WWE (SPOILERS) (2 Viewers)

Bran

The wolf dead.
Thought Takeover was phenomenal, but good grief their top-to-bottom booking of talent is ratchet.

Hate the finger break spot as a rule, since you can clearly see they aren't gnarled fingers lol, but that main event match was stellar.

Thought that throughout the show, the in-ring wrestling props up some horrendous overarching storytelling, because it is incongruous with the characters in the matches and doesn't tell you that any of these people are "stars". Like, the heels are dastardly assholes UNTIL the match, at which point, they just hustle and work to win clean. The KUSHIDA clean pin drove me nuts and just the concept of Toni being a heel is asinine, but bell-to-bell, great work.
Good show, for sure. I wasn’t really invested in any of the matches going in since I don’t watch NXT anymore, but all the matches were good. Raquel Gonzales looks better every time I see her, MSK looked awesome, Kushida shoulda won, Toni breaking the table with her hand was hilarious and Barrett should get a bonus check for how quickly he covered that, and main event was solid

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
It's crazy that Randy Orton has gotten himself over with the hardcores in the past few years with his social media game, while some of the biggest darlings have buried themselves beyond recognition lol

GingerPowerBottom

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Just watched bad news brown vs Jake the snake. Good match. I feel like if I watched wrestling now I'd be rooting for the heels more. Trivia of the day is bad news won a bronze medal at the 76 olympics in Montreal as a heavyweight in Judo.

Bran

The wolf dead.
What documentaries should I check out on WWE network now that I subscribed. I loved the Yokozuna one.
I just scrolled through it and put a few things in my list, but outside of the Yokozuna doc, can’t recommend anything else, as I haven’t seen it. But in my experience, most WWE produced documentaries are really good, though the more controversial the topic the less accurate they tend to be. I’d suggest just going through and cherry picking what’s interesting to you and just assuming that the depictions of other promotions are a touch biased.

jesusatemyhotdog

Welcome to the machine.
I just scrolled through it and put a few things in my list, but outside of the Yokozuna doc, can’t recommend anything else, as I haven’t seen it. But in my experience, most WWE produced documentaries are really good, though the more controversial the topic the less accurate they tend to be. I’d suggest just going through and cherry picking what’s interesting to you and just assuming that the depictions of other promotions are a touch biased.

So no go on "WWE Presents: Superfly, Super Guy?"

Last edited:

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
The only WWE documentaries I'd recommend are ones where the focus had some form of independent editorial control outside of the WWE hivemind. Sooooooo, Bret and Punk docs.

Bran

The wolf dead.
Just watched round 1 of the Japanese bracket of the AEW women’s tournament. Aja Kong is too old but still works alright, Yuka Sakasaki should have gotten every opportunity that Riho did originally in AEW, Emi Sakura is Emi Sakura, and holy shit Maki Ito might have the best gimmick in wrestling

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
Just watched round 1 of the Japanese bracket of the AEW women’s tournament. Aja Kong is too old but still works alright, Yuka Sakasaki should have gotten every opportunity that Riho did originally in AEW, Emi Sakura is Emi Sakura, and holy shit Maki Ito might have the best gimmick in wrestling
It was Joshi af but I enjoyed it. Ryo Mizunami is my jam.

jesusatemyhotdog

Welcome to the machine.
I don't watch any shows anymore but I check the recaps and dirt sheets, listen to Cornette and the Observer on YouTube, watch some clips here and there, and visit this thread.

So I am a lapsed fan and I admit that I don't know the backgrounds of a lot of the characters, especially in AEW, but I am aware of the VPs' and some ex WWE guys' histories in general.

All that said, Kenny Omega is bad.

He's like a bad actor with freakish athletic ability portraying a wrestler.

He is so bad.

I don't get it.

I think he has been in some great matches. But Tom Magee looked great with Bret Hart.

Kenny Omega is a bad professional wrestler.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
I don't watch any shows anymore but I check the recaps and dirt sheets, listen to Cornette and the Observer on YouTube, watch some clips here and there, and visit this thread.

So I am a lapsed fan and I admit that I don't know the backgrounds of a lot of the characters, especially in AEW, but I am aware of the VPs' and some ex WWE guys' histories in general.

All that said, Kenny Omega is bad.

He's like a bad actor with freakish athletic ability portraying a wrestler.

He is so bad.

I don't get it.

I think he has been in some great matches. But Tom Magee looked great with Bret Hart.

Kenny Omega is a bad professional wrestler.
Was this a birthday card for @Fedorlei Gomipierre ? Cuz he's gonna love it.

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
They don't understand that Miz isn't getting any heat here, but rather, the company will be the one getting heat for putting it on such a troll choice.

As usual, Dave made a great point that they could've at least put it on somebody younger to "see if there's something there", since they're a content maker and don't have to worry about blowing PPV buyrates and killing off houses. Instead, they went with a 40 year old perennial lower-mid carder whose best match was against Jerry Lawler a decade plus ago and has never been a draw in any positive capacity.

As much as I loathe Corbin, at least he lays his shit in and doesn't look like he works at Best Buy.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor

Users who are viewing this thread

• Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where you stand, but with neutrals? Who knows.

It sickens me.
    My heart is made out of gold
    I'm feeling unstoppable
    Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
    Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    wearelivingart@protonmail
    Top Bottom