Venture Bros.

Bran

The wolf dead.
Yeah I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hope you're right.

But it's not necessarily clearing it with the 9 other networks, but rather with the 1 parent company, which would have a general sense of the needs and goals of the other companies it owns.

But yeah, we'll see.
The parent company doesn't give a fuck what cartoons are on at 12:45AM on saturday night. Each network is responsible for what they produce and turning a profit.

ILJO

Site Donor
I'm not suggesting that they micromanage the Cartoon Network, but canceling a big, long running show is not a small thing, especially if one of the other networks is in need of that content.

At the very least, being under the same parent company would serve as a bridge to begin communications/discussions about the possibility of it moving there, which is all I'm saying and which is probably exactly what happened. And that's because of the parent company (if not just the mere existence of it).

I just didn't think they would announce a cancelation if there was a possibility of it moving there, which I was clearly wrong about. And I guess thinking about it, it makes sense why that wouldn't happen. That was kind of shortsighted of me to suggest.

Last edited:

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I'm not suggesting that they micromanage the Cartoon Network, but canceling a big, long running show is not a small thing, especially if one of the other networks is in need of that content.

At the very least, being under the same parent company would serve as a bridge to begin communications/discussions about the possibility of it moving there, which is all I'm saying and which is probably exactly what happened. And that's because of the parent (if not just the mere existence of it).

I just didn't think they would announce a cancelation if there was a possibility of it moving there, which I was clearly wrong about. And I guess thinking about it, it makes sense why that wouldn't happen. That was kind of shortsighted of me to suggest.
Agree. I've never worked in television but it seems like being a good corporate citizen would include giving a heads up to your sister orgs that you have licensing that they might want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Somedays all of the beautiful things in my life break my heart.
I'll sleep when I wake up.
LebenTysonTank wrote on Miz's profile.
Any idea how I can upload an mp4 video? I recently knocked out this 250 pound face tattooed mexican gangbanger in front of my house,and one of the neighbors recorded it.
"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom