"UFC 200: Tate vs. Nunes" Live Discussion *Spoilers* (1 Viewer)

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Some people just can't handle that Brock won. Would you be throwing a high volume of punches if you knew a gorilla was going to shoot on you the second he saw an opening?

I hear rumours that Tate took a dive too....
I heard a rumor that all fighters who lost at UFC 200 took a dive.

Eye swollen shut. Opponent took a dive. LULZ

m1ckey kn0x

deranged derelict
Site Donor
I'm not accusing.
I'm not even insinuating.
But what would you place the chances that Mark Hunt took a dive?
There's been rumors before........

I don't think he did, but that was a very lackluster performance. He really only threw 1 or 2 decent punches the whole fight.
Just for interesting conspiracy conversation alone, in the video above of Mark Hunt's reaction, he seems a bit weird with his answer and his body language. Before I read your comment, I was farfetched joking to myself that he seemed like a guy who didn't give it his all.

But by no means at all do I actually think that. Zero. Brock got his ass. But why didn't Mark go for broke in the moments that he could? Fear of the takedown I guess.

Now as for Brock, I really thought he would have submitted Hunt when on the ground. I figured he had been training jits enough all this time. I always wished he had the submissions to go with his brute force and top game. I really wanted to see a submission by him.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Hunt is slick enough on the ground that when Brock created space, he was able to work out of it and get up. Brock went for the arm triangle a few times, I think a kimura once. But My knock on Brock is that when he gets a takedown he goes in to rush mode, ala Cain fight where he tried passing straight in to full mount and Cain got up. It was his first fight in five years. He wanted to keep position, and do some damage and win the fight. At least IMO.

Amlap

Could have won state
You realize you just said theres no such thing and then went on to describe it right? Burying your face in your hands WOULD BE a double face palm.

The idiocy on this board is mind boggling sometimes.
Punctuation is your friend. Try it sometime, Professor Proper-English.

Stop bringing the idiocy, and it might not boggle your simple mind.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
UFC 200 salaries: Brock Lesnar's $2.5 million leads disclosed payroll of nearly $7 million
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/ufc-20...-leads-disclosed-payroll-of-nearly-7-million/

The most massive event in UFC history also had what is likely the most massive set of fighter payouts in UFC history.

A total of 14 of the 24 fighters on this past Saturday’s UFC 200 card took home disclosed six-figure salaries or more, and six took home at least a half-million.

MMAjunkie requested and today received the list of disclosed payouts from the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar earned the top disclosed payout with a whopping $2.5 million for his unanimous decision win over Mark Hunt in the co-main event. Hunt took home $700,000. Neither fighter was scheduled to get a win bonus.

In the main event, Amanda Nunes captured the women’s bantamweight title with a first-round submission of champ Miesha Tate. Tate made $500,000 in the loss, while Nunes cleared $100,000 for the upset. Like in the co-main, neither was contracted for a bonus with a win.

Daniel Cormier made $500,000 for his short-notice fight against Anderson Silva, who made $600,000 in the loss and would’ve pocketed another $200,000 had he upset the light heavyweight champ in the non-title fight. And by winning the interim featherweight title, Jose Aldo picked up $500,000 against Frankie Edgar, who made $190,000 for his five rounds of work, even though he came up short against aldo again. Former heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez got $300,000 for his first-round TKO of Travis Browne, who made $120,000.

The payroll for the five fights on the main card alone was $5.41 million – or nearly 80 percent of the total payroll for the entire card. On the preliminary card, four fighters made north of $100,000, including Sage Northcutt, who got $100,000 for his decision win over Enrique Marin, who made $13,000.

The total disclosed payroll for the event reached nearly $7 million at $6,979,000, believed to be the highest combined disclosed payday in UFC history.

UFC 200 took place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The main card aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.

The full list of UFC 200 payouts included:

Amanda Nunes: $100,000 (no win bonus)
def. Miesha Tate: $500,000

Brock Lesnar: $2,500,000 (no win bonus)
def. Mark Hunt: $700,000

Daniel Cormier: $500,000 (no win bonus)
def. Anderson Silva: $600,000

Jose Aldo: $500,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)
def. Frankie Edgar: $190,000

Cain Velasquez: $300,000 (no win bonus)
def. Travis Browne: $120,000

Julianna Pena: $64,000 (includes $32,000 win bonus)
def. Cat Zingano: $35,000

Kelvin Gastelum: $86,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus and $20,000 from Hendricks’ purse)
def. Johny Hendricks: $80,000 (Hendricks forfeited 20 percent of his original $100,000 show money to Gastelum for missing weight)

T.J. Dillashaw: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
def. Raphael Assuncao: $42,000

Sage Northcutt: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus)
def. Enrique Marin: $13,000

Joe Lauzon: $108,000 (includes $54,000 win bonus)
def. Diego Sanchez: $80,000

Gegard Mousasi: $110,000 (includes $35,000 win bonus)
def. Thiago “Marreta” Santos: $28,000

Jim Miller: $118,000 (includes $59,000 win bonus)
def. Takanori Gomi: $55,000

Now, the usual disclaimer: The figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, including the official UFC Athlete Outfitting sponsorship program pay. They also do not include any other “locker room” or special discretionary bonuses the UFC oftentimes pays. They also do not include pay-per-view cuts that some top-level fighters receive.

For example, as previously reported, UFC officials handed out additional $50,000 UFC 200 fight-night bonuses to Nunes, Velasquez, Lauzon and Mousasi (“Performance of the Night”).

In other words, the above figures are simply base salaries reported to the commission and do not reflect entire compensation packages for the event.
Yo...TJ should murder his manager. He made the 2nd lowest amount of anyone on the card if you break it down to show/win. 25k to show. Who is his manager? Nate Diaz's manager?

Amlap

Could have won state
UFC 200 salaries: Brock Lesnar's $2.5 million leads disclosed payroll of nearly $7 million
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/ufc-20...-leads-disclosed-payroll-of-nearly-7-million/

Yo...TJ should murder his manager. He made the 2nd lowest amount of anyone on the card if you break it down to show/win. 25k to show. Who is his manager? Nate Diaz's manager?
Isn't it Ludwig? I was under the impression he was the head trainer and business manager for the fighters on his team.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Isn't it Ludwig? I was under the impression he was the head trainer and business manager for the fighters on his team.
No clue how that is all working out.

He wasn't making a lot as a champion either. His last fight as champ against Cruz...

Main Card (FOX Sports 1)
Dominick Cruz ($55,000 + $55,000 = $110,000) def. T.J. Dillashaw ($70,000)

Does anyone know how it works? I know when you when a title you get a new contract, I guess when you lose the belt you get a new contract as well?

Amlap

Could have won state
No clue how that is all working out.

He wasn't making a lot as a champion either. His last fight as champ against Cruz...

Main Card (FOX Sports 1)
Dominick Cruz ($55,000 + $55,000 = $110,000) def. T.J. Dillashaw ($70,000)

Does anyone know how it works? I know when you when a title you get a new contract, I guess when you lose the belt you get a new contract as well?
That sounds like a TUF contract.

likebutta

Some people just can't handle that Brock won. Would you be throwing a high volume of punches if you knew a gorilla was going to shoot on you the second he saw an opening?

I hear rumours that Tate took a dive too....

Has been that way and always be that way. Brock could cut off all in limbs in succession to go to the lower weight classes and defeat all champions before reaching 125 and taking out Mighty Mouse with his neck, mouth and ear califlower all that remains. TKO by Bork Lazer Beams from the eyes. And they would still shit on him.

Derka derka.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Kelvin Gastelum: $86,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus and $20,000 from Hendricks’ purse)

If I was a welterweight, I would go out of my way to fight Hendricks. $20,000 extra for missing weight?

Amlap

Could have won state
Improper comma use after idiocy.
How so? It connects two independent clauses with a conjunction.

I'm also directing this towards the brilliant word-smith who believes it's just as proper to say I have two foots, as it is to say I have feet. He's irrelevant.

Sniggles

ex nihilo
How so? It connects two independent clauses with a conjunction.

I'm also directing this towards the brilliant word-smith who believes it's just as proper to say I have two foots, as it is to say I have feet. He's irrelevant.
Stop bringing the idiocy, and it might not boggle your simple mind.

Nazi a nazi. Seig hail!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Woodley vs Burns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel