US Weekly Mag cast it's vote

T

thebwit

Now I am just going to play devil's advocate here...

At the time of the Obama article there wasn't a controversy. At the time of Palins, well no one seems to shut up about her 4 month old, her pregnant daughter, and everything else.

It will be interesting to see if US weekly does a cover with Biden though.

Gr8_White_Rabbit

GnP that Diverticulitis
Now I am just going to play devil's advocate here...

At the time of the Obama article there wasn't a controversy. At the time of Palins, well no one seems to shut up about her 4 month old, her pregnant daughter, and everything else.

It will be interesting to see if US weekly does a cover with Biden though.
There are plenty of issues with Obama. Shit, how much do you hear about Bill Ayers and Obama?

T

thebwit

There are plenty of issues with Obama. Shit, how much do you hear about Bill Ayers and Obama?
Issues and controversy are two different things. Obama isn't perfect and I don't doubt that the media is more in favor of Obama, just due to the sheer amount of pro obama stuff that is out there vs pro mccain - please note I said PRO and not slander, bad, etc...

The other thing you have to remember is this is a first for Americans. Not just the black president thing, but a female vp. And as we know, DC is filled with card carrying members of the "old boys club" and Palin will be taken to the slaughter more than likely. But you have to commend Obama because the moment this shit hit the fan about her daughter, he said it was off limits and not to even go there.

Gr8_White_Rabbit

GnP that Diverticulitis
Issues and controversy are two different things. Obama isn't perfect and I don't doubt that the media is more in favor of Obama, just due to the sheer amount of pro obama stuff that is out there vs pro mccain - please note I said PRO and not slander, bad, etc...

The other thing you have to remember is this is a first for Americans. Not just the black president thing, but a female vp. And as we know, DC is filled with card carrying members of the "old boys club" and Palin will be taken to the slaughter more than likely. But you have to commend Obama because the moment this shit hit the fan about her daughter, he said it was off limits and not to even go there.
Well yeah. He doesn't want the statements he wife has said in the past being used against him. I feel that if your spouse is out there making political statements they become fair game, otherwise they should be off limits.

Krazikarl

Cthulhu fhtagn
Gr8_White_Rabbit said:
Shit, how much do you hear about Bill Ayers and Obama?
Not much because everybody other than right wing hacks agrees that there isnt much to the story.

Gr8_White_Rabbit

GnP that Diverticulitis
So his association with Ayers went from "We live in the same neighborhhod and our kids hung out." Obama's kids are not yet grown and Ayer's are. Obama launched his state Senate campaign from Ayer's basement. Obama also served on the Joyce Foundation board with Ayers. I'm sorry but IMO if you are going to associate with known deomestic terrorists you should not be so close to the Presidency.

Krazikarl

Cthulhu fhtagn
Ayers is now a distinguished professor at a major public university and notable and somewhat respected figure in Chicago.

Obama's total "association" with him consists of:

1) Being at his house once (saying that he launched his campaign from there is not true - he was at the house at one point and ran for the State legislature later - that doesnt mean he launched the campaign from there)

2) Being on an anti poverty board once for a charity with him

Its not even clear if he knew who Ayers was at the time given that he was 8 at the time and not all that many people were familiar with the details of the Weather Underground who werent of age when it was happening.

Sorry, but being in the same room a few times as a distinguished college professor who was bad 40 years ago but hasnt done anything since isnt a story and doesnt disqualify you from being president.

Gr8_White_Rabbit

GnP that Diverticulitis
Ayers is now a distinguished professor at a major public university and notable and somewhat respected figure in Chicago.

Obama's total "association" with him consists of:

1) Being at his house once (saying that he launched his campaign from there is not true - he was at the house at one point and ran for the State legislature later - that doesnt mean he launched the campaign from there)

2) Being on an anti poverty board once for a charity with him
Ayers and Dohrn hosted a "meet-and-greet" political meeting for Obama at their home in the Hyde Park section of Chicago, where the Ayers and the Obamas lived. (The meeting has also been called a fundraising event.[7]) It was at this meeting that then State Senator Alice Palmer introduced Barack Obama as her chosen candidate for the 1996 Democratic primary.[8] Although the exact date of the meeting is not known, it was sometime in the second half of 1995, according to Ben Smith, a reporter for The Politico.[4] Chicagoan Maria Warren wrote in 2005 on her Musings & Migraines blog: "When I first met Barack Obama, he was giving a standard, innocuous little talk in the livingroom of those two legends-in-their-own-minds, Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn. They were launching him — introducing him to the Hyde Park community as the best thing since sliced bread."[4]

Obama served as president of the board of directors for the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a large education-related nonprofit organization Ayers was instrumental in starting. The board disbursed grants to schools and raised private matching funds while Ayers worked with the operational arm of the effort. Both attended some board meetings in common starting in 1995,[9][10] retreats, and at least one news conference together as the education program started. They continued to attend meetings together during the 1995-2001 period when the program was operating.[10]

Obama and Ayers served together for three years on the board of the Woods Fund of Chicago, an anti-poverty foundation established in 1941. Obama had joined the nine-member board in 1993, and had attended a dozen of the quarterly meetings together with Ayers in the three years up to 2002, when Obama left his position on the board,[1] which Ayers chaired for two years.[11] Laura S. Washington, chairwoman of the Woods Fund, said the small board had a collegial "friendly but businesslike" atmosphere, and met four times a year for a half-day, mostly to approve grants.[2] The two also appeared together on academic panel discussions, including a 1997 University of Chicago discussion on juvenile justice. They again appeared in 2002 at an academic panel co-sponsored by the Chicago Public Library.[1]
Link

