The Totally Useless Thread II

thumper

Staff member
you can't delete your own threads. only an admin can I think you can delete the initial post but the thread remains.

I could be wrong though.

jokerthief

No reason to get excited.
Site Donor
you can't delete your own threads. only an admin can I think you can delete the initial post but the thread remains.

I could be wrong though.
I'm pretty sure you're right. I just tried to delete one of my threads and there was no option to do so.

This is disconcerting. Could it be a hack?

thumper

Staff member
The mod log shows I deleted it but I don't get it. I was LOOKING for it because i come back to see it like I said.

This is not right. why the hell would I delete it yesterday then come back today asking for it?

I have backups from every day for the last 9 years. i'll figure it out. I have a backup from yesterday morning a few hours before it shows deleted. it'l be a chore to do this. but keep posting here and when i get it back i'll merge these posts
[DOUBLEPOST=1492220635,1492219508][/DOUBLEPOST]Fuck I think I know what happened

When you're looking at the forum as an admin, you can tic boxes for mulitple threaads. then use the action to delete threads. I did this yesterday because I made a thread i didn't like and wanted to delete it.

I bet MONEY what i did was accidentally checked the useless thread as well and deleted both.

i have backups. but this is going to take some time. so hang in there with me, I'll get it. if I can find a way to move this entire forum to vbulletin's disastrous new version, then figure out how to migrate it to this I can find a way to recover one thread.

MBC

The mod log shows I deleted it but I don't get it. I was LOOKING for it because i come back to see it like I said.

This is not right. why the hell would I delete it yesterday then come back today asking for it?

I have backups from every day for the last 9 years. i'll figure it out. I have a backup from yesterday morning a few hours before it shows deleted. it'l be a chore to do this. but keep posting here and when i get it back i'll merge these posts
[DOUBLEPOST=1492220635,1492219508][/DOUBLEPOST]Fuck I think I know what happened

When you're looking at the forum as an admin, you can tic boxes for mulitple threaads. then use the action to delete threads. I did this yesterday because I made a thread i didn't like and wanted to delete it.

I bet MONEY what i did was accidentally checked the useless thread as well and deleted both.

i have backups. but this is going to take some time. so hang in there with me, I'll get it. if I can find a way to move this entire forum to vbulletin's disastrous new version, then figure out how to migrate it to this I can find a way to recover one thread.
You better figure it out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where you stand, but with neutrals? Who knows.

It sickens me.
My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShakFu
Top Bottom