UFC Current Roster Update (unlike their own website) (1 Viewer)

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Former Invicta FC champion Barb Honchak says she was released by UFC

One of the best women’s flyweight fighters to ever put on the gloves is no longer with the world’s biggest MMA promotion.

Barb Honchak has been released by the UFC, the fighter confirmed Monday night with MMA Fighting after a report by The Body Lock. Honchak, the former Invicta FC women’s 125-pound champion, said the UFC informed her in August, but the news hasn’t been public until now.

Back in July, Honchak fell to Roxanne Modafferi by second-round TKO at the TUF 27 Finale. She had previously dropped a very tight split decision to Lauren Murphy at the TUF 26 Finale in December 2017.

Honchak, 39, did advance to the semifinals of The Ultimate Fighter 26 tournament in 2017, beating Gillian Robertson and Rachael Ostovich to get there. Honchak was beaten in the semis by eventual TUF winner and first UFC women’s flyweight champion Nicco Montaño. Robertson and Ostovich are both still signed to the UFC.

Honchak (10-4) went 9-0 between 2011 and 2014 with victories over the likes of Modafferi, Nina Ansaroff, Leslie Smith, Felice Herrig and others. The former Miletich Fighting Systems product held the Invicta flyweight title in 2013 and 2014, defending it twice before a sabbatical from the sport prior to her re-emerging for TUF 26.

As far as the future, Honchak told MMA Fighting she’s still figuring it out. In the meantime, she said she’s coaching and training at her gym in Washington state.
[DOUBLEPOST=1549380728,1549379570][/DOUBLEPOST]
Artem Lobov is ‘one of the most successful fighters in the world,’ will make your fans scream for seven figures

Artem Lobov was recently granted his release from Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) after filing a request to the promotion late last year. Something, I’m sure, that will make Colby Covington and Fabricio Werdum jealous.

Since then, “The Russian Hammer” has been trying to pick fights in all aspects of hand-to-hand combat, including mixed marital arts (MMA), kickboxing and boxing. While he has yet to lock up a fight or a contract, Lobov says the offers are rolling in non-stop. Including one from Bellator MMA.

“Yes they were one of the first (with an offer). Right now I am sort of collecting all of the offers, well my management. They are considering all the offers. No offer is too big or too small. So whoever else is out there, send them all my way and we will see what happens,” revealed Artem on a recent interview on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show.

According to Artem, the offers he has received are well over six figures, but he and his management team are playing the patience game and reviewing all offers available before putting pen to paper. That said, if a promotion is willing to fork over a seven-figure payday, they will win the sweepstakes, no discussions necessary.

“If someone wants to offer me a seven-digit number right now, I am happy to sign straight away and let’s call it a day. Forget all the discussions we can have. ‘The Russian Hammer’ will make all of your fans scream for whatever organization decides to do that.”

Admittedly, Lobov says the offers he has received are not as close to seven figures as he would like, but is confident he will get there within a year. Despite his less-than stellar run with UFC — going 2-5 and dropping his last three in a row — Artem says he is one of the most successful fighters in the world.

“What do you call success in our sport? What determines success? Are you successful if you are 10-0 and no one is watching your fights? Is that success? trust me, your bank account will say otherwise,” he explained.

“Now that I’ve been in this sport for so long, I know this now more than ever what success is, it’s how many people re watching your fights. If no one is watching, it doesn’t matter what else you are achieving, you are not successful. If people are watching your fights and they care about what you do then that is success to me. As far as I'm concerned, I am one of the most successful fighters in the world.”
 

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
TUF 28 Finalist Justin Frazier cut by the UFC
“The UFC cut me, Mick [Maynard] sent me an e-mail,” Frazier said. “I don’t know what the deal was. Either way, I’m still grinding and working for another chance.”
[DOUBLEPOST=1549730200,1549729834][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1549813669][/DOUBLEPOST]List of current UFC fighters

Inactive Fighters
Due to the increasing size and complexity of the UFC roster it has become necessary to start seperating out those fighters who havebeen inactive for increasingly long stretches of time. The goal of this list has always been to present users with information as to who is fighting in the UFC currently. As such, fighters will be included in this table if they have been inactive for more than a year without a planned date of return, or have made official statements that they are stepping away from the sport for an undetermined period of time. Fighters will be organized by weight class, and alphabetically within weight class, and listed with the date of their last fight.

Date TotT Name Division Zuffa Record
Jul. 8, 2017
Travis Browne Heavyweight 9–7–1
Sep. 3, 2016
Jarjis Danho Heavyweight 0–1–1
Jul. 15, 2015
Todd Duffee Heavyweight 3–2
N/A
Bilyal Makhov Heavyweight 0–0
Sep. 2, 2017
Bojan Mihajlovic Light Heavyweight 0–3
Apr. 10, 2016
Igor Pokrajac Light Heavyweight 4–8 (1 NC)
Dec. 9, 2016
Keith Berish Middleweight 0–1 (1 NC)
Jan. 31, 2015
Nick Diaz* Middlweight 8–7
Mar. 5, 2016
Marcelo Guimaraes Middleweight 2–2
Nov. 4, 2017
Georges St-Pierre Middleweight 20–2
Oct. 21, 2017
Jonathan Wilson Middleweight 1–3
Apr. 15, 2017
Nathan Coy Welterweight 1–2
Sep. 29, 2012
Dan Hardy Welterweight 6–4
Mar. 1, 2014
John Hathaway Welterweight 7–2
Aug. 31, 2013
Pascal Krauss Welterweight 2–2
Nov. 19, 2016
Alexander Yakovlev Welterweight 2–4
Dec. 13, 2014
Joe Ellenberger Lightweight 1–1
Nov. 22, 2014
Matt Wiman Lightweight 10–5
Nov. 10, 2012
Tiequan Zhang* Lightweight 2–4
Apr. 18, 2015 Jimy Hettes Featherweight 3–3
Dec. 10, 2016 Mitch Gagnon Bantamweight 4–3
May 24, 2014 Chris Holdsworth Bantamweight 2–0
Dec. 30, 2016 Ronda Rousey* Women's Bantamweight 10–2
 

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
UFC signs unbeaten welterweight prospect Sean Brady
Sean Brady is getting the opportunity of his dreams.

On Thursday, Cage Fury Fighting Championships officially announced that the undefeated welterweight prospect has been signed by the UFC. Though Brady is being touted to make his debut at the upcoming UFC on ESPN 2 show on March 30 in his hometown of Philadelphia, that booking has not yet been made official.
 

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
UFC signs undefeated featherweight Norma Dumont

An unbeaten Brazilian has joined the UFC.

Norma Dumont, winner of four MMA bouts in less than three years as a professional, has signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC, Dumont announced on her social media.

The UFC has yet to book her Octagon debut.

A specialist in Sanda and purple belt in jiu-jitsu, Dumont will compete in the featherweight division in the UFC. “Imortal” went 4-0 with a pair of submission victories at bantamweight, albeit she missed weight once before.
 

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
UFC signs moonsaulting MMA fighter Michel Pereira
Michel Pereira said he wanted to be part of the UFC roster following a recent victory that went viral, and now he’s got his wish.

The UFC has signed Brazil’s Pereira (22-9 MMA, 0-0 UFC) to an exclusive, multi-fight contract that will see him competing in the organization’s welterweight division. MMA Junkie verified the signing with Pereira’s manager following an initial report from MMAFighting.com.
 

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
UFC reportedly signs Amir Aliakbari, rival promotion claims he’s still under contract

“The president of ACA, Alexey Yatsenko, has made a statement regarding the breach of contract by Iranian fighter Amir Aliakbari after he announced he has signed with the UFC.

‘Iranian fighter Amir Aliakbari announced that he has signed a contract with the UFC, forgetting that he has a valid agreement with ACA. We have reminded the athlete of his obligations and have also notified UFC Vice President Shawn Shelby and matchmaker Mick Maynard about the violation of this fighter’s exclusive agreement with our organization. We sent all the documents confirming Aliakbari’s obligations to our league.


We are waiting for explanations from the fighter and the response from the UFC on this issue and we reserve the right to take appropriate measures to protect the interests of our promotion,’ said Yatsenko.”
[DOUBLEPOST=1557284296,1557237845][/DOUBLEPOST]UFC parts ways with another flyweight fighter, releases former WSOF titleholder Magomed Bibulatov
The UFC’s flyweight purge is not showing any signs of slowing down. Following a stretch that saw the Las Vegas based promotion cut ties with fighters like Jose Torres, Ulka Sasaki, Ben Nguyen, Roberto Sanchez and Jared Brooks, they’ve now released Russia’s Magomed Bibulatov. This news comes from Marcel Dorff of MMA DNA, who added the Bibulatov has already found a new home in Absolute Championship Akhmat (ACA).

Magomed Bibulatov joined the UFC roster with a flawless 14-0 record, and accolades as a former World Series of Fighting flyweight champion and WCFA Flyweight Grand Prix winner.
 

Poindexter

Reputation: ∞
Staff member
Bryan Caraway to Debut for Battlefield FC in July
Former Ultimate Fighting Championship bantamweight Bryan Caraway is set to make his first appearance for Battlefield Fighting Championship, the South Korean combat sports promotion that also recently signed former Bellator lightweight champion Will Brooks. This Battlefield FC news also serves to inadvertently confirm that Caraway is no longer with the UFC, information that was unknown prior to the disclosure of this July 27 matchup.

Caraway holds a 21-9 professional mixed martial arts record, with his UFC tally at 5-4. His last bout in the Octagon resulted in a first-round loss against Pedro Munhoz. "Kid Lightning" earned notable UFC wins over Eddie Wineland and Aljamain Sterling before losing two in a row against rising prospect Cody Staman and Munhoz.

The 34-year old MMA veteran will now travel from his native Washington state to Macau, China, to fight on Battlefield FC 2 against Raja Shippen. Shippen (18-11-1) competed in the inaugural Battlefield FC show back in March 2017, an event that was shrouded in controversy after fighters were initially issued IOUs instead of paychecks.

Two years later and Battlefield FC is now poised to return to the MMA stage. Battlefield FC 2 will take place on July 27 in Macau, China. Caraway, Brooks and former UFC fighter Abel Trujillo will all make their Battlefield FC entrances on the same card.
 

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
recent cuts
Justin Willis
Abel Trujillo
Jessica Aguilar
Jordan Rinaldi
Tom Duquesnoy (retired)
Felipe Silva
Magomed Bibulatov
Igor Pokrajac
Nick Roehrick
Jesus Pinedo
Elias Theodorou
Marcelo Golm
Wilson Reis
Eric Shelton
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

UFC 251 Usman vs Burns

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."
thumper wrote on DOCTOR's profile.
Yoink! man what would we do without @DOCTOR posting events?

Forum statistics

Threads
41,709
Messages
1,058,918
Members
2,304
Latest member
Subtleties
Top