"UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey" Live Discussion *Spoilers* (1 Viewer)

chuckthechamp

#NinerEmpire
Yeah, you're right. No one knew who Freddy Roach was until he talked about Ronda.
Freddie Roach needs to use Ronda's name.. lol.. right..

I guess standing next to Manny Pacquiao, (you know, the guy he trains) on the biggest PPV ever vs Mayweather didnt get him the exposure he craves, cuz you know, Roach seems like such a extrovert

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Are you drunk?
I need to be to have conversations where we place blame on others. Damned rap music.
[DOUBLEPOST=1483716916,1483715560][/DOUBLEPOST]Cris Cyborg’s coach invites Ronda Rousey to train together - ‘I feel bad’
http://www.mmamania.com/2017/1/5/14...tes-ronda-rousey-to-train-together-i-feel-bad

“If you ask me, that fight’s over,” said Parillo. “That fight was just holding on by a string as it was because, if you ask me, Ronda was never going to agree to that fight. We’re talking about a girl that’s just been knocked out, twice. Cris is dominating her division. The hype for that is starting to tilt away, I think. I think they’ll be more hype for Amanda Nunes vs. Cris Cyborg. It’s hard to see them ever matching up. They couldn’t get it together before the fight. This just set her back a whole lifetime.”

“They could train together, now,” said Parillo. “Cris could help Ronda improve. I wouldn’t mind seeing Ronda come down and work with Cris a little bit.

“These girls are both so young,” he continued. “Cris is 30, 31 years old. I don’t see her going anywhere for the next four or five years. A lot can happen in four or five years. If Ronda is a hungry fighter and still wants to prove to be the competitor and athlete that she is, she’s got plenty of time to come back and do that.”

“If we think about it, (Nunes) is only the second girl that [Ronda] has fought that could stand up on her feet. The first girl that could stand up and fight a little (Holm), took her title. The second girl that could stand up and fight a little bit exposed her. It bums me out. I feel bad for Ronda Rousey. I was cheering for Ronda Rousey in that fight. I wanted Cris to get that limelight, of course. Of course that’s what I preferred to see happen.”

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
UFC’s Raquel Pennington was one of Ronda Rousey’s sparring partners for UFC 207, but she is not allowed to talk about it.
“I can’t really talk about how sparring went or what we did,” Pennington told ESPN. “Ronda asked me to sign a non-disclosure agreement, so I did. All I can say is the fact I was able to put in work with her and that it was solid work. I can’t say too much more than that.”
Rousey went on to lose to UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Amanda Nunes by TKO in the first 48 seconds of their main event fight. Pennington hopes Rousey will decide to fight again in the UFC.
“I would hope she wouldn’t finish her career like that,” Pennington said. “Obviously, I’d say that about anybody. Any athlete, you wouldn’t want to see them go out like that. It’d be good to see her pick her head up and get in there and get another fight in.”
In 2016, Pennington became on of the top contenders in the UFC women’s bantamweight division. She is coming off a unanimous decision victory over former UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Miesha Tate at UFC 205 in November.
http://entimports.com/2017/01/penni...er-for-ufc-207-but-wont-discuss-it-heres-why/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Woodley vs Burns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel