UFC 251: Live Discussion [Post Fight] (1 Viewer)

What fight are you most excited for

• Total voters

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
No, you're way off. Offensive grappling is strictly being offensive: submissions, takedowns, throws, advancement in control positions.

He was takendown, but was successful at defending most of the takedowns.

Who is good at "not being grappled at"? Half the sport is grappling. That's like saying "he isn't good at being striked at".

If you don't want to think that defending takedowns, getting out of unfavorable positions, and disengaging from the clinch isn't defensive grappling, then that's fine with me.

Lol, hell... he even took Woodley down twice. I guess Woodly isn't good at defensive grappling
Aren't sweeps and scrambles offensive? Masvidal didn't defend much from his back either. His guard was wide open. He mostly just smiled about being smothered and occasionally being elbowed. To me an escape is an offensively minded action. You are initiating an action to escape a situation. You are not blocking an attack. Your switch or scramble would be something you initiated.

Palma

I am chaos
Aren't sweeps and scrambles offensive? Masvidal didn't defend much from his back either. His guard was wide open. He mostly just smiled about being smothered and occasionally being elbowed. To me an escape is an offensively minded action. You are initiating an action to escape a situation. You are not blocking an attack. Your switch or scramble would be something you initiated.
Sweeps are offensive, scrambles aren't really definable as offensive or defensive in general.

If you're initiating an action to an escape, that by definition would be defensive, right?

The technique he used to get off his back with Usman on top of him is literally called the "Defensive Stand-up"

Poindexter

Staff member
Finally caught the co-main. Max was the better fighter and should have been given the win on the cards.
Post automatically merged:

Finally watched the main event. Really good to see Masvidal shut down. It seemed like his gameplan was to flurry for part of a round, smirk for the rest of the fight, and then flurry for the last 25 seconds.

Last edited:

thumper

Staff member
Andrade's corner saying she won the first two rounds? Haha.
i'll give her a LOT of credit for completely changing her style, picking up great head movement and making advances, but she should just shut up and take the L

leave it in their hands and you take the risk. Sorry

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
i'll give her a LOT of credit for completely changing her style, picking up great head movement and making advances, but she should just shut up and take the L

leave it in their hands and you take the risk. Sorry
This was said during the fight, going into Rd 3 you can hear her corner saying she is up 2, I chucked at this as well lol

But yes, it was nice to see her add head movement, but for the love of God I hope a jab is next.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
You think Jorge’s feet hurt today? I’ve never had someone stomp on my foot. Did those count in Usman’s total strikes, and if so how many foot stomps did he do?

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
Shocker, they won't pay people on performance (or she'd have already been released) but they'll pay out the ass if you can be ignorant, which is why Perry wasn't released and has only been benched
Perry shouldn't be in the UFC to begin with, and I sometimes don't hate the guy, but at this point in the game I don't care if it's the Ultimate Striking Championship, if you don't know how to grapple, you don't belong in the best organization the sport has. They've set a really bad standard recently to say the least.

Miz

What did ever become of the Perry thing? Did Dana talk about it? I saw a clip where Shannon Sharpe was pissed about Perry using the N word. I think he said Perry said it was ok because he’s two percent black. I might be making up or misremembering that last sentence.

thumper

Staff member
What did ever become of the Perry thing? Did Dana talk about it? I saw a clip where Shannon Sharpe was pissed about Perry using the N word. I think he said Perry said it was ok because he’s two percent black. I might be making up or misremembering that last sentence.
ROFL he did update. Jesus Christ what a crock of shit. if he wasn't some shit talking hillbilly that runs his mouth he'd be gone.

ABU DHABI – Dana White isn’t surprised UFC welterweight Mike Perry has come to this, but said he’s willing to help.

Wednesday, a video surfaced of an agitated Perry (14-6 MMA, 7-6 UFC) striking an older man with his fist in a restaurant altercation following a heated argument. One day later, the UFC issued a statement announcing Perry will seek help and that the promotion will not offer him any fights until he does so.

Friday, MMA Junkie asked White for his thoughts on the incident and his promotion’s statement. White said he was not surprised by Perry’s actions.

“I saw this coming the last several months with Mike Perry,” White said. “All you have to do is watch his interviews. Watch the way he’s interacted with you guys. He literally said in an interview leading up to his last fight, ‘I hate all of you. I hate the media. I hate the fans. You guys want to say stuff to me on Twitter and then walk up to my face and try to be nice to me. I’m telling you. Don’t walk up to me when you see me in the streets. Don’t touch me and don’t say hi to me.’ He said that leading up to that last fight. He’s a man of his word, apparently, and here we are today.”

So where does Perry go from here? White indicated the UFC welterweight is in desperate need of help. The UFC president also attributed Perry’s pattern of erratic behavior to struggling with how to handle recently found fame – and the social media comments that come with it.

“He obviously needs some help,” White said. “That’s not normal behavior. He’s gotten a lot more angry and agitated. You see this happen with guys and girls when they start to get a little bit of fame. They start to get famous. I have a blast on social media. You see a lot of people who don’t have fun on social media. There are some horrible things that are happening to people in dealing with social media. Everybody deals with it differently.

“I love criticism. I love whatever you want to call it that goes on on social media between fans and media and all that stuff. I’m built that way. He’s definitely not built that way. He’s definitely a guy that should probably stay off social media. He needs to make a few changes in his life. We’re going to do everything we can to help him.”
Post automatically merged:

If you would, please count them and get back to us.

Miz

Wonder if that was a record? 42. It’s like Cal Ripken’s iron man record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kano wrote on Karen's profile.
Are you the Karen from the internet?
I'll come running to tie your shoes.
God damn your righteous hand
I was talking like two hands knocking, yelling "let me in, let me in, please come out."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks