When Boxing was King

cheeseflosser

People forgot how great hill was after that.

USA Tuesday night fights was my poison for so long as a kid. Jimmy thunder, rahman, Pernell Whitaker, Michael nunn, etc. Just so fun to see that last great generation come up.

cheeseflosser

Winky was never the most fun to watch but, like Pernell, he got screwed on some decisions.

He had Sugar Shane's ass, though.

cheeseflosser

He was the greatest athlete I've ever seen while he was in his prime. Everyone else was moving in slow motion. He was like a super-hero fighting bums.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
He was the greatest athlete I've ever seen while he was in his prime. Everyone else was moving in slow motion. He was like a super-hero fighting bums.
And then he speaks and the opposite is true. Listening to Roy Jones or Deion Sanders make serious attempts at commentary is a vicious and offensive assault on the English language. I despise Roy Jones but was actually a fan of Deion Sanders minus the time he spent with the Cowboys. When he opens his mouth and tries to sound intelligent, I physically cringe.

cheeseflosser

I can't debate you there.

His commentary is just so bad and he tries so hard to sound smart.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I can't debate you there.

His commentary is just so bad and he tries so hard to sound smart.
That's the problem with both. If they were both themselves, they'd be way better. But they try overtly to sound intelligent or at least to speak the way a normal human being that speaks English should and they just murder the language. It's cringe inducing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?
If 2020 was a math problem: if you're going down river at 2MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom