Vent and Post Your Random Rant Here

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Just saw a preview for Miz and Mrs. I feel like Michael Bolton on office space. I don’t want to change my name because of some ass clown. I actually don’t know if he is an ass clown cause I don’t watch wrastlin.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Just saw a preview for Miz and Mrs. I feel like Michael Bolton on office space. I don’t want to change my name because of some ass clown. I actually don’t know if he is an ass clown cause I don’t watch wrastlin.
He should have to change his name, he's the one who sucks.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
Couple days of FOT on my old job, running the Bleach Plant. This is where I get to sit and what I get to stare at for 12 hours a day for the next few days. The guy that's supposed to be doing it has the crud.

20201113_184406.jpg

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Googled that, never watched Simpsons but I did spill coffee on the control panel once and shut the whole mill down.
Ha! Is that the kind of story that makes your career nickname or does it happen more than I'd think?

And, man, you missed an entire era of references.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Humor me.

I had a long, frustrating week. At work we're under new ownership as a segment, meaning those of us that are "Level 2 Engineers and Managers". Years ago I transitioned from a specialized segment of the business dedicated to litigation software products to the more nebulous Research division of the company. Research gives fuckall about software. They don't know what install is and they don't care. Our sister-products were sold off and my product was shoehorned into platform.

And I've been rotting there ever since. I lost my team to outsourcing. I lost a senior engineer to death. I lost my clients to incompetent management. And I lost just about every argument and advocation to prevent the preceding. So I basically just react to problems. Almost all of them preventable but I no longer has any insight into Sales, into Onboarding, and into initial Support to be of any assistance to paying customers until there's a huge fucking problem. Then I get pushed out to fix all the problems without the benefit of any due diligence. Every time I have to confront a client issue I have no description of the core issue, I have no history of the chain of events, and I'm afforded no understanding regarding the client's purchasing power with the company.

Now - the new "leadership" want to know what we can do to "improve the customer experience". This week I had to attend a "journey mapping" session that outlines the client experience. Essentially the process by which the customer lands in my lap. So...

I blew up the earf. I told new management I'm a mushroom. I'm kept in the dark and I'm fed bullshit. I am a subject matter expert that has actively been disengaged from assisting your paying clients. Where I once had a team that trained and promoted the product nationwide, I now nanny foreign representatives that can barely spell the product name let alone speak on behalf of its functionality or intended usage. Where I once secured additional revenue opportunities, I'm left trying to salvage renewals for long-standing clients who have simply had enough of our shit. We don't communicate with them when there are release, fixes, price changes, feature enhancements, or new products. We only contact them for billing. No one even knows I exist who doesn't already know I exist. And those clients are left to contact me directly because they refuse to go through either our business or support channels.

I had a literal fight with my manager this morning because he refused to acknowledge that his two best resources for supporting, selling, and securing this product have been marginalized. I refuse to go forward until there's an acknowledgement by "leadership" that they created this fucking mess and they need to fix it, NOT ME. I'm a god damned grunt. You don't ask a sergeant to win a god damn campaign. You ask him to hold the fucking line and the line is pretty fucking nonexistent.

But that's not what I want to rant about. @FrankieButNotEdgar can attest to this but in the last 2-3 days North Carolina received a ridiculous amount of rainfall. Like, a hurricane/monsoon amount of rain. Maybe 20 inches or more in some regions. I have a retention pond behind my home and I've never seen it so full.

Well my wife forgot to raise the rear window on our GTI. And it sat in the driveway for 2 days getting rained into because we don't drive everyday. That Covid life. Why was the window down? She doesn't remember. She claims in the all the time she's driven the car she's never put the all the windows down. So by some confluence of events she managed to use the window this week, didn't notice the buffeting that one rear windows down will produce while she was driving, and allowed the car to be saturated for 2 straight days.

I'm gonna kill this bitch. And I don't care who knows. When you see me on the news don't think I'm your average spousal abuser. Know I had cause to do what I did.

Last edited:

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
Humor me.

