The TRT Era

Ct_L33T

Does anyone else miss the Testosterone Replacement Therapy Era? Say what you will, but that 3-5 year stretch provided some great entertainment. Similar to the Steroid era in Baseball.

Here is a short article from 2014 with a list of fighters who received TRT exemptions. I think this is undervalued.

Dan Henderson
Todd Duffee
Chael Sonnen
Shane Roller
Nate Marquardt
Vitor Belfort
Frank Mir
Forrest Griffen
Quinton Jackson
Ben Rothwell
Antonio Silvia

Ct_L33T

Old ongoing forum joke. Either here or at news, can’t remember.
I was at news, but Frank Trigg was an old timer by the time I was posting. Around 2009 I think

Didn't the TRT Era bring us the epic Dan Henderson Vs Bisping knockout?

thumper

Staff member
I was at news, but Frank Trigg was an old timer by the time I was posting. Around 2009 I think

Didn't the TRT Era bring us the epic Dan Henderson Vs Bisping knockout?
between hendo's trt, belfort and especially johnny hendricks, while it was fun to watch it was massively unfair to the talented fighters that didn't use it.

But I do remember trigg actively fighting when I was at news. I joined there in 2005 i think and he was way active in 08 and 09 i think

Malevolence

Mostly harmless
Survival Pool Champion
between hendo's trt, belfort and especially johnny hendricks, while it was fun to watch it was massively unfair to the talented fighters that didn't use it.

But I do remember trigg actively fighting when I was at news. I joined there in 2005 i think and he was way active in 08 and 09 i think
Not to derail this thread but my favorite Triggism was during his pre fight interview against Matt Hughes (the 1st time) where he said “Matt might be benching more than me & squatting more than me but inside that cage I’m the stronger man, when it comes to moving someone around the cage I’m the stronger man”, several minutes later he got scooped, run across the cage, power slammed & strangled....all while being the stronger man. Praise Allah for Kurt Angles cousin.

thumper

Staff member
Not to derail this thread but my favorite Triggism was during his pre fight interview against Matt Hughes (the 1st time) where he said “Matt might be benching more than me & squatting more than me but inside that cage I’m the stronger man, when it comes to moving someone around the cage I’m the stronger man”, several minutes later he got scooped, run across the cage, power slammed & strangled....all while being the stronger man. Praise Allah for Kurt Angles cousin.
hahah that's awesome!~

Bran

The wolf dead.
Trigg's no joke. Bruce Buffer barely choked him unconscious in an elevator.

ILJO

Site Donor
Does anyone else miss the Testosterone Replacement Therapy Era? Say what you will, but that 3-5 year stretch provided some great entertainment. Similar to the Steroid era in Baseball.

Here is a short article from 2014 with a list of fighters who received TRT exemptions. I think this is undervalued.

Dan Henderson
Todd Duffee
Chael Sonnen
Shane Roller
Nate Marquardt
Vitor Belfort
Frank Mir
Forrest Griffen
Quinton Jackson
Ben Rothwell
Antonio Silvia
I'm all for letting fighters/athletes do all the steroids they want, but like thumper said, it wasn't really fair so it had to go, for sure.

Either let them all take the steroids and have it be their choice if they want to be clean and compete against dirty competition, or don't let any of them do it at all.

When you're talking about fighting, letting some people dope/juice under the guise of medical exemption is a huuuuuuge risk/liability. You're talking about a sport/profession where brain trauma is a serious issue.

That shit was not cool.

Say what you will about Mark Hunt, but I was in support of him going after the UFC and Brock Lesnar for that shit they pulled letting him compete dirty. People can get seriously hurt, or worse. Lives and futures (with cte) are potentially at risk.

Last edited:

Noise

Ruido
Either let them all take the steroids and have it be their choice if they want to be clean and compete against dirty competition, or don't let any of them do it at all.
This about sums up how I feel about it – there's a real, sincere case for the former. I wish I had the time to delve even further into it and really cement my opinion on it, but one thing that shouldn't stand is turning a blind eye when it's the latter.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider

That doesn't sound unfair. Fighters can either choose to take TRT, or fight clean against a guy they know is on TRT, no?
Post automatically merged:

Also, is Johnny Hendricks the only fighter in MMA history to pop for steroids via fandom's unwillingness to admit that they just over-hyped the fuck out of him?

Last edited:

Ct_L33T

That doesn't sound unfair. Fighters can either choose to take TRT, or fight clean against a guy they know is on TRT, no?
Post automatically merged:

Also, is Johnny Hendricks the only fighter in MMA history to pop for steroids via fandom's unwillingness to admit that they just over-hyped the fuck out of him?
He beat GSP imo

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
He beat GSP imo
I think so too, but then got a million concussions from Robbie Lawler, moved up to MW and got his head uncorked by Stephen Thompson, and had a string of bad weight cuts by the time he turned 35. He might have been on steroids too, but that fall was coming either way.

Malevolence

Mostly harmless
Survival Pool Champion
Put an asterisk next to Forrest please. I believe he's the only fighter there with 1 testicle.
Chael has one withered one, apparently (never descended), that was his reason/excuse for getting on that TRT juice.
What happened to Forrests nut? As a lone stone myself I’m always intrigued by stories of testicular misplacement.

As a side point, I’ve enquired about TRT several times since being reduced to 1 gonad 7 years ago & my testosterone levels are perfectly normal, I think It’s highly likely that guys at that age with low natural testosterone levels have gotten that from abusing synthetic testosterone, regards of whether they have 1 testicle or many.

Last edited:

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Chael has one withered one, apparently (never descended), that was his reason/excuse for getting on that TRT juice.
What happened to Forrests nut? As a lone stone myself I’m always intrigued by stories of testicular misplacement
Born without or lost it?

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
What happened to Forrests nut? As a lone stone myself I’m always intrigued by stories of testicular misplacement.

As a side point, I’ve enquired about TRT several times since being reduced to 1 gonad 7 years ago & my testosterone levels are perfectly normal, I think It’s highly likely that guys at that age with low natural testosterone levels have gotten that from abusing synthetic testosterone, regards of whether they have 1 testicle or many.
Forest was an emo kid in teens and would lock himself in his room doing push-ups and bench presses. During one of these sessions one of his testicles unraveled. I think he was 15/16 at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where you stand, but with neutrals? Who knows.

It sickens me.
My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wearelivingart@protonmail
Top Bottom