1. "UFC 245: Usman vs. Covington" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. LIVE NOW. Prelims ESPN2, 8 p.m. ET. Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you drive?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Gr8_White_Rabbit, Dec 30, 2008.

1. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

My sister has a Kia Telluride and hers has lane keep assist or some shit and she said sometimes, it won't let her change lanes even when she needs to and when nothing is in her blind spot.
    --- Post Added -- Aug 13, 2019, ---
    I’m considering buying this car if my sales rep can’t find a black or purple one with the same spec. Dodge is running a model year close out sale with $8,500 off the 2019 Skat Pack Challengers and I want one with automatic transmission, leather interior, and remote start. Mine is manual so no remote start and it has embroidered seats but they’re cloth and I like leather better. You can kinda see mine in the background. I love my car but those three features I want and those rebates make it an even jump over to a newer car with more features.

I’ve said before I love the manual transmission but it doesn’t make for a fun time daily drive in a congested city and my route to work is on a 5 year construction plan.

I had been looking for this car on their lot for 3 days after I saw it on their website but they had it tucked away in a spillover lot in the back of the dealership. It literally has 1 mile on it.

ACEBDF38-5F68-4AA5-8630-40BDA43C4236.jpeg

Dimson likes this.
  2. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Looks like it would be a little inconvenient to get the car seat in and out of the back.

Qball1974 likes this.
  3. FrankieButNotEdgar

Both of my kids are over two so they sit in permanent mounted front facing seats. The passenger side seat slides up on its track and behind drivers side seat is where my oldest son sits when he’s in the car and I can reach him no issue. It’s much easier than you would think.

Kano likes this.
  4. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Hey hey, I found a workaround for my Front Assist problem. I just disable the TSC (ASR in a VW) and it disables front assist too. All with one convenient button.

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  5. FrankieButNotEdgar

I’ve been getting into a lot of car channels on YouTube lately and the one constant I find: I really don’t care much for exotic hyper cars. Bugatti may make a bad ass jet engine car but they’re ugly as fuck. I like a few Lambos but I’m not big into Ferrari, Audi, Aston Martin, etc. and I absolutely hate Porsche. I don’t get it but people are obsessed.

If I get to a point in my life where I get to have a collection or if I won the lottery, I would have multiple variants of the same kind of car but no way am I dropping hundreds of thousands on these weird, exotics. This one kid has a Lambo Aventador and it’s always running hot, he’s always having to have it fixed, etc. Fuck that noise.

6. Ninjastix

Channels I can't recommend enough are:

SavageGeese
    Throttle House
    and Regular Car Reviews

SavageGeese approaches cars from multiple angles. A lot of consumer advocacy happens at that channel to allow you to make informed choices based on realistic data.

Throttle House is a bit more fun, they don't take themselves too serious but they drive and compare a wide spectrum of cars. From economy to mid to luxury to performance. Recently they've been track testing as well as one of the guys autocrosses. So they'll compare track times for certain cars (stock) and provide feedback if that's your bag.

RCR is hilarious. It's Red Letter Media but for regular cars.

If I had the money I wouldn't touch Hyper or Exotics unless I was a collector. Plus there's so little to protect in you in those vehicles due to the weight savings. So unless you live on the track I can't see the value return proposition. I'd love the AMG E63 wagon because you can pretty much do everything in it or you can just enjoy the luxury of it. But in general I don't get out of the small to mid performance segment. I don't have dream cars. I like utility and function over form, badges, and prestige.

I'd rather have a Lexus than a Lambo. You can't use the power realistically. You can always use luxury and reliability however.

7. FrankieButNotEdgar

That AMG is a Benz SUV right? I was behind one at Zaxbys the other day in the drive thru and was impressed. Super nice. $130,000 MSRP.

I would also rather have a Lexus than a Lambo. I like some of the Lambos but it’s not my style.

My top 5 right now regardless of cost:

Dodge Challenger Hellcat (I have a scat pack because it’s the same car minus the super charger which I don’t need anyway).

Dodge Charger Hellcat

Dodge Durango SRT (It’s got the Hellcat Motor)

Chrysler 300S (you can get one full loaded with leather and a double moon roof with 10,000 miles for less than $30,000 or brand new for less than $40,000. I love this car. Perfect as a daily driver.

Ram 2500 Power Wagon (the 1500 Laramie or Longhorn would also be sufficient. Leather everything and a Tesla style 12” infotainment system.

8. Ninjastix

It's an AMG wagon. Or an 'estate' as they call them over the pond.

9. FrankieButNotEdgar

Oh ok. I thought you were referring to an SUV. The AMG Mercedes SUV I was behind was super nice.

10. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

You guys ever check out the Wagon Queen Family Truckster?

Ninjastix likes this.
  11. Ninjastix

Doesn't have the hersepwer or twerrqk I'm looking for.

Poindexter likes this.
  12. Qball1974

Qball1974 Joni Mitchell Site Donor

I had mini vans for many years (f'n great family car) never ran out of room.

Bought a 4 door hatchback to save on gas, OMG wasn't worth the pain.

Traded it in for another mini van o.0

Dimson and Kano like this.
  13. Kano

My next vehicle is going to be a van. Fit everybody in for trips.

Dimson and Qball1974 like this.
  14. Qball1974

Honestly they're awesome!

All the seats fold in so you can use it for transport or if you go on a trip and it seats 7 comfortably,

and you still have a shit ton of trunk space.

Don't buy a Dodge tho, my trans went just after my warranty ran out.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  15. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

[​IMG]

Kano likes this.
  16. Kano

Are you selling that, I'm interested?

Qball1974 and Poindexter like this.
  17. Qball1974

:rofl: burn.

[​IMG]

Kano likes this.
  18. FrankieButNotEdgar

19. FrankieButNotEdgar

EF4CD05D-FFDE-4696-BC99-89B1DA8725B4.jpeg

Being that @Ninjastix didn’t volunteer to pick this up from his local CarMax, I had it transferred to mine. Should be here Tuesday. I think I’m gonna pick it up for my daily driver.

20. Ninjastix

I ain't no Morgan Freeman.