I had a long, frustrating week. At work we're under new ownership as a segment, meaning those of us that are "Level 2 Engineers and Managers". Years ago I transitioned from a specialized segment of the business dedicated to litigation software products to the more nebulous Research division of the company. Research gives fuckall about software. They don't know what install is and they don't care. Our sister-products were sold off and my product was shoehorned into platform.

And I've been rotting there ever since. I lost my team to outsourcing. I lost a senior engineer to death. I lost my clients to incompetent management. And I lost just about every argument and advocation to prevent the preceding. So I basically just react to problems. Almost all of them preventable but I no longer has any insight into Sales, into Onboarding, and into initial Support to be of any assistance to paying customers until there's a huge fucking problem. Then I get pushed out to fix all the problems without the benefit of any due diligence. Every time I have to confront a client issue I have no description of the core issue, I have no history of the chain of events, and I'm afforded no understanding regarding the client's purchasing power with the company.

Now - the new "leadership" want to know what we can do to "improve the customer experience". This week I had to attend a "journey mapping" session that outlines the client experience. Essentially the process by which the customer lands in my lap. So...

I blew up the earf. I told new management I'm a mushroom. I'm kept in the dark and I'm fed bullshit. I am a subject matter expert that has actively been disengaged from assisting your paying clients. Where I once had a team that trained and promoted the product nationwide, I now nanny foreign representatives that can barely spell the product name let alone speak on behalf of its functionality or intended usage. Where I once secured additional revenue opportunities, I'm left trying to salvage renewals for long-standing clients who have simply had enough of our shit. We don't communicate with them when there are release, fixes, price changes, feature enhancements, or new products. We only contact them for billing. No one even knows I exist who doesn't already know I exist. And those clients are left to contact me directly because they refuse to go through either our business or support channels.

I had a literal fight with my manager this morning because he refused to acknowledge that his two best resources for supporting, selling, and securing this product have been marginalized. I refuse to go forward until there's an acknowledgement by "leadership" that they created this fucking mess and they need to fix it, NOT ME. I'm a god damned grunt. You don't ask a sergeant to win a god damn campaign. You ask him to hold the fucking line and the line is pretty fucking nonexistent.

But that's not what I want to rant about. @FrankieButNotEdgar can attest to this but in the last 2-3 days North Carolina received a ridiculous amount of rainfall. Like, a hurricane/monsoon amount of rain. Maybe 20 inches or more in some regions. I have a retention pond behind my home and I've never seen it so full.

Well my wife forgot to raise the rear window on our GTI. And it sat in the driveway for 2 days getting rained into because we don't drive everyday. That Covid life. Why was the window down? She doesn't remember. She claims in the all the time she's driven the car she's never put the all the windows down. So by some confluence of events she managed to use the window this week, didn't notice the buffeting that one rear windows down will produce while she was driving, and allowed the car to be saturated for 2 straight days.

I'm gonna kill this bitch. And I don't care who knows. When you see me on the news don't think I'm your average spousal abuser. Know I had cause to do what I did.
She deserves it. ;)

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I also left out of my rant that a biopsy I had last week for a mole on my back came back this week as irregular. Now "irregular" doesn't mean cancerous. But combined with a family history and prior moles I'm almost certain to develop melanoma at some point in my life. I have to go back in December to have a Dr. check if they got it all or if a new irregular mole grows back in its place.

At least I have the insurance and wherewithal to get this shit checked. After this fucking week I swear, I could punt a puppy into traffic.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I will confirm that NC has gotten a fuck ton of rain this week. I generally like the rain but my dogs hate it and are afraid of it. There was 4 inches of standing water behind my shop so how am I supposed to let my puppy go shit when it would be the equivalent of knee deep on him? So he refused to go out and shit in the hallway. At least it's tile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood,
Nobody knows that you've left for good.
You're in the army now.
foundstarr wrote on Ninjastix's profile.
playing anything fun?
Welcome to our fortress tall
Take some time to show you around
My small collection of whisk(e)y is now at twelve bottles. Not the worst problem to have. hehe
You might be a financial wizard
With a sack of loot
All I see is a slimy lizard
With an expensive suit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom