The Trans Discussion (1 Viewer)

Trodden

A terrible human being
Asking for respect is fine. Using the force of law to demand my respect is not.
that would suggest there are laws that could be used against you 'demanding respect'

those laws dont exist

there is no law saying you have to be nice to anyone

the only 'laws' out there have to do with employers

this is America, you dont have to respect anything

unforgivn

Nunquam Fidelis
that would suggest there are laws that could be used against you 'demanding respect'

those laws dont exist

there is no law saying you have to be nice to anyone

the only 'laws' out there have to do with employers

this is America, you dont have to respect anything
I understand, but such laws are already being passed in Canada, and people are genuinely pushing for them here. I don't think they'll ultimately be successful, but only because I think people will get pissed enough to stop them before it starts.
[DOUBLEPOST=1516828587,1516827331][/DOUBLEPOST]New York City, for example, already has ordinances in place that require landlords and employers to refer to people using their desired pronouns (including made up ones) or risk fines potentially as high as $250k.

Trodden

A terrible human being
but such laws are already being passed in Canada

[DOUBLEPOST=1516828881,1516828704][/DOUBLEPOST]
already has ordinances in place that require landlords and employers
yeah, those are so they cant be unfairly disqualified from jobs or homes because they are trans

because those people are supposed to treat everyone equally based on qualifications, not qualifiers

but that still doesnt mean anything to the average person

if someone shouldnt be disqualified from a job or place to live based on religion, political affiliation, skin color, age, etc, why should them being trans matter or not?

unforgivn

Nunquam Fidelis
yeah, those are so they cant be unfairly disqualified from jobs or homes because they are trans

because those people are supposed to treat everyone equally based on qualifications, not qualifiers

but that still doesnt mean anything to the average person

if someone shouldnt be disqualified from a job or place to live based on religion, political affiliation, skin color, age, etc, why should them being trans matter or not?
You didn't read my post if you think that law was about disqualifying people from jobs or whatnot.

unforgivn

Nunquam Fidelis
I didnt say 'that law'

I was referring to laws protecting the lgbtqwerty people
I don't think anyone here has objected to those sorts of laws. Everyone deserves equal protection, and I don't know of anyone here who wants trans folks to be denied housing or gainful employment because of their identity.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I offer my services!

We had a person who identified as a girl in my daughters soccer league. They are young, so I’m not concerned, but I’m not sold on it for middle school or high school. Especially for a sport like wrestling. I tape college sports for a school. I was taping soccer and you have to be ready for the change in speed and the trajectory of the ball form the woman’s to the men’s game. There is a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

UFC 251 Usman vs Burns

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

So, who is going to vote for Kanye? :>
Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subtleties