Dismiss Notice
Bellator London YouTube Prelims: Link Main card begins at 5:00 PM ET on the Bellator App.

Whats next for Jones? White hints Santos; Jones mentions Walker; Rumble speaks; Izzy rents headspace

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Then why agree to fight them? Especially if you’re just going to turn around and say Reyes and Izzy aren’t deserving. Jones trained for those guys. He just fought scared to lose because he didn’t want those names giving him the first L, which Santos ended up doing anyway if not for questionable judging.

2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

It happens all the time. Champions get bored, don’t take contenders seriously. It happens. It’s just my theory I never said it was a fact. But your hate for Jones blinds you from admitting anything like that.

I never said Jones didn’t train to fight, I’m sure he went to the gym but I don’t think he trained for them specifically.

champions get lazy, complacent, lose the drive. That’s why I’ve always thought a loss could help people. It can either help them or break them.

we have all seen what Jones can do. Jones fighting not to lose, to me is fighting lazy and not taking the fighter seriously.

Reyes I believe is deserving, but Izzy isn’t. But anyone who can sell a fight and or can run their mouth and get the fight will end up with it.

3. Nebraska

And your love for Jones leads you to pull a theory out of thin air to justify why he looked ordinary without the PED flare ups.

4. Clark Kent

Hey it’s cool I understand that Jones pisses in your cereal everyday. I’d be angry too if he was doing that to me.

5. Nebraska

Nice deflection.

6. Clark Kent

I call Jones on his shit when needed. You on the other hand shit on him any chance you get.

how is your theory and more sound then mine.

with all the shit your have spewed about Jones in the past, why wouldn’t he be on roids all the time ufc won’t punish him.

7. Nebraska

When is Jones ever not deserving of being trashed? When he’s failing pre and post-fight drug tests? When he’s uprooting entire events because of his PED hall pass? When he’s carrying mediocre middleweights because he’s afraid of being clipped? When he’s deleted social media posts like a coward? Or is it when he’s breaking the law and fleeing capture? When did I miss my window to pat him on the back for a job well done?

8. Clark Kent

please show me where I was patting Jones on the back.

If he didn’t take them seriously or didn’t train for them, that’s his own fault. If he wants to not train for a fighter and get knocked out, that’s on him.
    All I was saying is I just don’t think Jones took either of those guys seriously, because as you put it they are mediocre, and I agree.

I’ve seen what Jones can do and unless age, drugs, time, or whatever caught up to him I don’t believe Jones fought to his skill. Not kissing his ass, I just think he is bored at lhw and needs to move up. Something I believe he should have done a long time ago.

Look at Anderson I believe he got really bored in certain fights. But at least he moved up an fought guys at lhw.

9. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Boner is a drug cheat.

Poindexter likes this.
  10. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

The worst kind.

11. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Anthony Johnson targeting summer UFC return, thinks he'll have speed advantage at heavyweight

12. Rise

Rise Well-Known Member

13. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

Bones and AJ deserve to hurt each other.

Kano and Poindexter like this.
  14. Clark Kent

Thats racist

15. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

AJ is the perfect fodder to feed Jones for his move to HW.

16. Clark Kent

Aj is way to dangerous for anyone to just be fodder. If jones just stands and trades there’s a chance he could be taking a nap, even if he wasn’t tired.

17. Cat--Smasher

Jones is too smart to stand and bang with AJ.

Last fight AJ won was in 2016.

AJ at HW is a much, much easier fight for Jones than say DC or Stipe at HW.

Anchorpunch and Kevo like this.
  18. Clark Kent

I’m not saying Jones doesn’t win. If anyone stands with rumble long enough it’s going to be bad. It’s just crazy to think this dude cut to 170.

I would absolutely love to see a rematch with koscheck.

19. Cat--Smasher

Again, I disagree.. or do I agree.

Stand with AJ long enough and yes, its going to be bad. Bad for AJ that is. AJ would gas hard at HW beyond the second round with Jones.

Clark Kent and Anchorpunch like this.
  20. Anchorpunch

Anchorpunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

[​IMG]