WWE (SPOILERS)

Bran

The wolf dead.
I'm just saying, if the financial backer wants a mummy and it's Rick Fuckin Rubin of all people, you hook a brother up with a mummy. But even with Corny's excuse, it isn't congruent with the similar criticisms he lays on others lol.
Dude was flipping out about zombies on the Halloween NXT show, and I'm not defending the zombies, but if you want to attack the zombies you gotta say "I know I had a mummy, but..."

GingerPowerBottom

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Peanut head teddy long is the greatest manager ever. Not really but I went to the great American bash in 89 and my cousin made an awesome poster of him in the planters peanut guy attire. My poster was less awesome (fly away free birds). Saw sting vs great muta and Rick flair vs Terry funk. Wish like hell I could go back and relive that day. My mom took us. Got a picture of the ding dongs and dr death Steve Williams singed our poster.

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
Dude was flipping out about zombies on the Halloween NXT show, and I'm not defending the zombies, but if you want to attack the zombies you gotta say "I know I had a mummy, but..."
Cornette's cognitive dissonance around that angle and how he defends it by saying that he had the commentators in-kayfabe, note that it wasn't an actual supernatural mummy, but a loon in a costume who THINKS he's a mummy, is a bit of a stretch.

I just hate about 99% of modern wrestling comedy and prefer beefy hosses potatoing the shit out of each other lol.

Tapout

Bringing Sexy Back
Site Donor
Just finished watching the Yokozuna documentary, it was really good! Was cool to see him being small when he started and how he just got obese. I’m surprised their was none of the Luger feud in it.
I had no idea he and taker were good friends. Hell, I had no idea he was loved by everyone.

Bran

The wolf dead.
Just finished watching the Yokozuna documentary, it was really good! Was cool to see him being small when he started and how he just got obese. I’m surprised their was none of the Luger feud in it.
I had no idea he and taker were good friends. Hell, I had no idea he was loved by everyone.
I liked it a lot, too. Luger is one of those guys erased by WWE history. But when I saw him as Kokina I’m like Holy Shit! 300lbs Yoko was a fucking monster

Tapout

Bringing Sexy Back
Site Donor
I liked it a lot, too. Luger is one of those guys erased by WWE history. But when I saw him as Kokina I’m like Holy Shit! 300lbs Yoko was a fucking monster
Sucks for Luger as he was a large character in both WWE and WCW for a time.

300lbs King Kokina was a legit killer! He moved better than anyone 100lbs lighter. It was crazy to watch how athletic he was!

the Hogan interview is funny too, as he know he was not doing it for the business and being his usual selfish self.

Bran

The wolf dead.
Sucks for Luger as he was a large character in both WWE and WCW for a time.

300lbs King Kokina was a legit killer! He moved better than anyone 100lbs lighter. It was crazy to watch how athletic he was!

the Hogan interview is funny too, as he know he was not doing it for the business and being his usual selfish self.
Yeah, Luger fucked them over by jumping to WCW, and after the merger he was damaged goods, and never got anything resembling a comeback story or a HOF run. Sadly, I imagine he dies an uneventful death one of these days and they induct him into the HOF shortly after.

I've always been a fan of the big Samoan guys, and when I saw Kokina in those few minutes in the doc, he's un fucking believable. Especially for that time. This is pre 3 minute warning, pre Samoa Joe, pre Umaga. If he stayed in that weight range, he'd be one of the biggest names ever.

And yeah, Hogan is living in his own world. "Hey, I thought of the perfect way to help everyone else and the company, and all it takes is me becoming champion for no fucking reason. Aren't I a hero?" At least in the doc, Hart got to show how stupid he thought it was without coming off as a sore loser.

Tapout

Bringing Sexy Back
Site Donor
Yeah, Luger fucked them over by jumping to WCW, and after the merger he was damaged goods, and never got anything resembling a comeback story or a HOF run. Sadly, I imagine he dies an uneventful death one of these days and they induct him into the HOF shortly after.

I've always been a fan of the big Samoan guys, and when I saw Kokina in those few minutes in the doc, he's un fucking believable. Especially for that time. This is pre 3 minute warning, pre Samoa Joe, pre Umaga. If he stayed in that weight range, he'd be one of the biggest names ever.

And yeah, Hogan is living in his own world. "Hey, I thought of the perfect way to help everyone else and the company, and all it takes is me becoming champion for no fucking reason. Aren't I a hero?" At least in the doc, Hart got to show how stupid he thought it was without coming off as a sore loser.
Hart was one of the best parts of the documentary! He was so good. I’m bummed we will never know what happened to part 2 of the that match, he had to of been tired.

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor

In fairness to Luger, he didn't so much fuck WWF over, as it was that WWF failed to renew his contract, let his deal run out without a no-compete, wasn't making any attempt to resign him, and Bischoff jumped on the opportunity to scoop up a hot free agent.

I'd consider him damaged goods moreso for the Elizabeth death than anything, and until his stroke, he had a major pill problem, but regarding the '95 jump, he was well within his rights.

jesusatemyhotdog

Welcome to the machine.
Same
Post automatically merged:

And for no reason at all winning the title against Hogan on some random ass nitro, then losing it the following Sunday to Hogan.
I think of his comical selling, screaming "OHHHH" at the top of his lungs on every strike.

GingerPowerBottom

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I remember watching Luger in NWA. I think he was going against Barry Windham. I was probably 8 and I thought the torture rack was pretty bad ass. I think I had a Lex Luger shirt. I definitely had a Sting shirt that I got for my birthday. Barry Whindam was pretty bad ass. I think his finisher was the heart punch but I might be making that up.

Tapout

Bringing Sexy Back
Site Donor
I just watched this, and man has his entire body, mannerisms, and everything change about him. And this is 7 years ago. I’m curious how much he different even now.

I had completely forgot him and Elizabeth had an affair and she died doing drugs with him.

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
Thought Takeover was phenomenal, but good grief their top-to-bottom booking of talent is ratchet.

Hate the finger break spot as a rule, since you can clearly see they aren't gnarled fingers lol, but that main event match was stellar.

Thought that throughout the show, the in-ring wrestling props up some horrendous overarching storytelling, because it is incongruous with the characters in the matches and doesn't tell you that any of these people are "stars". Like, the heels are dastardly assholes UNTIL the match, at which point, they just hustle and work to win clean. The KUSHIDA clean pin drove me nuts and just the concept of Toni being a heel is asinine, but bell-to-bell, great work.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Thought Takeover was phenomenal, but good grief their top-to-bottom booking of talent is ratchet.

Hate the finger break spot as a rule, since you can clearly see they aren't gnarled fingers lol, but that main event match was stellar.

Thought that throughout the show, the in-ring wrestling props up some horrendous overarching storytelling, because it is incongruous with the characters in the matches and doesn't tell you that any of these people are "stars". Like, the heels are dastardly assholes UNTIL the match, at which point, they just hustle and work to win clean. The KUSHIDA clean pin drove me nuts and just the concept of Toni being a heel is asinine, but bell-to-bell, great work.
It didn't make sense to send the posse to the back only to have Kushida lose clean. If anything, he should have won because of that. Toni being a heel makes no sense. The crowd even seemed confused about booing her, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where you stand, but with neutrals? Who knows.

It sickens me.
My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wearelivingart@protonmail
Top Bottom