I find it hard to believe they have so little to do with one another when they spent 3 years on the same board.

sabreclaww

jui jitsoooos
Now, what you have to remember is Us Weekly is there is hardly any words in Us Weekly. There are very few words. It's mainly pictures and charts and pictures and then a little more pictures and a few charts. Nobody actually reads the story. But if you did, you'd get this: McCain hadn't vetted his presidential candidate until the night before the historic announcement. The night before he decided to vet her? Where does that fact come from? He hadn't vetted his candidate until the night before, that's Thursday night. Really? It remains unclear if or what the Republican presidential candidate, 70 let me do it right 72, knew about Palin's endless streams of controversies, from Trooper Gate, she is under investigation for dismissing an official who refused to fire her sister's state trooper ex husband. No need to go into the details on Trooper Gate. Let's just call it Trooper Gate. She wanted to fire her sister's ex husband. That's all that matters. What doesn't matter is the fact that the allegations were that he was abusing the family, shooting a stun gun at their child. It doesn't matter that when she said she was going to get a divorce and she wanted to divorce him that he came up to her and said, if you divorce if you hire an attorney, I will kill your father. That, by the way, is one of the verifiable facts in Trooper Gate. The rest, the investigation is still ongoing. We do know he said to her, "I'll kill your father if you hire an attorney." But why by the way, that would be the governor's father. Hmmm. Oh, and by the way, the she wasn't firing, she wasn't firing the guy in Trooper Gate because of the incident. Trooper Gate is really much more about who talked to who. Did anybody go and try to influence the firing of this guy. There were several people including the attorney general of the state that called the state trooper's office and said, what is the status on that. It's under investigation. It's okay: Palin came and said, why is this guy still being paid? Do you realize he has threatened the life of the father of the governor. The guy who's in charge of the investigation said, Mr. Palin, you do not want to be here right now because this will be construed as a and he left and never made contact again. You're telling me that somebody who was according to, you know, the sister's side giving shocks to your child with a stun gun and then verifiably threatens the life of your father if your sister hires an attorney. You are telling me you wouldn't go in? Remember, we're not talking about Washington D.C. We're talking about people who were a soccer mom and an oil rig worker. You're damn right you would. Okay. So they don't explain that in Us Magazine.

GLENN: And her husband, Todd's DUI arrest. The DUI arrest, by the way, happened at the same time that Barry Obama, otherwise known as Barack Obama, was snorting cocaine. I just wanted to point that out. One had a DUI arrest while the other at the same time and by the way, not the candidate, not the presidential candidate but the vice presidential candidate's husband got a DUI while the guy who's at the top of the ticket was snorting cocaine. I just want to point that out.

The most bizarre twist in the mail storm of negative press in a plot directly out of Desperate Housewives, reports circulated online that Bristol, 17, was the real mother of her parents' 4 month old son Trig afflicted with Down Syndrome. Yeah, there were reports. There were reports; they were blogs. The supposed evidence, Bristol's five month absence from high school with mono and photos of Bristol and her mom looking respectively pregnant and not pregnant. Mainstream media began reporting this story the mainstream media began reporting the stories that were on the blog!

Okay. Here is the center. I'm going to show this to the Insiders. Okay. This is all the story that nobody reads. Everybody reads highlights, then the center of the pictures. Nowhere in here does it say well, here. Anatomy of a scandal. Questions about these photos led to Alaska governor's stunning admission about her teenage daughter Bristol. What started as Internet rumor quickly built up steam as bloggers speculated Sarah was never pregnant and Trig was really Bristol's baby. Indeed the facts did seem odd.

It doesn't say it's untrue in the box. They show pictures of, where's the bump. I've seen the pictures, verified, of her a month before she gave birth to Trig. Then it shows the pictures of her daughter with, you know, the baby bump. This is outrageous. And then the other Palin controversies, again with Trooper Gate, but they don't explain it. Then I love this one: At the bottom, the second to the last problem with Palin. You ready? You're not going to believe it.

Stu, in fact, before I get to this one, who runs Us Weekly?

STU: It is the same guy who founded Rolling Stone. Which is weird. He's also a maxed out Obama donor, and the odd thing about that is he hasn't Us Weekly hasn't I mean, you have to be fair. He hasn't only covered the Sarah Palin. He's covered also the other big female figure in this election, of course Michelle Obama, and was pretty much the same headline as you had. Okay. So now you know who's running this. I just want to just show you the hypocrisy.
I started with Us Magazine because we've talked several times on this program about the dummy vote and how important the dummy vote is. The Obama campaign and I can't really well, yes, I can say it about his campaign as well because this man never gives any facts. He never gives anything. But the supporters of Obama, they're going for the dummy vote. They're just, they don't care about anything but winning. I have never seen a hatchet job done on anyone like I've seen on Sarah Palin.
---

so.....US magazine...another tool in the liberal machine. :purposeful omission of facts, and intentional misleading....and yet....harlem, crazy assed carl and more will defend this HACK journalism which is produced JUST to mislead people from the TRUTH. Does that sound american??

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/14720/ source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest profile posts

You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood,
Nobody knows that you've left for good.
You're in the army now.
foundstarr wrote on Ninjastix's profile.
playing anything fun?
Welcome to our fortress tall
Take some time to show you around
My small collection of whisk(e)y is now at twelve bottles. Not the worst problem to have. hehe
You might be a financial wizard
With a sack of loot
All I see is a slimy lizard
With an expensive suit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom