What Book Are You Reading Right Now?

Trodden

Currently running late for my funeral
The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect

by Roger Williams

The story is human consciousness was uploaded by a computer and people can have what ever they want by thinking about it, so life has no meaning and society and its games have become increasingly more violent due to immortality. Its very very violent. Everyone is the world is obsessed with death and trying to die. Not a long story, but its crazy as hell.

I'm enjoying it

Reactions: Miz

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Star Wars Thrawn (2017) was bad ass. Excited to start the next book in the series. Can’t wait to see him one day on the big screen. There’s a rumor Downey jr could play him on the Mandalorian (I think I have that correct, the rumor that is).

Beardown98

Star Wars Thrawn (2017) was bad ass. Excited to start the next book in the series. Can’t wait to see him one day on the big screen. There’s a rumor Downey jr could play him on the Mandalorian (I think I have that correct, the rumor that is).
The Thrawn trilogy was great overall, especially with the cerebral approach Thrawn takes in Heir To the empire and subsequent books. I feel he was a better antagonist than Palpatine when it comes to Star Wars cannon. I enjoyed the Skywalker story arc throughout too. I may reread them after I start and finish Ready Player Two.

Miz

Started leviathan wakes. It is the first book in the expanse series. The show is so good I HAD to read the books. Space game of thrones but better.
What channel is the show on? I need something new to watch. And nothing is better than the game of thrones books except maybe blowjobs. Most books have two, at the most three, points of view. Martin has so many. He’s a straight up genius. Only knock is it’s not finished. But I’m still holding hope that Winds comes out next year. I like the Dark Tower and the Witcher a little more, but it’s because they are finished. Plus Roland is the most bad ass character of all time.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
What channel is the show on? I need something new to watch. And nothing is better than the game of thrones books except maybe blowjobs. Most books have two, at the most three, points of view. Martin has so many. He’s a straight up genius. Only knock is it’s not finished. But I’m still holding hope that Winds comes out next year. I like the Dark Tower and the Witcher a little more, but it’s because they are finished. Plus Roland is the most bad ass character of all time.
If you like sci fi you'd love the expanse. It is on Amazon's streaming app.

Miz

If you like sci fi you'd love the expanse. It is on Amazon's streaming app.
I definitely like sci fi. How many seasons are there?
Post automatically merged:

The Thrawn trilogy was great overall, especially with the cerebral approach Thrawn takes in Heir To the empire and subsequent books. I feel he was a better antagonist than Palpatine when it comes to Star Wars cannon. I enjoyed the Skywalker story arc throughout too. I may reread them after I start and finish Ready Player Two.
Did you read the Thrawn books written in the early 90’s or the new trilogy written in 2017 and on? I started book two. Darth Vader is going to be a main character. I’m excited.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor

Did you read the Thrawn books written in the early 90’s or the new trilogy written in 2017 and on? I started book two. Darth Vader is going to be a main character. I’m excited.
They are on 5 now. 6 is the last one. The books make a 30 year time jump after that so they are just going to stop there.

Beardown98

It had to be the earlier books because I first read them in the early 2010’s

Goremire

Site Donor
Started leviathan wakes. It is the first book in the expanse series. The show is so good I HAD to read the books. Space game of thrones but better.
Yessssss! It's phenomenally good, in fact all 8 books in the saga are bangers. Fair warning it is hard-sci fi so it can get pretty dense, and there's a bunch of physics to wrap your head around, but if you can stomach that I think you'll love it.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
Yessssss! It's phenomenally good, in fact all 8 books in the saga are bangers. Fair warning it is hard-sci fi so it can get pretty dense, and there's a bunch of physics to wrap your head around, but if you can stomach that I think you'll love it.
Oh yeah. I'm all for it. I've taken a couple physics classes and the show doesn't hold your hand either. It has been wild reading this stuff after I have watched the show. Abraham and Franck are so talented. Their writing style pulls me right in.

Goremire

Site Donor
Oh yeah. I'm all for it. I've taken a couple physics classes and the show doesn't hold your hand either. It has been wild reading this stuff after I have watched the show. Abraham and Franck are so talented. Their writing style pulls me right in.
Awesome let me know what you think of it, and also what you think of how the TV show compares once you've finished it.

Miz

@Beardown98 liked the new Thrawn trilogy so much that now I’m reading the old Thrawn trilogy (starting with Heir to the empire). It’s written by the same guy. Man I’ve been on a big Star Wars kick. Finished the Ahsoka Tano book yesterday. It was a young adult book. Pretty fun. More to the point than books I typically read.
This heir to the empire book is pretty cool.

Miz

Anybody here read The Children of Húrin?
I have but I don’t remember it real well. I read it probably 15 years ago. I liked it but I’d need to read it again to recall what all took place. It’s the only other Tolkien book Ive read other than LOTR and the hobbit.

Poindexter

Staff member
Survival Pool Champion
I have but I don’t remember it real well. I read it probably 15 years ago. I liked it but I’d need to read it again to recall what all took place. It’s the only other Tolkien book Ive read other than LOTR and the hobbit.
Thanks bro.

Miz

I have not started it nor do I have it. I was just curious. I am currently reading A Confederacy of Dunces. It's going to take me awhile.
A Confederacy of Dunces is fucking awesome. What a bummer that guy didn’t live to see his success. Ignatious is so cool. That was a great book someone recommended for me. Have you read Geek Love?

Miz

I have not.
If you like Confederacy then you’ll probably like Geek Love as well. Or at least I did. How far into Confederacy of Dunces are you? I’d love to reread that book again someday. You’ve read it haven’t you @Anchorpunch? PD, if you read the Children of Hurin remind me when you get to it as I think I’d reread that one:

Miz

Finally came back to The Wheel of Time series. I started it more than a year ago, but put it down. Picked it back up and now I’m about a third of the way through the first book. This is a fourteen book series so it’s quite a commitment. Amazon is making this into a series so I want to get deep into it before it comes out. @Anchorpunch you reading anything?

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Finally came back to The Wheel of Time series. I started it more than a year ago, but put it down. Picked it back up and now I’m about a third of the way through the first book. This is a fourteen book series so it’s quite a commitment. Amazon is making this into a series so I want to get deep into it before it comes out. @Anchorpunch you reading anything?
Miz! Sorry I haven't been around. I've been lurking for the odd Tweet and whatnot, but not really posting. Just started the new job, not reading anything as I've been super lazy. But I am listening to the audiobook for Bowling Alone. It's good so far and resonates with what I see happening in America.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Just purchased the complete edition of Doomsday Clock. I'd like to read The Three Jokers but I want to read Doomsday Clock front to back first. I know the jist of the story and how it ends but still, something I want to own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rammstein's "Deutschland" is the best music video ever.
Ya'll are so lucky today, you don't know how good you have it. I was born in 1932, we were so dumb, we listened to tap dancers on the radio.
Bandcamp is bad for my wallet.
The trick to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmcgregor
Top Bottom