Vent and Post Your Random Rant Here

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
My air conditioner died. Fortunately the weather has been a bit cooler. Luckily I got a buddy in heating and air. Still going to cost a couple of grand. My buddy said they’re 3-4 weeks out but he’ll pull somebody and get us hooked up maybe Monday.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
My air conditioner died. Fortunately the weather has been a bit cooler. Luckily I got a buddy in heating and air. Still going to cost a couple of grand. My buddy said they’re 3-4 weeks out but he’ll pull somebody and get us hooked up maybe Monday.
That sucks man

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
I have window units in my house. This time of the year they struggle to keep up with the heat but they do alright.

Reactions: Miz

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
Window units?
I just call mine windows. They have screens in them and they stay open most of the summer unless it's raining.
The only two windows in this old house that are even made to open don't have screens or i would totally do that some myself. Bama is humid as fuck though. It is such a suffocating heat during the late summer. I actually removed a pane of glass from one window and replaced it with plexi glass that I had cut the shape of the a/c unit out of so I could get a third unit in.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
We were in talks to buy a house for two months. It dawned on me that I'm 38 years old and would be paying for this house until I was 68 if I'm fortunate enough to make it that far. That entire thought scared the shit out of me.

Little backstory, I made some stupid decisions financially in 2015 having 5 employees doing the job of one person and got myself into a financial hole. I owed 86 thousand dollars in business loans before I finally made the decision that enough is enough. It took me just over two years of grinding hard to pay that debt back and finally got it done. So I decided to use that same focus and mindset with my future house. I'm going to spend the next 2-3 years working hard and saving and am going to have a house built straight out. No mortgage companies, no lenders, nothing. Just straight cash homie. It won't be easy, but I would rather save til I'm 42 and save all that interest from going to a bank.

Virtualpurple

Go Team Venture!
can’t paying for a home in straight cash end up launching you into a higher tax bracket?
Pretty sure that bit my folks in the ass about a decade back.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
can’t paying for a home in straight cash end up launching you into a higher tax bracket?
Pretty sure that bit my folks in the ass about a decade back.
I’ll have to ask my accountant when I file my taxes this year. I don’t see how it would being that I would have already paid taxes on the money but I’ll make sure. Also, we wouldn’t be buying it cash so much as we would be having it built.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?
If 2020 was a math problem: if you're going down river at 2MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom