The "What Game Are You Playing?" Thread

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Bran, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

In a perverted sort of way I respect Bethesda. They're legitimately abusing their fan base. It's like a pressure/stress test. Just how much can we get away with? And the beauty of it is if they do cross that consumer threshold of being too egregious.. they'll roll it back and sell you that as a package. They make the game experience as bad as possible to then roll it back and get aaaaaalllllllll the credit.

Like the shit Blizzard pulled. Diablo 4 is like 3 years away but they HAD to show something at Blizzcon.. and people suddenly forgot all about them bending over for the Chinese government. They forget all about how ridiculously fucked Hearthstone is as a pay-to-win model.

You couldn't pay me to play another Ubisoft, Bethesda, or Blizzard game. There's no reason for Diablo 4 to be always online other than constantly monitoring player habits. And speech. Cosmetic purchases in Diablo also make no fucking sense. The whole game is about ever-interchangeable loot.

Even though I didn't like Sekiro, I'm still ride or die with From Software. I can't wait for Elden Ring.

disposableassassin likes this.
  2. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Elden Ring looks awesome.

3. Ninjastix

I'm hoping your allowed to swap in and out limbs. I want 4 arms and two, two-handed swords.

Or 5 legs and 2 shields.

Dimson likes this.
  4. Dimson

One can only hope!

5. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

For me, Diablo 3 got boring really fast so I have just about zero interest in Diablo 4.

6. Ninjastix

I'm still playing Diablo 3. It launched as a disgrace to the franchise. But Loot 2.0 saved it, and it should be the standard for all loot based games. Reaper of Souls is hands down the best Diablo that's ever been. You can skip the Necromancer pack but RoS is the best of the genre. It's the only loot game that really made me feel like a god.

It's not on par with how mastering a From Soft game makes you feel but, Diabo 3 is one of my all-time favorites.

7. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

According to Forbes, don’t expect to see any Christmas discounts from Nintendo. As of now, they’re gonna be selling the same Mario Kart bundle as last year. Select retailers may give away gift cards if you buy one but no discounts from Nintendo.

Sony has a 1 TB slim for 199.99 that comes with 3 games.

Nothing firm from Microsoft has leaked yet outside of a Star Wars bundle for 199.99 but they’re usually more aggressive than both Nintendo and Sony.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 13, 2019, ---
    I finished Modern Warfare yesterday and don’t want to buy any deep games right now because in 2 weeks, they’ll all be heavily discounted. Right now, there’s next to nothing on sale. I picked up Hitman 2 from Best Buy and price matched amazon to get it for $18. What sucks is it doesn’t include the expansion pack which is $40 so here’s to hoping that drops to a sale price before I’m done with the game.

I always stack up on games during Black Friday and Microsoft’s store usually has killer deals. Looking to get Red Dead II, AC Odyssey, Ghost Recon Breaking Point and Madden 20.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 13, 2019, ---
    One of my customers sold me the Gears of War 5 edition Xbox one X console so I’m keeping that and selling my Gold Rush (Battlefield V edition) Xbox one X console for $300 plus shipping. No game included. I also have the Gears of War 1-5 Ultimate Edition download card I’m selling for $50.

8. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

I knew Nintendo wouldn't do shit. Also, nobody buy that bundle! It is the old model of the switch with half the battery life and the overheating issues. They aren't even bundling the new model!

Dimson likes this.
  9. Ninjastix

Word of caution about Red Dead II. It's not Read Dead I. If you're looking for that experience, you aren't going to get it. Red Dead II is extremely slow. Everything is animated. The realism is probably the highest in all of gaming but that doesn't equal "fun" necessarily. The game is more a technical marvel, that even half the shit works is pretty amazing, but in terms of enjoying the game?

I hope you have a lot of time and a lot of patience. I gave up at the 60% mark. I was done. It's like going to school for English studies, Literature, History, and then having to take an advanced Calculus class. You gotta switch brain over to math-mode. Red Dead II you have to enjoy all the little minutia. Otherwise it's a waste of money.

Breaking Point is also a giant pile of shit. I know you liked the previous title Coy but the new one abandoned everything everyone liked about the prior one for a brain dead, no AI, solo 3rd person shooter.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  10. FrankieButNotEdgar

I played Red Dead when it first came out all those years ago so I don't remember much of anything about it. Hopefully, that will give me zero expectations heading into this one. It being slow gives me pause being that I have less time to game than I used to and my patience being at an all time low level. Alas, this is why I wait until games are dirt cheap. I didn't pay for Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Game Pass title) or Modern Warfare (bought it used and then returned it when I was done with it).

I don't mind it being a solo third person shooter. I don't play with anyone else anyway. You couldn't pay me to jump online with other people. (I'm lying, you COULD pay me).

I hope I like it. I loved Wildlands. As long as the graphics are there and the stealth based mission objectives are there, and it's not buggy as shit, I'm good.

Currently at work watching Shameless waiting the requisite hours long downloads and updates for Hitman 2 to get ready so I can jump in.

11. disposableassassin

Red dead 2 us a tedious wild west simulator. Their are countless systems and meters to manage. Personally I loved the intense hyper realism and i played 100% of it in first person for the immersion. Most everyone I know though hates things like the horses and have to pet, feed, brush, calm down, and constantly press buttons to keep moving. I loved it but given what I know of your taste in video games just proceed with caution.

It is the most gorgeous game available though.

12. FrankieButNotEdgar

I can't imagine playing an open world game in first person. I desperately want to play Far Cry 5 but 5 minutes in first person gave me a terrible headache.

13. disposableassassin

I find it hard to aim in third person because the character blocks part of the screen. I just want to look staring down the iron sights, not over someone's shoulder.

Non shooter third person games are great though. I fucking love the God of War series.

14. FrankieButNotEdgar

Im a firm believer that the developer should give the player a choice. It can’t be that hard to add an option to play from either perspective.

15. Dimson

Thre horse part is what drove me nuts the most. I hated having to press thr button to move. I guess it didn't help I just finished AC: Odyssey right before I played it.

16. Ninjastix

You really need to watch a review on Breakpoint. It's a joke of a game. It's not just bad, it's broken and offensively dull. And it's not just one reviewer, it's multiple outlets.

I also don't recall who asked about the Outer Worlds? I got about 60-70% in and stopped. I got ridiculously overpowered early, pretty much by accident and I just stopped enjoying the gameplay, the limited customization, and the characters. I was hoping Obsidian advanced the Fallout formula of 3 and NV but the deeper you get the more it's the same shit. I wasn't blown away by any of the writing, any of the humor, any of the space references, the overall story, or the relationships/companions.

It's all very dull and I could one-shot any enemy. The art style always just wore on me. The mix of Fallout and Bioshock was making me motion sick. It's not a bad game but after awhile it was too stale. The writing is overrated. Better than Bethesda but Twilight is better than Bethesda so it's not a measuring stick.

(edit)

Here was my favorite of the Breakpoint reviews:

17. disposableassassin

Red dead accomplished it phenomenally but adversely the shoehorned first person in GTA V that they added in later is no good. Alot of missions are near impossible in first person. So I think it is something that has to be done during initial production.

Yep and given that coy loved that game I'm afraid he will have the same issues.

18. FrankieButNotEdgar

I haven’t played AC Odyssey yet.

19. disposableassassin

Oh shit. My bad for some reason I thought you had.

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  20. FrankieButNotEdgar

I played the first mission of Hitman and immediately remembered why I love this series so much.