over just to lose to nyla then go right back into quarantine to go home.
I don't know if Rosa is signed to AEW or not, but her contract with NWA ended when she dropped the belt to Deeb however many months ago. She talked about testing out free agency, but she's also regularly worked for AEW since, so I don't know. I'm sure WWE/NXT would want her, but AEW is so devoid of genuine female stars that she's almost irreplaceable right now.

Bran

I have no idea. It is confusing trying to dig up info. The quote from Corgan was the most direct thing I could find.
Yeah, especially since NWA isn't doing anything right now and she's been weekly on AEW for a while now. But that post was from October, so things may have changed. But I'm nearly positive she dropped the title to Deeb as her contract was expiring, and I remember after that she posted an image with NWA, AEW and WWE on it and said something like "which one should I choose?" I also remember her on Jericho's podcast talking about exploring free agency for a bit. I don't think WWE is a real option because she's still on the hook with Combate Americas, unless they buy out the rest of her contract there. But I guess we'll see.

I figured she lost to Nyla because she already had a match with Shida(I know Nyla has, too) and she's currently feuding with Britt, and that doesn't need to bleed into the title picture to work. I was just surprised to see her beat Riho, as I thought for sure Riho was going to win the US bracket because she's apparently their golden girl.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
Yeah, especially since NWA isn't doing anything right now and she's been weekly on AEW for a while now. But that post was from October, so things may have changed. But I'm nearly positive she dropped the title to Deeb as her contract was expiring, and I remember after that she posted an image with NWA, AEW and WWE on it and said something like "which one should I choose?" I also remember her on Jericho's podcast talking about exploring free agency for a bit. I don't think WWE is a real option because she's still on the hook with Combate Americas, unless they buy out the rest of her contract there. But I guess we'll see.

I figured she lost to Nyla because she already had a match with Shida(I know Nyla has, too) and she's currently feuding with Britt, and that doesn't need to bleed into the title picture to work. I was just surprised to see her beat Riho, as I thought for sure Riho was going to win the US bracket because she's apparently their golden girl.
From what I understand Corgan's comments came after she teased signing somewhere. Not completely certain on that though. Also, Deeb is officially an AEW talent so the fact she even won the belt is weird.

I was totally expecting the US bracket to be Nyla vs Riho in the finals. I just don't feel like nyla has the momentum right now to be champ.

Oh and did you notice that NWA removed all of their videos from YouTube?

Bran

From what I understand Corgan's comments came after she teased signing somewhere. Not completely certain on that though. Also, Deeb is officially an AEW talent so the fact she even won the belt is weird.

I was totally expecting the US bracket to be Nyla vs Riho in the finals. I just don't feel like nyla has the momentum right now to be champ.

Oh and did you notice that NWA removed all of their videos from YouTube?
I heard Dave and Bryan talking about them taking their content down. They didn't know why yet, but expected that we'll learn more soon. This was a couple days ago.

As for Corgan's comments, I don't want to completely bury him, but he is the guy that bought a good chunk of TNA and later found out he didn't own anything.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
I heard Dave and Bryan talking about them taking their content down. They didn't know why yet, but expected that we'll learn more soon. This was a couple days ago.

As for Corgan's comments, I don't want to completely bury him, but he is the guy that bought a good chunk of TNA and later found out he didn't own anything.
Hahahahaha this is true. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know shit about her contract.

Yeah there is supposed to be an announcement this week from the NWA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality
Mind-killer is the mind-killer
Reality is the mind-killer.
You know you're old when you are hyped that you got a breadmaker for your birthday. Thing is it makes cakes and jams too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toolfan14
Top Bottom