What do you drive?

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
It's the closest I can get financially to something luxury but responsible. Full, real leather interior. The wife will take over the GTI. We sold her Jetta which I hated, had to take some depreciation on it as well to really salt the wound. I tried to get her into a Civic but she prefers the heavier feel of German cars. I prefer the lighter Japanese car and am a bit too big for the GTIs aggressive bolstering.

The Civic reminds me of my old Mazda, my 2011. I could slam that car into corners and she ate them like a champ. Then Mazda redesigned the 3 and went towards a numb experience. And since I can't fit in a Miata..

Civic coupe is pretty much perfect.

RearNakedSmoker

The Cone of Uncertainty
Long day. Bought a Civic coupe. I should have pictures tomorrow.
[DOUBLEPOST=1576449938,1576373835][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nice ride. I really like those. A friend’s wife recently bought an Accord Sport. Very nice (and surprisingly fast) car.

On a side note: how long does it take los vatos to cut your grass? About 45 seconds or so?

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
They do an excellent job in the community. They did great work on our pond in the back. Let me see if I have a pic of that.

So, they drained the pond at the start of the year, cleared all the invasive vegetation and planted native species. Not the best pic to see all that, but it's well kept back there an no longer an algae fest.

m1ckey kn0x

Site Donor
Got new handlebars, switches, grips, mirror, and steel braided brake lines put on the Fatboy. Rides like a motherfuckin champ now. Just waiting for the tires to wear out so I can put whitewalls on it. Eventually I will get better exhaust pipes as well, and a cooler seat. Also gotta switch the pegs and foot rests. Would maybe like some spoke wheels. Idk, shit is crazy expensive. Fortunately one of my best friends owns a Harley Davidson shop.

FF6FF2CF-C3DF-4DC3-B472-F46FB721A35C.jpeg F8AA6959-9C9C-496B-9185-A0AC2926DE33.jpeg EA7C33FB-94D7-4823-BACC-877C685EE446.jpeg FA4AC4E8-494E-4DC3-B2F4-B12305C221BA.jpeg

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Took the kids to the lake today and this bitch doesn’t like driving on loose sand at all. Lost traction twice when leaving. Now I’ve gotta break out the shop vac tomorrow because there’s sand everywhere.

D4A1E861-0E66-4F93-9A65-279746365503.jpeg

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I want to rebuild a 2008-2009 Dodge Charger. I love the body style from those two years. I want to gut the interior and replace it with modern interior like the current Chargers and my Challenger have. I want to engine swap it with the 6.2L 392 hemi V8. I want to put it on air ride so I can lower it and raise it. I thought about doing a Hellcat swap but it’s $10,000-$15,000 for the engine alone and I can get a skat pack motor and trans for less than half that and I’m not a racer. I don’t need the Hellcat engine. I really wanna do this. I don’t know shit about working on a car but I can buy it and find some one to do the work. This is what I want the end result to look like.

69B4BF2C-23D6-4788-8B53-65781EE30E89.jpeg

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor

Mazada 3 i-sport model, bare bones, cost effective and very fun to drive.
I miss this fucking car. Look how small you could still make a car in 2011! This car probably made something like 150 hp but you could throw it into corners like a go-kart and it would just hold firm. Not the most pleasant ride suspension-wise but also not unpleasant, road noise was probably more an issue given how low it was to the ground. If you want this "feel" from Mazda in 2020 you have to drive a Miata, but this was far more practical and comfortable.

Those wheels are so small in retrospect lol. My Civic couple is about 75-80% the feel of this car. Maybe Mazda can win me back to the three but speed won't do it. They need to fix their vague and uninteresting steering. My 2015 Mazda 3 drove like a lazy lover fucks. It just laid there all sloppily. Sure it was softer, more comfortable, with a better interior but the drive was numb and passionless.

This car helped save my life too. I avoided a head on collision and I avoided a side collision because of how well it handled. I'd love to see Mazda reinvent the driving dynamics of the lineup, not just the body design and aesthetics. And if they go turbo it's moot if their lineup still feels like you're driving a small Buick.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Since I sold my truck last year, which was supposed to lead to buying a new truck that never happened, I haven’t taken my boat out in a while. So this week, I went to Enterprise and rented a Ford F-250. It’s a big diesel truck. I’ve never driven a diesel before this week so that was a new experience for me. It pulls my boat effortlessly. I had a Ram 1500 and it pulled my boat really well but I could tell it was there. This F-250, it pulls it without issue at all. I also was surprised at how quite it is in the cabin being how loud diesel trucks are. You can’t hear the engine roaring when inside going down the road.

All that said, I really don’t like Ford’s vehicles. They’re really plain and boring. On the flip side, my ol lady really liked the extra space in the truck that we haven’t had since selling the truck so we are now looking at the Ram 2500 Laramie or Ram 2500 Power Wagon. I have to take my time and get this decision right.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Been looking for a truck the past few weeks but haven’t settled on one yet. While I was at the local Dodge dealer, I fell in love with a 2020 Charger Daytona edition and pulled the trigger on it. Inventory is hard to come by right now because of COVID so they gave me a really good trade offer on my Challenger AND my payment dropped $180 per month. I got a better interest rate too. This one is faster than my Challenger was. It has the same motor but has a cold air intake. It accelerates better. I love the fact I can actually see out of my passenger side now. I love the Challenger. It will always be my favorite car but it’s a bit tedious as a daily driver.

Still looking for a truck for family trips to the lake.

11084868-61A1-4DC7-B23A-5A82AB4D5099.jpeg

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Another Dodge? At least you know what you like.
The only three cars I would consider for my daily driver are the Charger, the Challenger and the Chrysler 300 S. It’s not really a “Dodge loyalty” or “Chrysler loyalty” thing as much as it’s those are my three favorite cars that I could buy and daily drive. Ram trucks are also my favorite truck so once I find one that I want that checks all my boxes, that will be my choice as well.

My ol lady drives a 2017 Jaguar XE prestige that we got on a steal last year. We got it appraised yesterday and they only wanted to give her 17K for it after we paid $25K for it June 2019. It’s worth $23K private party sale so we are going to sell it soon. It doesn’t have much room, quite a small car. She picked out a 2019 Jaguar F-Pace and we are waiting on it to be shipped from New Jersey. Payment didn’t change much and she gets much more room. Now I get to try my hand at selling the other one. Didn’t take me long to sell my truck last year so here’s to hoping this will be easy too.

A friend of mine had a Kia Optima and wrecked it so he got the Kia Stinger. I would drive that car in a heartbeat. Such a cool car. My sister had the Telluride for a few months and I would own one of those too. Those are super nice. She loved it but they have 5 kids now and had to get a minivan.

Clark Kent

I recently bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee overland with the hemi. And I finally got my mustang back from the body shop. I’ll try posting pictures later.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I recently bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee overland with the hemi. And I finally got my mustang back from the body shop. I’ll try posting pictures later.
Those Grand Cherokee Trackhawks are badass. Dodge is finally putting that Hellcat engine in the Durango this year for a one year run of the Hellcat Durango. I'd love to have one but I'm not paying $70-80K for one vehicle when I can get two for that price. I'm still on the hunt for a truck. I'm eyeballing a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition (all blacked out everything). They have some on order at my local Dodge dealer but don't know when they'll arrive. Their current inventory is either bone stock base models or the highest end you can buy which range over $60K and higher. Nothing in between.

Clark Kent

Those Grand Cherokee Trackhawks are badass. Dodge is finally putting that Hellcat engine in the Durango this year for a one year run of the Hellcat Durango. I'd love to have one but I'm not paying $70-80K for one vehicle when I can get two for that price. I'm still on the hunt for a truck. I'm eyeballing a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition (all blacked out everything). They have some on order at my local Dodge dealer but don't know when they'll arrive. Their current inventory is either bone stock base models or the highest end you can buy which range over $60K and higher. Nothing in between.
I love this overland. I can raise and lower the suspension 12 inches. Has rock climbing mode, and a bunch other shit I’ll never use. The overland has more options then the trail hawk. I’ll never buy any other vehicle again after buying this. It has room and plenty of power. i like trucks but I never haul anything.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I love this overland. I can raise and lower the suspension 12 inches. Has rock climbing mode, and a bunch other shit I’ll never use. The overland has more options then the trail hawk. I’ll never buy any other vehicle again after buying this. It has room and plenty of power. i like trucks but I never haul anything.
That’s my dilemma. I love having a truck but also seriously considered a Durango, still am considering it. The RT has that V8 your Cherokee has. Hell the Durango and Cherokee are essentially the same vehicle.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I ordered a truck today. It may be here tomorrow. It may be here in a month. Who knows. Last time I ordered a vehicle and waited for it, it took a month. Hoping it doesn't take that long this time. Summer would be over before it got here if it took a month.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
That's a weird concept to me. Ordering a car. You get a Toyota truck?
I mean, I've seen the same truck but it's a very popular trim package that sells out as soon as it hits the lot. It's a "Night Edition" so it's all black everything and they only produce so many of them so they're sought after. They got two last week and they were gone the day they came off the car hauler. So if I wanted one, I had to order it and wait for it.

Looks like this but all black. The one pictured is a color called Granite Pearlcoat which is the color of my car. For the truck, I got black:

1.jpg

RearNakedSmoker

The Cone of Uncertainty
2020 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Night Edition in black. 6.7 liter Cummins Turbo Diesel. $67k. Super nice and very capable truck, but a bit pricey imo.

4D627A45-119A-4738-9620-4492F1DF138A.jpeg

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
2020 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Night Edition in black. 6.7 liter Cummins Turbo Diesel. $67k. Super nice and very capable truck, but a bit pricey imo.

View attachment 4961
It’s $69K here at my local dealer, they have one on the show room floor. I seriously considered going with this truck but if I did that, I would have had to give up having a car. I like having a car and a truck so if I’m spending that much, it’s gonna be for two vehicles instead of one. It is absolutely a bad ass truck for sure.

Last year, in August, they had the same truck but with the 6.4 Liter V8 instead of the diesel motor. It was $10,000 cheaper but only gets 10-12 miles per gallon. Lol. I considered it then too but went in a different direction for similar reasons listed above. It’s my dream truck for sure.

My truck should be delivered late this week, early next week. They got a shipment today and had one that is identical to mine but since my deal is signed, I have to get the actual truck with matching VIN, not it’s twin with a different VIN. I’m excited. The truck looks the same but without the big Diesel engine. 5.7L V8, 17-22 MPG, all black everything.

RearNakedSmoker

The Cone of Uncertainty
I don’t blame you for sticking with the 1500. Unless you really need a 2500 for heavy work, towing etc, it’s hard to justify spending the extra money on purchasing and maintaining a 3/4 ton diesel truck.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I don’t blame you for sticking with the 1500. Unless you really need a 2500 for heavy work, towing etc, it’s hard to justify spending the extra money on purchasing and maintaining a 3/4 ton diesel truck.
Yea, my ex wife's husband has an F250 and the diesel engine just went out. He said the engine is close to 10 grand and you have to lift the cab off the truck to work on it. Fuck that noise.

I considered the 2500 with the Turbo Diesel because of the better fuel economy but it really would be a waste for me. My boat weighs less than 3,000 pounds including the trailer and the pontoon we are eyeballing is less than 5,000 pounds. The 1500 grades 9,000 to 12,000 pounds. That's plenty. It's also 4x4 so that was the biggest deciding factor for me.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Picked up my truck yesterday, although it wasn't the one I ordered. I woke up yesterday morning and checked the dealer page for updates, like I did almost every day during my wait. They got a Billet Silver of almost the same truck in, Ram 1500 Crew Cab, also a night edition so it has all of the black accents (grill, badges, etc.). What it has that the other one didn't though is the big ass 12" Nav screen. The other one was 8.4", the same one that's in my Charger but I've wanted this big one for the last two years. So I looked at the price and with rebates, it came out to being $300 more than the truck I ordered. So I called my sales guy and asked him if it was possible to change it. So they redrafted the contract and I went to sign it. After I signed the contract, I was sitting there with the sales guy, who've I've now known for years, just shooting the shit, when the sales manager comes over. He said, "I just wanted to let you know that the ad you brought in for that truck is wrong and the price was supposed to be $5,000 more for that truck. What's done is done though and you're a good customer so enjoy the truck." I figured he was just blowing smoke up my ass, trying to make me feel like I got a better deal than I did until later that night. My ol lady got into a big fight so I went to bed early and was in bed laying on my phone, browsing to see if they had sold my car that I traded in yet. Then I came across the truck that I had bought that was still in their system, same VIN and everything. Sure enough, they had adjusted the price and it was now listed at $5K more than I paid. But I had signed the contracts and paid the down payment so they can't just take it back on an oops basis. I'm more than happy with my truck, hey, it's silver and black, I might do a Raiders back half wrap on it.

My ol lady has been a nightmare throughout this process. I love her to death but we had a game plan for this shit, I planned it for months and every step of the way, she twisted and turned, and changed shit up and blamed me when things didn't go right. Now two weeks later, we are all situated with what the original plan was supposed to be to begin with. All that bickering, twisting and turning only to end up exactly where we wanted to be. Such a headache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where you stand, but with neutrals? Who knows.

It sickens me.
My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wearelivingart@protonmail
Top Bottom