WWE (SPOILERS)

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
I don’t think anyone had a better career than Taker did with regards to longevity, character, consistency, popularity, ring ability, style, aura, success, and dominence in the storylines and backstage.
Yeah, he always did such a fantastic job at maintaining his credibility. I'd say that somebody like Antonio Inoki or maybe Jerry Lawler would be the closest when it comes to longevity and remaining at the top of the card.

Although, I really think Taker has buried himself in the past few years when it comes to exposing his aura, probably around the time Lebron big-timed him and he got on Twitter was when he gave up the ghost on a lot of that; which, aligned with his precipitous in-ring decline and those three rotten big money matches (Roman, DX, Goldberg).
Post automatically merged:

There’s a comparison that can be made between Taker’s career and Rush’s (the band) career.
NERD.

Hassquatch

Slayer
Working consistently at the top of the heap with expert quality work for 30-40 years without many extended periods of time off. Immense respect from peers and those that came before and after them. Spectacular light show/live show. Maintained a tasteful quality brand for the entire career. Arguably the best of all time...and it’s not even an argument with the quality maintained over the longevity.

Yeah, he always did such a fantastic job at maintaining his credibility. I'd say that somebody like Antonio Inoki or maybe Jerry Lawler would be the closest when it comes to longevity and remaining at the top of the card.

Although, I really think Taker has buried himself in the past few years when it comes to exposing his aura, probably around the time Lebron big-timed him and he got on Twitter was when he gave up the ghost on a lot of that; which, aligned with his precipitous in-ring decline and those three rotten big money matches (Roman, DX, Goldberg).

NERD.
The basketball thing was a piss poor decision. Going in character around athletes that are all as tall or taller...i blocked that out of my mind lol. Those lter matches were also poorer decisions, could have still had those years without the blunders if there was smarter booking. Goldberger Goldberged that up so fucking bad

Last edited:

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
Working consistently at the top of the heap with expert quality work for 30-40 years without many extended periods of time off. Immense respect from peers and those that came before and after them. Spectacular light show/live show. Maintained a tasteful quality brand for the entire career. Arguably the best of all time...and it’s not even an argument with the quality maintained over the longevity.

The basketball thing was a piss poor decision. Going in character around athletes that are all as tall or taller...i blocked that out of my mind lol. Those lter matches were also poorer decisions, could have still had those years without the blunders if there was smarter booking. Goldberger Goldberged that up so fucking bad
My bigger issue with the Lebron thing was that, here's this legendary pro wrestler, with this massive "aura" and an alleged pop culture icon with mainstream cache, and he can't even breathe the same air as an actual superstar like Lebron and was left standing backstage like a geek in goth makeup. For me, Lebron punked Taker out by not even wanting to give him any shine and saw it as WWE trying to steal some of his clout and Taker wasn't worth it. IDK, for me, it really showed how minor a celeb Taker was outside of the WWE bubble and was an instance where, he could've protected himself by not putting himself in that situation, had he not been a company stooge.

Bran

The wolf dead.
My bigger issue with the Lebron thing was that, here's this legendary pro wrestler, with this massive "aura" and an alleged pop culture icon with mainstream cache, and he can't even breathe the same air as an actual superstar like Lebron and was left standing backstage like a geek in goth makeup. For me, Lebron punked Taker out by not even wanting to give him any shine and saw it as WWE trying to steal some of his clout and Taker wasn't worth it. IDK, for me, it really showed how minor a celeb Taker was outside of the WWE bubble and was an instance where, he could've protected himself by not putting himself in that situation, had he not been a company stooge.

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
Man, Nia Jax should get a lifetime achievement award for worst worker of all time.

At least a nomination.
I'll say this: While I've definitely seen far worse workers in major league promotions(Divas Search winners), who for one reason or another, were given a spotlight that they were entirely unskilled for, and bombed the fuck out of the building; I've NEVER seen a worker exist in a major league promotion for this length of tenure, who has been this demonstrably awful and was not merely retained, but prominently highlighted, despite her lack of any tangible benefits.

Like, Warrior, Goldberg and Sid were poor workers and the business has a history of crowbars, but the guys who hung around had to have personalities and were largely protected by not being booked beyond their skills.

She's an indictment of everything wrong with WWE; nepotism, sloppy agenting/poor protection of talent, objectively bad wrestling training, ignorant talent evaluation.

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
I'll say this: While I've definitely seen far worse workers in major league promotions(Divas Search winners), who for one reason or another, were given a spotlight that they were entirely unskilled for, and bombed the fuck out of the building; I've NEVER seen a worker exist in a major league promotion for this length of tenure, who has been this demonstrably awful and was not merely retained, but prominently highlighted, despite her lack of any tangible benefits.

Like, Warrior, Goldberg and Sid were poor workers and the business has a history of crowbars, but the guys who hung around had to have personalities and were largely protected by not being booked beyond their skills.

She's an indictment of everything wrong with WWE; nepotism, sloppy agenting/poor protection of talent, objectively bad wrestling training, ignorant talent evaluation.
That's the thing, I don't really remember those diva search winners getting long stints of in ring action, mostly arm candy or backstage interviews etc. This woman was pushed to be their womens champion, to go over at wrestlemania as well, and I wouldn't trust her to work a safe match with Bret Hart.

If she only retains her employment because of her relationship with Rock (which I don't know how big that is) or because they can say they promote big girls so they can champion women (hahahahahaha) then that's a sign that she is as useless as tits on a man and deserves to be taken off the main television and sent to developmental. Big Show was sent to developmental during his tenure and that dude was a much bigger deal (pun intended) than Nia ever has been.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
Listening to Dave and Bryan i see that slapjack beat ricochet and Riddle is now playing a complete dipshit character. Things are still going well for anyone who gets called up i see.

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
That's the thing, I don't really remember those diva search winners getting long stints of in ring action, mostly arm candy or backstage interviews etc. This woman was pushed to be their womens champion, to go over at wrestlemania as well, and I wouldn't trust her to work a safe match with Bret Hart.

If she only retains her employment because of her relationship with Rock (which I don't know how big that is) or because they can say they promote big girls so they can champion women (hahahahahaha) then that's a sign that she is as useless as tits on a man and deserves to be taken off the main television and sent to developmental. Big Show was sent to developmental during his tenure and that dude was a much bigger deal (pun intended) than Nia ever has been.
She's a blood relative of his mom's and sounded like she was a bit of his mom's keeper when she was younger(maybe even living with her), so it feels like they've gone above and beyond for the biggest movie star on the planet and that's where it probably starts and ends. But why have her as an active wrestler and endanger everyone, when they could have her be some positive body image PR shill and go around doing WWE's CSR stuff and still pay her the same money to appease him? Like, she's already had double knee surgery and isn't young, so it can't be for the love of the game, or else she'd have gotten better. It's dumbfounding lol.

I think they originally wanted to make their own counterfeit Kong and thought they'd kill two birds by having it be Dwayne's kin, but she's not just a klutz but actively dangerous.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
She's a blood relative of his mom's and sounded like she was a bit of his mom's keeper when she was younger(maybe even living with her), so it feels like they've gone above and beyond for the biggest movie star on the planet and that's where it probably starts and ends. But why have her as an active wrestler and endanger everyone, when they could have her be some positive body image PR shill and go around doing WWE's CSR stuff and still pay her the same money to appease him? Like, she's already had double knee surgery and isn't young, so it can't be for the love of the game, or else she'd have gotten better. It's dumbfounding lol.

I think they originally wanted to make their own counterfeit Kong and thought they'd kill two birds by having it be Dwayne's kin, but she's not just a klutz but actively dangerous.
Exactly, it's ridiculous. I have had surgery on both knees too but I'm not trying to be a goddamn professional wrestler, though from appearances, neither is she. heh

Also, surely WWE has to do some intensive medical work on Jeff. His body has gotta be developing some messed up stuff, surely CTE can't be a far fetched possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
james101
Top Bottom