Trump and Jesus

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I don’t think I would ever listen to what trump has to say about Jesus
Im a Christian and have read a few books on Christ. Trump is not Christlike. Like nothing about him. Blows my mind the evangelicals love him. I think they believe he is protecting their “rights.” I’d much rather have an atheist president then Trump. They would be much more “Christlike.”

Miz

I’m a recovering alcoholic so I try not to judge individuals. I’ve heard that when I see it (something annoying in people) then I got it. It is true for me that I see things in others and sometimes don’t see the splinter in my eye. That’s when I evaluate my character defects so that I can work on my short comings. I still need to be able to evaluate people’s moral character, so that I can see if they have things I want. That’s when I notice that I think Trump is morally bankrupt, and not someone to emulate. It’s really quite sad for our nation.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
In mindfulness there's an entire notion of being without judgement. It doesn't mean that you lose ambition, opinions, etc., because your core values remain (which are heavily opinion laden). So when you're meditating, you try and be as aware as possible, acknowledging without judging. It's highly recommended and more fun than debating connotation versus denotation of "judging."

Reactions: Miz

Miz

In mindfulness there's an entire notion of being without judgement. It doesn't mean that you lose ambition, opinions, etc., because your core values remain (which are heavily opinion laden). So when you're meditating, you try and be as aware as possible, acknowledging without judging. It's highly recommended and more fun than debating connotation versus denotation of "judging."
I’m not scared to go off topic: have you read the power of now by Tolle? It’s changed my life. Literally. He calls it no mind. I meditate and practice presence and watching the thinker daily.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I’m not scared to go off topic: have you read the power of now by Tolle? It’s changed my life. Literally. He calls it no mind. I meditate and practice presence and watching the thinker daily.
I haven't but it sounds like I should. Is the book instructive on how to do new/better ways to meditate?

Miz

I haven't but it sounds like I should. Is the book instructive on how to do new/better ways to meditate?
It’s got the dumbest smartest easiest tool to combat negative thinking and being present. You simply watch the thought. Like your in a room. You see the thought. You observe it. He says we are not our mind. We are who watches our mind. I don’t care if it’s hocus pocus. It’s changed my life.
He does have one cool meditation technique I remember and sometimes use. You breathe in and feel the energy run to your feet. Then breathe out and bring it back up. Then take it to your head and back. I like to feel the energy go between my hands when I open and close them:

Edit: I typically just focus on my breathe when I meditate, or recently that’s all I’ve been doing.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
judging people is one of my favorite things to do. I thought everybody did it.
Judging people is not the same as passing judgement. It's fine to have an opinion, a preference, a take on someone or something. Not as fine to indict people on preference and sentiment. Unless you're willing to have your shit laid bare.

And people might be incredulous and purport that they've nothing to hide or done nothing wrong. Until someone looks in their closest for 7 seconds. Then it's excuses galoooooore.

Bottom line is they didn't ruin it. You did. Because you, are they.

Don't judge people. They suck because we suck. Help people suck less or GTFO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?
If 2020 was a math problem: if you're going down river at 2MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom