The "What Game Are You Playing?" Thread

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Control is an awesome in-game world. And a shit game at times. Like very shit. I should have done my research and used the assist options earlier. Now that I can bypass the "combat" and go straight to the story, it's a much better experience. I'm missed just how deep the lore runs in the first go round, the consistency between all the Remedy-verse games is pretty fantastic.

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
So he would just let the dude trying to fuck his girlfriend compete in a go cart race with his girlfriend? Girls love go cart champions. I learned that from little rascals.
That’s his girlfriend, but let’s be real: Peach is the princess of the goddamn kingdom and some working class Italian plumber isn’t going to tell her what she can or can’t do.

sourdough

Sourdough
Site Donor
That’s his girlfriend, but let’s be real: Peach is the princess of the goddamn kingdom and some working class Italian plumber isn’t going to tell her what she can or can’t do.
So you're saying the princess is in another castle is a euphemism?

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
So you're saying the princess is in another castle is a euphemism?
This small time peasant ass working class dummy can't get over that he has no business bangin' royalty, and no matter how painful it is, she's into the guy in charge of the OTHER kingdom. What's Mario got? A studio in Jersey?

sourdough

Sourdough
Site Donor
This small time peasant ass working class dummy can't get over that he has no business bangin' royalty, and no matter how painful it is, she's into the guy in charge of the OTHER kingdom. What's Mario got? A studio in Jersey?
Hes got the knowledge to fix a massive infrastructure problem. The pipe system in Peaches kingdom is the equivalent of the before car in Pimp My Ride.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Finally finished Control + the DLCs. For 20 bucks it was worth it but it has too many segments that are just not fun. The end mission to the main story is one of the worst I can recall. FarCry 5 is worse, but Control is on the same list. The Foundation DLC was excellent through and through, which made me hopeful for AWE but it regressed back to the main mission design. The encounters with The Third were frustrating and obnoxious as were the visually limiting elements. That kind of game design needs to die away.

Great world. Heavily lifted from the SCP Foundation and tied to Remedy's universe with Alan Wake being the central figure. It's an interesting concept but if the implication of AWE hold then that's a little disappointing for me. I enjoyed Jesse as a character and the characters of the FBC. I will miss staring at Courtney Hope's motion captured ass but she's not the best actress.

Looks like they're planning a Wake sequel but I'm far more interested in another Control game. There's more potential there to contextual all the super(para)natural aspects of their games.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I'm just playing Madden in any little free time I get lately. I bought the new Watch Dogs, Mortal Kombat 11 and a few other games about a month ago but I don't want to get sucked into a rabbit hole of time wasting on games right now. So I play a little Madden to ease my cravings and then continue being productive with work.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I like the character but the story was whack. The gameplay had some high highs but the exploration wasn't fun or exciting for me. I don't know.. moot for me since I can't land a ps5 but also want to wait for an improved version of it.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
I like the character but the story was whack. The gameplay had some high highs but the exploration wasn't fun or exciting for me. I don't know.. moot for me since I can't land a ps5 but also want to wait for an improved version of it.
Same on all accounts. I never could get far in the game. I tried. It's graphics after all.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Same on all accounts. I never could get far in the game. I tried. It's graphics after all.
The last sequence of missions are just terrible. If I recall correctly there are optional hunts for certain dinobot types, those the are the highlight of the game. It's a solid gameplay loop in substandard science fiction.

Like they had all the pieces but it's all out of sequence. Much of the mid section of the game, where many open games fall into a lull, is the best part. The beginning and ending parts are the problem areas.

Aloy is a very well written character however so as much as I rolled my eyes at the story, her character kept me going. Probably the #1 underrated character in the last decade. I preferred her writing to Kratos 2.0 and any Hollywood heroine.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I'll never play a FarCry game again after 5. Never, ever, ever ,ever, ever. I think I'm wholesale done with UbiSoft unless they do a new IP. Typically with new IPs they don't stuff in all their pay-to-play bullshit because of the lack of strength for title recognition.

I'm playing RE7 on Game Pass (non-VR) and it's first person movement is making me motion sick. I can't imagine what it's like in VR. I made sure I turned off camera acceleration and motion bobbing but I'm not sure Capcom I'm sold on first person Capcom games. It feels extremely odd.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I'm playing RE7 on Game Pass (non-VR) and it's first person movement is making me motion sick. I can't imagine what it's like in VR. I made sure I turned off camera acceleration and motion bobbing but I'm not sure Capcom I'm sold on first person Capcom games. It feels extremely odd.
Fucking exactly. I don't know why the fuck they had to ruin RE by putting it in first person. RE7 and RE8 look amazing but it's a non starter for me because of first person. I never played the Far Cry games for the same reason.

I can handle small amounts of Call of Duty but Far Cry 5 had me spinning in just 5 minutes.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I don't get motion sick with first person games but there's something about the way it's implemented in RE7 that is making me dizzy. To the degree that's it's difficult to enjoy the game or even pay attention to what's happening. I think it could be the FOV. For the garage sequence I completely missed what was happening because it felt like I couldn't see my surroundings.

I may just stop playing it as a result or scoop it up on PC where I can mod it.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I don't get motion sick with first person games but there's something about the way it's implemented in RE7 that is making me dizzy. To the degree that's it's difficult to enjoy the game or even pay attention to what's happening. I think it could be the FOV. For the garage sequence I completely missed what was happening because it felt like I couldn't see my surroundings.

I may just stop playing it as a result or scoop it up on PC where I can mod it.
I used to be able to play first person games for as long as I wanted but I just can't anymore. I can't even watch first person view GoPro videos or first person view games on YouTube. It makes my head hurt really bad. Even certain youtubers who spin their camera too much, I have to shut if off.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
I used to be able to play first person games for as long as I wanted but I just can't anymore. I can't even watch first person view GoPro videos or first person view games on YouTube. It makes my head hurt really bad. Even certain youtubers who spin their camera too much, I have to shut if off.
I can't have a super sensitive mouse/controller on FPS games. Or else my eyes hurt.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Been playing Biomutant. Not for everyone but I am really enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rammstein's "Deutschland" is the best music video ever.
Ya'll are so lucky today, you don't know how good you have it. I was born in 1932, we were so dumb, we listened to tap dancers on the radio.
Bandcamp is bad for my wallet.
The trick to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmcgregor
Top Bottom