• Dustin/dec

• Conor/sub

• Dustin/sub

• Draw

• Conor/stoppage by cart dolly

Results are only viewable after voting.

Peezy

Voice of the people
So, what’s next? Chandler vs Porier for the title makes the most sense. Maybe Gaethje vs Oliveria for #1 contender and McGregor vs Ferguson for next contender after that?

ILJO

Site Donor
I hope Paul Felder calls out McGregor, do it in Dublin. That would be a dope fight and makes sense rankings wise. Do Chandler/diamond for the title if khabib is done.
Both good fights. I think Chandler/Poirier will probably happen but I think Conor probably goes for the Nate rematch at this point.

Can't see Conor working his way back up through contenders. Only super fights for him me thinks

Malevolence

Mostly harmless
Survival Pool Champion
Holy crap, DC is awful
He’s the worst on the whole team
Post automatically merged:

Can’t believe how much Conor slowed in that 2nd round, he doesn’t beat Dustin or Nate in a trilogy fight. The Pacquiao fight is dead in the water now, I think he’s close to done.

Malevolence

Mostly harmless
Survival Pool Champion
Was soooooooooo deflated by the nature of Dan Hookers loss. Never seen him fight like that, so timid. Was circling the right way, got caught with that left because his right hand was defending his right knee, unforgivable. Big defensive mistake, punished brutally by a better pro quite frankly.

Chandler did everything right but had very few questions asked of him. Good day at the office for Mike.

Hooker now gets to sit in a hotel by himself in Abu Dhabi for the next four weeks then two more weeks back here in isolation (that’ll cost him 4k NZ$) and think about how poor his game plan was, that was very unlike any performance from him while he was at City Kickboxing, he needs to give his head a good hard shake.

sourdough

Sourdough
Site Donor

Can’t believe how much Conor slowed in that 2nd round, he doesn’t beat Dustin or Nate in a trilogy fight. The Pacquiao fight is dead in the water now, I think he’s close to done.
He's the worst in the expanded ufc universe

nbm02ss

Was soooooooooo deflated by the nature of Dan Hookers loss. Never seen him fight like that, so timid. Was circling the right way, got caught with that left because his right hand was defending his right knee, unforgivable. Big defensive mistake, punished brutally by a better pro quite frankly.

Chandler did everything right but had very few questions asked of him. Good day at the office for Mike.

Hooker now gets to sit in a hotel by himself in Abu Dhabi for the next four weeks then two more weeks back here in isolation (that’ll cost him 4k NZ$) and think about how poor his game plan was, that was very unlike any performance from him while he was at City Kickboxing, he needs to give his head a good hard shake.
Gotta feel for the guy. Tough loss and now can't see his family until late Feb because of NZ quarantine.

strife

I

Few things:

He just got the shit kicked out of him for 25 minutes against Dustin Poirier who just KTFO McGregor, just like the Conor/Cerrone fight, guys need more time off when they take that kind of damage.

Chandler won the psychology, and he has a lot more MMA experience than Hooker, and it showed. Hooker had his hands low because he was occupied wanting to defend the takedown on that sequence, CHandler comes low, real low with the body punch and Hooker baits hard, has nowhere to circle, and it's over. Bad strategy for sure in not wanting to engage sooner, or even put chandler on his back to meet his aggression, Hooker isn't a bad grappler at all.

Malevolence

Mostly harmless
Survival Pool Champion
Few things:

He just got the shit kicked out of him for 25 minutes against Dustin Poirier who just KTFO McGregor, just like the Conor/Cerrone fight, guys need more time off when they take that kind of damage.

Chandler won the psychology, and he has a lot more MMA experience than Hooker, and it showed. Hooker had his hands low because he was occupied wanting to defend the takedown on that sequence, CHandler comes low, real low with the body punch and Hooker baits hard, has nowhere to circle, and it's over. Bad strategy for sure in not wanting to engage sooner, or even put chandler on his back to meet his aggression, Hooker isn't a bad grappler at all.
I think that’s a very fair assessment, the stand down was a couple of months shy possibly but Hooker likes to fight, you’re correct though, that sort of damage doesn’t just reset after a week or two, I still held very high hopes for my homeboy.
I don’t mean this in any disrespectful way, as I don’t step foot in any sort of cage/ring & fight, so the chances that I’m talking out my ass are fairly high...but he just went out in a fashion that I don’t associate with Dan Hooker at all.

Chandler is built like a brick shithouse & can drop a cunt, Dan never pressed, it looked like he thought he could soak up whatever came his way & counter at will, I felt like he was a little arrogant in his approach, like he felt he was a level up from Mike because of his ufc experience (he gave proper respect to Chandler in all his pre fight interviews but he always mentioned the “Bellator Cage” like it was beneath him). Look, I’m a little drunk on a Sunday eve & didn’t win the lotto yesterday & have to go back to my awful job tomorrow morning & one of my favorite fighters got his ass brutally handed to him so I’m probably saltier than usual, just feel that result (or the style of it) could’ve been avoided

Last edited:

thumper

Staff member

I honestly think that after seeing him tonight, as bad as he looked (he just didn't look healthy to me) and as quick as he faded, considering he lost the only fights that really mattered in the last few years, the whole conor mystique is not only thin, it's been scrubbed off, and I would bet he won't be getting another huge boxing payday. Clearly there's no money in a mayweather rematch now, pacquiao vs mcgregor just doesn't matter IMO. not for anything worthy of a cross promotion unless the deal favorably leaned to conor's benefit and got a guaranteed payday which I don't think he even has the juice to attract any more.

Yeah I know i hate him and won't be praising him anytime soon, but that whole mcgregor/ireland shit just didn't come across the same way this time.

Without those fanatical fans it no longer works IMO and coronavirus blew that entire aspect of his fanbois

Last edited:

Malevolence

Mostly harmless
Survival Pool Champion
He’s got 2 fights left this year I think then he’ll be fighting Big Dave off of YouTube & make a few mil before disappearing....maybe, he’ll get push if he wins his next out, wouldn’t be surprised if he calls out Max, he seems pretty high on his own self belief still (not a bad thing for a prize fighter). I think he’ll think he can beat top of the food chain guys, he still might

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
the casuals must be like who is this Michael Chandler guy?
Damn imagine Patrício Freire in the UFC..

conor is aging badly, looked good in rd 1 but couldn't handle that calf kick. Maybe a boxing fight with pacquiao or a paul brother at this point then retirement.

TriangleSmoke

Motherfucker of the Century
Site Donor
the casuals must be like who is this Michael Chandler guy?
Damn imagine Patrício Freire in the UFC..

conor is aging badly, looked good in rd 1 but couldn't handle that calf kick. Maybe a boxing fight with pacquiao or a paul brother at this point then retirement.
Conor may or may not be aging badly, but I think it's just a matter of him going a bit soft.

Kinda hard to be the Irish savage when you're showing up to fight week sipping espresso on a 300 foot yacht.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest profile posts

I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where you stand, but with neutrals? Who knows.

It sickens me.
My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wearelivingart@protonmail
Top Bottom