"UFC 258: Usman vs. Burns" [Post Fight] Discussion *Spoilers*

thumper

Staff member
Holy shit. That was surreal. in the first round I was thinking gilbert was going to dominate, but holy shit once Usman got his timing and range that's just insane. In fact, I think his jab hits as hard as some people's power shot. He sure as shit doesn't use it as a set up. I mean he does, but shit he's killing dudes with it.

Anyway, That was a fun fight to watch and Usman has just taken a huge step in the record books as a WW

strife

I
Jacare, Rodolfo, Burns... tough being from BJJ royalty of late. though watching rodolfo get cooked was great mma storytelling

Noise

Ruido
Had some shit to take care of. Sucks Durinho lost but sounds like Usman handled business in there. Wonder what's next.

GingerPowerBottom

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Missed the main card. Usman’s a beast. I’m not going to miss the three title fight card coming up.
Post automatically merged:

@Noise did you see Hernandez fight that bjj champ on the prelim?

Noise

Ruido
Bro, I missed the whole thing. Viera getting subbed by a purple belt like that – god damn.

Super stoked loyal bae Grasso won though. That super sus head ass Barber chick seem like she was born to key a nigga's whip over some bullshit and call the cops :rip:.

GingerPowerBottom

I’d rather wonderboy vs Usman, but I’m perfectly fine with Masvidal fighting him on a full camp.
Hernandez should get a double bonus for subbing him. That was bad ass.

Poindexter

Staff member
I caught the main card this morning. Love Grasso and Usman is awesome. Cormier was all "this fight is far from over"... thirty-four seconds later it's over.

Fuck Masvidal. I'd like to see him and Colby destroy each other permanently.

GingerPowerBottom

I caught the main card this morning. Love Grasso and Usman is awesome. Cormier was all "this fight is far from over"... thirty-four seconds later it's over.

Fuck Masvidal. I'd like to see him and Colby destroy each other permanently.
Yes. Colby Masvidal and usman wonderboy would be awesome.

Poindexter

Staff member

The full UFC 258 UFC Promotional Guidelines Compliance payouts included:

Kamaru Usman: $40,000

def. Gilbert Burns: $30,000

Alexa Grasso: $5,000

def. Maycee Barber: $4,000

Kelvin Gastelum: $15,000

def. Ian Heinisch: $5,000

Ricky Simon: $5,000

def. Brian Kelleher: $10,000

Julian Marquez: $3,500

def. Maki Pitolo: $4,000

Anthony Hernandez: $4,000

def. Rodolfo Vieira: $3,500

Belal Muhammad: $10,000

def. Dhiego Lima: $5,000

Polyana Viana: $5,000

def. Mallory Martin: $3,500

Chris Gutierrez: $5,000

def. Andre Ewell: $5,000

Gabe Green: $3,500

def. Philip Rowe: $3,500

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Just watched the co-main and main (fell asleep last night) and GOD DAMN! Great Sunday fun. Grasso is reactive and would likely make for a kind of boring fight with Schevy but she's what, one away from that now? And Usman is the man- one of the most cerebral champs out there. Loved watching him switch stances (which happened in the first to slow Burns, even though they didn't talk about it) and throw that weird ass jab of his. Love it.

GingerPowerBottom

I don’t think I mind if they use performance enhancers. I’m a simple man. I want to see dingers. I also like rooting for the guys you think are clean (like Cal Ripken). I like the mix. I’ve never taken ped’s but I love supplements (which I believe enhance my performance). I just think if one can then they all should be able to. Free choice. Try and regulate it to keep them as safe as they can. But why the hell not take something if it’s relatively safe and enhances your performance. Like if they had a pill to make your dick bigger. You’re damn right I’ll be taking it. C’mon man it’s 2021.

Palma

I am chaos
I don’t think I mind if they use performance enhancers. I’m a simple man. I want to see dingers. I also like rooting for the guys you think are clean (like Cal Ripken). I like the mix. I’ve never taken ped’s but I love supplements (which I believe enhance my performance). I just think if one can then they all should be able to. Free choice. Try and regulate it to keep them as safe as they can. But why the hell not take something if it’s relatively safe and enhances your performance. Like if they had a pill to make your dick bigger. You’re damn right I’ll be taking it. C’mon man it’s 2021.
lol, why does it have to be “safe”? First of all there isn’t much safe about fighting MMA. Second, they can drink until their liver explodes or smoke until they have cancer and it isn’t against the rules. There’s only rules regarding their safety when it comes to performing better?

GingerPowerBottom

lol, why does it have to be “safe”? First of all there isn’t much safe about fighting MMA. Second, they can drink until their liver explodes or smoke until they have cancer and it isn’t against the rules. There’s only rules regarding their safety when it comes to performing better?
I just mean like really dangerous ones. Like anabolic steroids. I’m no expert on steroids. I’d take “safer” ones. Kind of like how I smoke pot but won’t do meth. You can’t do meth safely. IMO. I’d do testosterone. Might do that someday. I’m not a ban cigarettes guy. Smoke if you got em.

Palma

I am chaos
I just mean like really dangerous ones. Like anabolic steroids. I’m no expert on steroids. I’d take “safer” ones. Kind of like how I smoke pot but won’t do meth. You can’t do meth safely. IMO. I’d do testosterone. Might do that someday. I’m not a ban cigarettes guy. Smoke if you got em.
None of it is really safe. They are just more effective and less detectable. Over time it’s the same as smoking or unhealthy eating. You’re chances of cancer or other complications rises.

to me, the overall unhealthy aspect is besides the point, as where nearly every person in this country chooses very unhealthy habits. I just don’t hold judgment against people who cheat at sports as much as I do about how people behave as individuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality
Mind-killer is the mind-killer
Reality is the mind-killer.
You know you're old when you are hyped that you got a breadmaker for your birthday. Thing is it makes cakes and jams too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toolfan14
Top Bottom