The NBA 2019-2020 Season Thread

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
Scott Foster was in his bag tonight. Doesn’t really matter, though. Lakers aren’t losing the rest of these playoffs.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I think you solve the issue by renaming the award to "best offensive player". You already have the defensive player of the year award, it only makes sense to have the best offensive player trophy as well.

The MVP should be a post-season award eligible to player and coach voting ONLY. And simply defined as the best player in the league for that entire year, season and post-season.

It would solve all these controversies

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
Hell of an ending.
People have been cut for less than what Plumlee did on that last play.

EDIT: Actually that might Grant’s blunder, because Plumlee appears to communicate the switch even before the ball is whistled live. Bad time for a defensive breakdown considering how good they were on that end down the stretch. Murray and Milsap have to come up with that board.

Last edited:

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
People have been cut for less than what Plumlee did on that last play.

EDIT: Actually that might Grant’s blunder, because Plumlee appears to communicate the switch even before the ball is whistled live. Bad time for a defensive breakdown considering how good they were on that end down the stretch. Murray and Milsap have to come up with that board.
Grant didn't see AD make the move. Denver is on "switch everything" but that's is a BAD read by Plumlee. This is poor planning by the coaches ultimately. They schemed from LeBron at the basket discounting that AD had been torching them all quarter long from the perimeter.

It's a big time shot by AD. It's a bad read by Plumlee, you have to know when to break the scheme (switch everything).

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
Grant didn't see AD make the move. Denver is on "switch everything" but that's is a BAD read by Plumlee. This is poor planning by the coaches ultimately. They schemed from LeBron at the basket discounting that AD had been torching them all quarter long from the perimeter.

It's a big time shot by AD. It's a bad read by Plumlee, you have to know when to break the scheme (switch everything).
The stupid part is that Plumlee is assuming it’s an automatic switch, but he a.) never gets screened in the first place and there isn’t any interchange between LeBron and AD, and b.) wasn’t in position to prevent LeBron from catching and going right to the rim for an uncontested layup had Grant actually switched onto AD. Just piss poor execution on multiple levels by the “defensive replacement” in that situation.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I don't understand why Plumlee was out there, because if it was for lob protection he was out on the perimeter, not anchored in the paint. I think Malone assumed the play was going to be for LeBron because that's who Plumlee ran too while LeBron didn't move. He literally held position the entire play and Davis rotated like a open 2-guard with only contest coming off of Jokic's recognition. Denver is just a poor defensive team but I fault Malone for that final sequence.

Lost in all that is going to be the tip-in by Jokic. That was an incredible tip in.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
I don't understand why Plumlee was out there, because if it was for lob protection he was out on the perimeter, not anchored in the paint. I think Malone assumed the play was going to be for LeBron because that's who Plumlee ran too while LeBron didn't move. He literally held position the entire play and Davis rotated like a open 2-guard with only contest coming off of Jokic's recognition. Denver is just a poor defensive team but I fault Malone for that final sequence.

Lost in all that is going to be the tip-in by Jokic. That was an incredible tip in.
Jokic was incredible down the stretch — the one-handed dime to Murray out of the double team, the 3 over AD and the old school back down on AD, and the tip-in over LeBron were all big-time plays.

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
Good run for the Lakers in the fourth, Nuggets were the better team.

Davis with two rebounds. Unacceptable.

Murray hitting two huge three pointers to close out that game, my word. Kid has been incredible these playoffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Somedays all of the beautiful things in my life break my heart.
I'll sleep when I wake up.
LebenTysonTank wrote on Miz's profile.
Any idea how I can upload an mp4 video? I recently knocked out this 250 pound face tattooed mexican gangbanger in front of my house,and one of the neighbors recorded it.
"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom