WWE (SPOILERS)

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
I never believed WWE would use him properly because I doubt that any of the execs, Hunter included, would really "get" Riddle's stoner MMA Von Erich schtick, but even in previous eras, the hot new toys would at least get a bit of a build before jobbing to Hunter on the PPV and getting their feet cut out from under them.

It doesn't help that Riddle is an RVD-level bimbo(at best), but of all the fumbled "sure things", this one isn't surprising. Hell, look at Keith Lee.

With the roster of talent they have, they should have a dozen plus minted main event draws to utilize and in the past five years, you could make a strong argument that the only legit major drawing star they've developed was Becky Lynch and that was on accident.

I mean, aside from Riddle, you have Ali, Bryan, Lee, Steen, Balor, WALTER, Cole, Ricochet, Rhea Ripley, Kairi, Cesaro, Black, and Nakamura who are all main event calibre talents and have shown their potential to get majorly fucking over if booked properly, but the company is fundamentally incapable.

jesusatemyhotdog

Welcome to the machine.
I never believed WWE would use him properly because I doubt that any of the execs, Hunter included, would really "get" Riddle's stoner MMA Von Erich schtick, but even in previous eras, the hot new toys would at least get a bit of a build before jobbing to Hunter on the PPV and getting their feet cut out from under them.

It doesn't help that Riddle is an RVD-level bimbo(at best), but of all the fumbled "sure things", this one isn't surprising. Hell, look at Keith Lee.

With the roster of talent they have, they should have a dozen plus minted main event draws to utilize and in the past five years, you could make a strong argument that the only legit major drawing star they've developed was Becky Lynch and that was on accident.

I mean, aside from Riddle, you have Ali, Bryan, Lee, Steen, Balor, WALTER, Cole, Ricochet, Rhea Ripley, Kairi, Cesaro, Black, and Nakamura who are all main event calibre talents and have shown their potential to get majorly fucking over if booked properly, but the company is fundamentally incapable.
You forgot Lars Sullivan.

Bran

The wolf dead.

Who needs those guys when you've got Goldberg, D-X and the Undertaker?

Hassquatch

Slayer
It’s a shame there wasn’t a live crowd for the samoan beat down on bryan. Could have been crazy. They did a great job though w no crowd esp w some of those bump spots

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion
Survival Pool Champion
Boom. Roasted.

jericho also believes he has a good voice with range and thinks his band is more successful than skid row, he is so self delusional. i guess he could always save face and pretend it was just an act.
Post automatically merged:

i wish riddle was more smooth, his herky jerky wrestling is such a turn off, he is the opposite of steamboat.

Bran

The wolf dead.
It’s a shame there wasn’t a live crowd for the samoan beat down on bryan. Could have been crazy. They did a great job though w no crowd esp w some of those bump spots
I don't watch anymore, but when I hear the reviews of Roman's turn, I definitely consider turning on Smackdown. Then I hear that someone lost their first name, or someone else is doing a Law & Order spoof, and that thought leaves me.

Clark Kent

Fed I have a question. With road dog and billy, why were they never pushed harder. I thought at a time they were red hot and billy always looked like a Vince guy.

Bran

The wolf dead.
Fed I have a question. With road dog and billy, why were they never pushed harder. I thought at a time they were red hot and billy always looked like a Vince guy.
I believe he's covered this before, and the answer was HHH. At least for Billy Gunn. Road Dogg as a singles guy has a pretty low ceiling.

Clark Kent

I believe he's covered this before, and the answer was HHH. At least for Billy Gunn. Road Dogg as a singles guy has a pretty low ceiling.
Thanks. I figured it was hunter. How many guys do you think he has cried about and kept down.

wasnt there a time when he didn’t like Jericho or was it edge having long hair like him, or was that not true.

Bran

The wolf dead.
So Thunder Rosa is a free agent. I’m listening to her on Jericho’s podcast and she’s very easy to root for. I think she got the best match out of Shida by far and she really reads like a star. I hope she goes to AEW because they really need a strong woman in their division and there’s a great chance she gets lost in the shuffle in WWE, even NXT

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
I'll got to the mat saying that Billy Gunn was a total package "Attitude Era" megastar that Vince missed completely on. In 1998, he was "Badass" Billy Gunn, moving tons of merch, with a million dollar look, natural charisma and enough raw athleticism to be carried to good matches and in a year, they had him kissing a 400 pound woman's ass after doing a quick squash to Rock and never to sniff the main event again. Billy Gunn was one of the biggest guys buried by Hunter and if you're familiar with Billy, he's a goofy jock, not a backstage politician and he got worked over. If Billy was 33 today, we'd never even know who Roman Reigns is.

Road Dogg was fired multiple times because of severe addiction issues and at-best, could be credited with being a decent hand and a quick-witted promo(albeit extremely derivative) and his reliability and potential were limited at best and he was always going to be a utility player(See: His TNA run). They never brought him back as a layup comedy act for nearly a dozen years of his latter-days "prime" and it wasn't until he found jeezus and brown-nosed Trips that he got back into their good graces.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks. I figured it was hunter. How many guys do you think he has cried about and kept down.

wasnt there a time when he didn’t like Jericho or was it edge having long hair like him, or was that not true.
Definitely true. Christian, Test, Val Venis, Nova, Jericho and Edge were all in that "we can't have two jacked blonde guys with goatees" column and Jericho was the only one who had the stroke to tell them to fuck off and Edge had his protectors, but also was never given the same level of push relative to his talents that Hunter got.

The basic gist of the HHH reign was that anybody from 1996 to 2004 that was relatively talented and on the ascent, were bound to get fucked with, so not to get more over than Hunter and the body count is pretty legendary. This included The Rock. Let that sink in; Trips and HBK wanted Vince to get rid of THE FUCKING ROCK.

If you listen to guys like Bret and Punk, you'll get the most insights into how fucking underhanded Trips was and ultimately, you can see the residue by the failure to have adequately built multiple top draws since WCW died.

Last edited:

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
Billy Gunn, I won some bets on Butterbean knocking his ass out.

People that only watched WWF and knew nothing about real hand to hand combat thought it was a walkover. They were right.

Bran

The wolf dead.
Jericho on commentary, referring to Vicky Guerrero: Vicky's a handful, let me tell ya. She used to be married to one of my best friends, I know.
Me: Edge?

foundstarr

Inspector SpaceTime
Site Donor
Do you read his books? He is just the same asshole he has always been, he doesn't play a character at all. Cannot stop praising himself for 800 pages.

Noise

Ruido
~kicks this thread's water cooler over~

Not like you diabetic freaks were using that shit.

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
Callis could have any of these motherfucker’s jobs. Love this guy and doesn’t come off like a mark or a sundowner like the other two

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood,
Nobody knows that you've left for good.
You're in the army now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evolveny
Top Bottom