UFC on ESPN 6: Weidman vs Reyes [Post Fight] Discussion *Spoilers* (1 Viewer)

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Dana White in disbelief at Greg Hardy inhaler incident: ‘I have no clue what anybody who was involved in that situation was thinking’
“It was crazy,” White said. “Everybody started screaming at me, ‘He used an inhaler, he used an inhaler!’ I couldn’t even grasp what they were (saying) —‘What do you mean, he used an inhaler?’ So when the fight was over I went over to (Hardy coach and cornerman) Din Thomas and said, ‘What the f*ck are you doing? How are you using an inhaler?’

And he said, ‘The commissioner said we could.’

“What commissioner? When? How? So then my team started to jump into it to try to figure out what happened, what was going on.”

In the clip (courtesy of ESPN), Hardy can be seen asking for permission to use his inhaler in between the second and third rounds of his fight. After a brief discussion, Hardy took a puff from the inhaler, then walked out for the final five minutes of the fight, eventually earning a unanimous decision on the judges’ scorecards.

“I think if you watch it, you can understand how it happened, but [Hardy] asked the guy and the guy says, ‘Is it medically approved?’ [and Hardy] says, ‘It’s USADA approved,’ because he put it down on his sheet that he was using an inhaler and they knew he used an inhaler,” White said. “It’s crazy.”

White went on to reiterate that as far as he knows, no fighter is allowed to ingest anything between rounds except for water. He was critical of several of the parties involved, including Hardy, his team, and the MSAC.

“I have no clue what anybody who was involved in that situation was thinking,” White said. “Let me start here with and I don’t want to sound like I’m being negative on the commission, but these guys don’t have a lot of big fight experience when we come into places that aren’t Vegas. You see it with different referees and judging and things like that, they don’t have the fight experience. I don’t know what anybody was thinking.

“From Din Thomas, the rest of the cornermen, Greg Hardy, the commissioner that was in the Octagon with them. You can drink water. It’s pretty simple. So I don’t know. For me to speak on what anybody was thinking, we have it on video, we have it all on video and audio, the whole conversation.”
[DOUBLEPOST=1571492671,1571492450][/DOUBLEPOST]

You can't help but laugh for Yair Rodriguez, whose own eyerake that immediately ended the fight in Mexico, eventually led to a decision win against Stephens in a three round fight he was on his way to being stopped if there were more rounds. If anyone can explain more of an anomaly of a fighter, I'd love to hear it. Yair is mystical and it's impossible for him not to grow on you. War El Pantera

The rest of this card was predictable but okay matchmaking, Sosoli is the the worst fighter since Joe Son.

1inthechamber

Just saw the finish to the Barber fight, shit was a weak ass stoppage. Give her Zhang since she says she mop the floor with her.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Commission: Greg Hardy’s inhaler was not pre-approved prior to UFC on ESPN 6 event in Boston

Greg Hardy’s bumpy road thus far under the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) banner got a bit bumpier last Friday night (Oct. 18, 2019) after his win over Ben Sosoli at UFC on ESPN 6 wasoverturned to a No Contest after he illegally used an inhaler between rounds.

This, despite the fact that video evidence shows “The Prince of War” asking a member of the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission (MSAC) permission prior to using it before round three began.

After getting the nod on the judges scorecards to earn what we thought would be his third win inside the Octagon, Greg’s smile was turned upside down minutes later after the MSAC opted to overturn his win.

According to a spokesperson for the MSAC, the reason for the ruling was based on the fact that Team Hardy never cleared it with them prior to the event.

“The inhaler was not pre-approved by the commission for use during the fight in accordance with the Commission’s regulations,” Massachusetts State Athletic Commission (MSAC) spokesperson Carolyn Assa told MMA Fighting. “Therefore, the commission overturned the win and declared the bout no contest.”

According to Hardy, though, the commission did, in fact, know about it prior.

“(I’m) super sad,” Hardy said during UFC Boston’s post-fight press conference (replay HERE). “It’s a ventolin albuterol inhaler for exercise-induced asthma. I used it my whole life. I sign the commission paperwork when I weighed in. It’s on the USADA paperwork when I take every single drug test so that y’all know that I’m not taking steroids. I’m just naturally a monster.”

UFC president Dana White, meanwhile, remained puzzled by the whole drama circling Inhalergate, but did say that Din Thomas — Greg’s coach — should have known better. Others like Jon McCarthy puts the blame on the commission member who gave Greg the green light.

“Did Greg Hardy try to cheat? No,” McCarthy said to MMA Fighting. “He’s asking in front of everyone, ‘Can I use this?’ So everything that you’re looking at, no matter what, goes down to one person. It was that inspector who allowed him to do that. That inspector did not know the rules, and that inspector created the entire situation. All he needed to say is, ‘I don’t know. Don’t do that. Let me find out.’”

Unfortunately for Hardy, the commission result stands at the moment, though his management team did reveal plans to file an appeal, according to the report.
[DOUBLEPOST=1571755903,1571753863][/DOUBLEPOST]

thumper

Staff member
Hardy haz a sad. McCarthy's response was off, IMO.
i really had more respect for McCarthy before he got behind the mic. he says some really stupid stuff sometimes and others, during those terrible early prelim fights, it's SO obvious they're just making shit up to say.

I like Big John, but I sure thought he was better off the mic

thumper

Staff member
Maybe ufc is moving hardy along then just throw him in with a killer then cut him
then this would represent that time for sure. he's not got a prayer in this fight.

I can't figure out what they did with him. they had to pay him some serious cash to come fight and they still hype him and throw multiple cans at him to get his numbers up, but Jesus in that last fight it was embarrassing. maybe he hasn't improved the way they wanted?

A throw away like CM Punk?

Clark Kent

then this would represent that time for sure. he's not got a prayer in this fight.

I can't figure out what they did with him. they had to pay him some serious cash to come fight and they still hype him and throw multiple cans at him to get his numbers up, but Jesus in that last fight it was embarrassing. maybe he hasn't improved the way they wanted?

A throw away like CM Punk?
Even better yet they don’t have a ref and they let him just get ass beat, that would be super cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Kano wrote on Karen's profile.
Are you the Karen from the internet?
I'll come running to tie your shoes.
God damn your righteous hand
I was talking like two hands knocking, yelling "let me in, let me in, please come out."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks