1. Imagination has a great deal to do with winning. Discuss: "UFC on ESPN 4: Dos Anjos vs Edwards" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims: UFC Fight Pass/ESPN, 6:00 p.m. ET. Main card: ESPN, 9 p.m. ET.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC on ESPN 4: Dos Anjos vs. Edwards.
Dismiss Notice
There are few die well that die in a battle. Get your picks in now: Official 2019 Annual Pick 'Ems Challenge - ESPN 4: dos Anjos vs. Edwards.

UFC on ESPN+ 9: Cowboy vs Iaquinta Discussion and Results (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, May 3, 2019.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

[​IMG]

UFC on ESPN+ 9 weigh-in results and live video stream
    MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
    • Al Iaquinta (155) vs. Donald Cerrone (155.5)
    • Derek Brunson (185.75) vs. Elias Theodorou (184.5)
    • Shane Burgos (146) vs. Cub Swanson (145.75)
    • Merab Dvalishvili (136) vs. Brad Katona (135.5)
    • Walt Harris () vs. Sergey Spivak (254.5)
    • Marc-Andre Barriault () vs. Andrew Sanchez (184.5)
    PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 5 p.m. ET)
    • Macy Chiasson () vs. Sarah Moras (136)
    • Vince Morales (136) vs. Aiemann Zahabi (135)
    • Kyle Prepolec (170.25) vs. Nordine Taleb (170.5)
    • Kyle Nelson (146) vs. Matt Sayles (145.75)
    • Juan Adams (266) vs. Arjan Bhullar ()
    • Mitch Gagnon (136) vs. Cole Smith (136)

Trump2020! likes this.
  2. singinkangaroooo

singinkangaroooo Well-Known Member

cowboy looks a little water sucked.. but pretty huge. I imagine he will look a good 15 pounds heavier tomorrow

a couple good fights I am looking forward to

thumper likes this.
  3. Cat--Smasher

4. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

@sourdough, you're going down, bitch. You and Cowboy (hook to the liver).

5. Cat--Smasher

Bold call.

Al usually struggles against lengthier strikers. A hook to the liver would be impressive.

6. Anchorpunch

Anchorpunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

The only thing that I'm worried about is if Al's new patient use of the jab slows this fight down too much. Otherwise, I'm just pumped to watch them scrap.

7. Noise

Noise Ruido

Only two of Cerrone's last 13 fights have gone to a decision – hoping for a finish, :popcorn:.

Qball1974 likes this.
  8. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I like Cerrone but I'd love to see Al get the win.

PillowBiter likes this.
  9. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

Cowboy usually struggles against good boxers who can make him move backwards. Plus he's shown vulnerability to the body. With Al's short stature, good boxing, and the team he has behind him, I'd be surprised if he doesn't attack the body...
    --- Post Added -- May 4, 2019, ---
    I'm hoping Al wins because me and sourdough bet on it, but this is a pick 'em fight as far as I'm concerned.

I could see it going either way.
    Actually I'm starting to regret my pick. Al is the better boxer but Cowboy the better striker all around. Al is probably the better wrestler but Cowboy the better grappler all around.

Fuck.

I'm hoping Al wins with pressure/boxing....

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  10. thumper

thumper Picogrammy Staff Member

Few things more beautiful than watching an entire body shut down from a perfectly placed liver kick or punch

Trump2020!, Miz and ILJO like this.
  11. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

The delay where the shot lands and then the body shuts down is awesome. Remember when you were young and got the wind knocked out of you? Nothing you can do. I’ve only spared a few times and have never had that happen looks horrifying. I did, in high school while working at the grocery store, have my buddy throw an egg plant as hard as he could at my kidney. Smacked me from behind and I went into the fetal position. I never got him back as he could’ve kicked my ass. Good times.
    An egg plant is much denser than you’d expect.

12. thumper

I've had experience twice with the liver problem but not fighting or TKD. It happened to me both Football and Motocross.

The motocross thing was, me practicing on the track by myself (cardinal sin). I was doing an "S" turn which was full throttle from the middle of the first.

I was riding a discustingly high powered KX 500 two stroke. The throttle stuck wide open. I had no choice but to grab all the front brake, while turning. it launched me onto the ground on my side. not only dislocating my hip and breaking 3 ribs, it did all that damage over my kidney and liver

IN football, it was another accident. Was being tackled after a pile on when i recovered a fumble from the other team. When I got piled on from behind from 5 or 6 guys, the guy below me was bending his knee straight up. So i cam down with all that force directly to the liver

Like you said, it takes a few seconds but i had a fucking pile of people on me they had to be peeled away one by one. Think they were worried i had broken ribs.

So when it kicks in, I'm squashed, can't breath and in panicking because how bad i was being squashed

Going to say that was the most pain ever. but it wasn't like it 'hurt' as much as it did feeling like i had been shocked by a lightning bolt. it hurt my ears and eyes too.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Miz likes this.
  13. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

FWIW(not much lol), I'm actually thinking that unless Swanson is completely washed, the fight with Burgos could be a FOTY candidate

14. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Forgot my cup playing hockey and got grazed in the nuts,

doesn't hurt at first but ya know it coming!!!

Never did that twice.

Miz likes this.
  15. thumper

Bugs me to watch him get hit. He's the last of a dying breed
    Yeah. Never did that. Shit!

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  16. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

I feel Bisping is all over Adams nuts, but I’m also Canadian and usually favour more technical fighters.

17. Cat--Smasher

18. Noise

Noise Ruido

Awesome job by Matt Sayles. Particularly after winning the first, almost being finished in the second, and coming back for that arm triangle in the third. Way to keep his mentality solid and finish it, :hammer:.
    lol, Taleb LOOKS like a fucking security guard f'real f'real. Rooting for him for what he did to Erick Shilva.

19. thumper

Fucking despise Bisping. The last thing I want to hear is his graty, accented voice talking during events. I can't get past it, so i'll likely mute tonight's event, or watch the Canelo/Jacobs undercard at least.

20. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Completely forgot this was today. Huge Cowboy fan but I think Al finishes him in the 3rd