The "What Game Are You Playing?" Thread

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I think Destiny is the best example of just how weak gamers are as a consumer group. Bungie actively took away content that was already bought and paid by gamers. Actively removed things they sold their playerbase and said "we can't bring you new content and maintain the old content". What they left out of that statement is that they can do that. But they can't do that and hit their profit goals.

But people still flock to the new Destiny 2 releases, still complain about the content, but still fucking play it and have now set a new standard. You can pay for content and the Dev can just sunset it because it's too costly to maintain. For them. With their revenue goals in mind.

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
Just wait until the "re-master" of Diablo 2 is released. When it is shit, people will act surprised.

They fucked Warcraft 3, one of the greatest games made. Diablo 2 is next to get rammed.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I never played any of the ancillary FF7 games. I'm not interested in FF7 Remake beyond the soundtrack at this point. I understand there's a whole surrounding fiction but that was born out of purely commercial interest and not a desire to expand upon the series.

I actively hated parts of FF7 Remake. I anticipated being disappointed but the ending made me hate the story. However.. the soundtrack is God tier.

I know the story. The characters died in 1997. The property solely exists to provide me with more music. I don't care what Nomura and his minions do in the Remake.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Bloodborne is for everyone. Who's Bloodborne for Gary?

Very unlikely Elden Ring will be for everyone. Sekiro was more niche than Dark Souls imo but nothing in the series was more niche than Demon's Souls.

I don't think Elden Ring will be the hardest game in the series when all is said in done. In a world of openness my guess is cheese will reign supreme. However it's one of the best series in gaming. It's like not being able to play an instrument and then you figure out a chord progression or two. After that you're hooked.

Just do it.

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
I think Destiny is the best example of just how weak gamers are as a consumer group. Bungie actively took away content that was already bought and paid by gamers. Actively removed things they sold their playerbase and said "we can't bring you new content and maintain the old content". What they left out of that statement is that they can do that. But they can't do that and hit their profit goals.

But people still flock to the new Destiny 2 releases, still complain about the content, but still fucking play it and have now set a new standard. You can pay for content and the Dev can just sunset it because it's too costly to maintain. For them. With their revenue goals in mind.
gammers at their core are cucks

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
My buddy tracked down a ps5 for me last week and I picked it up last night. First off, holy fuck this thing is huge. Just massive. Immediately bought Miles Morales. While I was waiting for that to download I messed around with Astro’s Playroom for a bit, which is surprisingly great. Really shows off what the new controller can do and it’s a real nostalgia trip for PlayStation fans. And Miles, at least so far, is really good. I’ll be putting the majority of my PS4 games on here in the coming weeks, we’ll see how that goes, but so far I’m pretty happy with it

nbm02ss

Sinking an absurd amount of hours into Loop Hero. Very fun and chill little game that's also super cheap.

Clark Kent

My buddy tracked down a ps5 for me last week and I picked it up last night. First off, holy fuck this thing is huge. Just massive. Immediately bought Miles Morales. While I was waiting for that to download I messed around with Astro’s Playroom for a bit, which is surprisingly great. Really shows off what the new controller can do and it’s a real nostalgia trip for PlayStation fans. And Miles, at least so far, is really good. I’ll be putting the majority of my PS4 games on here in the coming weeks, we’ll see how that goes, but so far I’m pretty happy with it
Use an external hard drive for ps4 games. The memory goes fast. They are suppose to release a patch that opens the memory more.

but yeah the system is fucking huge.

look at some of the options the ps5 has. The no spoiler feature is really cool.

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
Use an external hard drive for ps4 games. The memory goes fast. They are suppose to release a patch that opens the memory more.

but yeah the system is fucking huge.

look at some of the options the ps5 has. The no spoiler feature is really cool.
What's the no spoiler feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rammstein's "Deutschland" is the best music video ever.
Ya'll are so lucky today, you don't know how good you have it. I was born in 1932, we were so dumb, we listened to tap dancers on the radio.
Bandcamp is bad for my wallet.
The trick to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmcgregor
Top Bottom