The "What Game Are You Playing?" Thread

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I just unlocked the poison and rage darts. I'm convinced now that this is just Assassin's Creed: Japan, rebranded on the low. There's just no way a studio could literally knock off every thing about a game franchise and it be a coincidence. Even the raids on Mongol compounds are straight out of Wildlands, another UBISOFT title.

Doesn't change how I feel about the game though, unless it makes it better. I love the poison darts. I love the poison wind chimes too.

Clark Kent

I just picked up a Xbox one and 8 games for 150. I didn’t want any of the games, I just wanted to be able to play fable.
anyone played a game called control it’s supposed to be in the Alan wake series

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
I just picked up a Xbox one and 8 games for 150. I didn’t want any of the games, I just wanted to be able to play fable.
Control is an excellent game. You'll want the definitive edition for the Alan wake content. There are a few small hints in the core game but the real Alan wake stuff is in the dlc.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Buying used video game bundles is definitely the way to go. Sell all the shit you don't want to minimize the investment.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Just finished Act 2 and cleared out the middle third of the map on AC: Japan. The battle to close out Act 2 was impressive. I’m out of things to upgrade for the most part since I spent so much time doing side quests so Act 3 should only take a few days.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Spent most of my slow ass work day liberating the camps in the northern region and shit, I forgot the game got harder each act. I raided a fort and every Mongol except the archers had shields and every archer had poison arrows. It definitely makes you change how you approach the raid and brings a breath of fresh air to it. I’ll be glad when I’m done but I’m enjoying the game.

I did find another tactic they ripped off from another game, this one from Shadow of Mordor/War. You can terrify your enemy by being especially brutal to a higher ranking Mongol and some of his subordinates will fall on the ground, scream and run away, exactly like they do in the Shadow of Mordor games. Are none of these elements copyrighted? I swear, it’s like a carbon copy of tactics from different games. It’s a fun game but it’s funny they built this game by ripping off other games.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Jin seriously did a leap of faith in a cut scene after he snuck into Castle Shimura. Is this parody and I’m missing the joke? Lol. Really just ripping off sandbox games. Surprised you can’t steal horses and sleep with hookers at this point. Great game nonetheless.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Finished GOT last night. The save file said I had 70 hours in it but that number seems high. I'm wondering if time spent on pause counts towards your play time. Since I play it at work, it spent quite a bit of time on pause.

Overall, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It took me a while to get into it but once I did, I couldn't put it down. The observations I made in jest about it being a ripoff are honest observations. Sucker Punch literally ripped off at least 3 or 4 sandbox games but at least it was good. Not a lot to complain about. I wasn't a big fan of either one of the endings. Hopefully the sequel won't take 5 years to come to fruition.

Back to Red Dead 2.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Hooked the XBOXes back up and downloaded Red Dead 2. It took me about 15 minutes before I figured the controls out again, took some getting used to. Very strange jumping back into a game that I played so much of but never finished. Immediately after starting the game, ol' XBOX Cloud sync popped up and uploaded my last game save for me. I can't harp enough on how much I love that feature. I won't miss the manual uploads on PS4. I'm curious as to if the XBOX series X will also do it automatically and if the PS5 will adopt it.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I think if you could reduce the game's animations and turn off the story I'd go back to playing it. That game needs a dlc mod that follows a brand new character that gets to do whatever they want. I'd play that, but being locked into that story and not having agency to affect the outcome just leads me to put the controller down every time.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I think if you could reduce the game's animations and turn off the story I'd go back to playing it. That game needs a dlc mod that follows a brand new character that gets to do whatever they want. I'd play that, but being locked into that story and not having agency to affect the outcome just leads me to put the controller down every time.
I just want to finish it. It's rare for me to quit a game and never finish it. I have a handful of current gen titles I want to get through after this one. Next is Odyssey and I also have that Star Wars game with the ginger from Shameless in it. Never played a Star Wars game before but I heard this one was really good.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
You probably want to put Odyssey on the back burner and play something less open world. ACOy is VERY open world. And you definitely want to play as Kassandra. She's the superior voice actor.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
You probably want to put Odyssey on the back burner and play something less open world. ACOy is VERY open world. And you definitely want to play as Kassandra. She's the superior voice actor.
Open world games are my favorite and unlike Days Gone and GOT, I won’t be in a hurry to rush through it.

I had purchased two PS4 Pros with the sole intent of playing those two games plus the Last of Us II and wanted to finish them before the value of the PS4 dropped with the new consoles coming out. I've finished them now and unloaded the consoles so now I'm back to playing games at my own pace. I spend an average of 2 months on Assassin's Creed games. I finished Day's Gone in 2 weeks and GOT in less than 3.

Last edited:

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
The free multiplayer DLC for Ghost of Tsushima is really fun. It's better than pretty much any so-called live service game I've played in the last 5 years. It reminds me more of Left 4 Dead or the Warhammer rip off Vermintide. You can play narrated stories with another person, which are 3 chapter stories with different enemy types that present a puzzle-like challenge. And then there's a 4-player survival mode where you have to take a hold territories concurrently. So you have to divide your team if you want to manage it.

There are 4 classes: Samurai, Assassin, Hunter, and Ronin. Samurai is swordsy guy, Assassin is sneaky man, Hunter is bowie lady, and Ronin is the support class. He has a team rez. I'm playing Assassin but probably should have picked Ronin, I imagine he'll be the least played class and one of the more necessary ones given his ability to team rez.

Anyway it's pretty good. And it's free if you own the game. And it makes a mockery of games of like The Division, Anthem, Fallout 76, and The Avengers game. You don't just want to play the game for rewards, you want to play it because it's fun to play. Plus it's challenging. They don't just throw damage sponges at you. More powerful enemies have greater skills and abilities, don't get staggered, and require a focused approach to dispatch.

Pleasant surprise for sure.

ILJO

Site Donor
Rogue Company is a fun, free new multiplayer game. I'm enjoying it.

Third person shooter.

Last edited:

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
The free multiplayer DLC for Ghost of Tsushima is really fun. It's better than pretty much any so-called live service game I've played in the last 5 years. It reminds me more of Left 4 Dead or the Warhammer rip off Vermintide. You can play narrated stories with another person, which are 3 chapter stories with different enemy types that present a puzzle-like challenge. And then there's a 4-player survival mode where you have to take a hold territories concurrently. So you have to divide your team if you want to manage it.

There are 4 classes: Samurai, Assassin, Hunter, and Ronin. Samurai is swordsy guy, Assassin is sneaky man, Hunter is bowie lady, and Ronin is the support class. He has a team rez. I'm playing Assassin but probably should have picked Ronin, I imagine he'll be the least played class and one of the more necessary ones given his ability to team rez.

Anyway it's pretty good. And it's free if you own the game. And it makes a mockery of games of like The Division, Anthem, Fallout 76, and The Avengers game. You don't just want to play the game for rewards, you want to play it because it's fun to play. Plus it's challenging. They don't just throw damage sponges at you. More powerful enemies have greater skills and abilities, don't get staggered, and require a focused approach to dispatch.

Pleasant surprise for sure.
I thought about trying it but decided against it. Sold one of my copies of the game so far and have both consoles in my display case. Back to Red Dead 2, hoping I'm done with it soon. I picked up the Resident Evil 2 remake a while back, thinking about trying that out or I may jump right into Odyssey.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
The GoT DLC is probably the best thing I've played this year. It fixes a lot of what I didn't enjoy with the main game. It's not perfect but it's solid all-around. I would hope that if there's a sequel to Tsushima that they seriously consider classes or builds. It adds much more depth to the gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood,
Nobody knows that you've left for good.
You're in the army now.
foundstarr wrote on Ninjastix's profile.
playing anything fun?
Welcome to our fortress tall
Take some time to show you around
My small collection of whisk(e)y is now at twelve bottles. Not the worst problem to have. hehe
You might be a financial wizard
With a sack of loot
All I see is a slimy lizard
With an expensive suit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom