The NBA 2019-2020 Season Thread (6 Viewers)

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Even before tonight, I see the East matchups thusly:

Boston matches up better against Toronto
Toronto matches up better against Milwaukee
Milwaukee matches up better against Boston

It's a crazy dynamic.

Houston isn't made for the playoffs, they're built for the regular season. They just don't have the defense or anything constituting an offensive plan B to lean on. They have 0 rebounding and all their chips are in on Harden who has yet to dominate a post season.

I have to see it to believe it. I think 1-3 in the East would rinse Houston.

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
Even before tonight, I see the East matchups thusly:

Boston matches up better against Toronto
Toronto matches up better against Milwaukee
Milwaukee matches up better against Boston

It's a crazy dynamic.

Houston isn't made for the playoffs, they're built for the regular season. They just don't have the defense or anything constituting an offensive plan B to lean on. They have 0 rebounding and all their chips are in on Harden who has yet to dominate a post season.

I have to see it to believe it. I think 1-3 in the East would rinse Houston.
Aye the dynamic amongst those three is reminiscent of the early 90's Western Conference.

I agree with you about Houston, that the Bucks/Raps/Celts all would beat them in a best of seven.
Post automatically merged:

I feel like all three of those teams are better coached, plus they have a lot more diversity with their offensive schemes and they are teams that can be relied upon to get stops consistently.

Last edited:

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
Rough game for the Blazers, Lillard missing those two free throws. Who would've thought?

No Kawhi, Harrell, Pat Bev & Noah for the Clippers but they come out with the win.

Luka with a between the legs pass in crunch time. Boy has balls.

If Dallas are smart, they are a legit contender in the next couple of seasons and that lasts a decade or more.

I think with Luka's play style, unless he is very unlucky, he should be good in terms of physical health. Doesn't seem to go for too much crazy aerial acrobatics, stays relatively grounded when out there.
Or maybe he is and I just don't watch enough Dallas games lol

@Poindexter @Ninjastix thoughts?

It's like the opposite for Zion. He is so athletic and big, that all that aerial activity and force when landing will surely shorten his career unfortunately.

Last edited:

split2874

Relax
Yall are completely wrong about Zion....ok maybe I am in denial 🙃

I really hope for Zion that is not the case. I do think Luka has a chance to a very special long term player.

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
Yall are completely wrong about Zion....ok maybe I am in denial 🙃

I really hope for Zion that is not the case. I do think Luka has a chance to a very special long term player.
I 100% hope for Zion that it isn't the case.

He probably needs to do what Barkley did in the 80's (with the late, great Moses' help) where he dropped 10lbs consistently until he found the sweet spot where he could play at an elite level, but didn't lose his strength/power.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Luka is built for the modern NBA in terms of his playstyle. I think he can get to another level in terms of his conditioning, but generally guys who don't play above the rim enjoy longer careers. Luka is in that category of Lou Williams, Jamal Crawford, Andre Miller, Jason Kidd, or Joe Johnson. They play in their pocket, use the dribble to establish their rhythm, and because of their shot making and ball handling ability, they can go inside out.

That was less true for Kidd and Miller but that's who Luka reminds me of the most. If he goes to that next level with his conditioning I think he could be an MVP in 2-3 years.

I have concerns about Zion until he learns to play judiciously. Remember Blake Griffin? It's the same thing all over again. Blake had early career knee injuries and 0 in-between game for his first couple of years. Then he blossomed into an athletic but well-rounded basketball player. However those earlier injuries caught up.

Poindexter

Staff member
@Poindexter @Ninjastix thoughts?
I haven't watched enough Dallas games either, but I agree with the consensus that Luka will be a contender for the foreseeable future. On the opposite end, Zion's immediate injuries do not bode well for the trajectory of his career.

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
Man, Suns are on fire.
Aye they're doing oddly well in this bubble, but man do I hope they don't make the playoffs.

I'd much rather see Portland in the eight seed, because I think that would be a better series in the first round than Phoenix, the Spurs or Memphis.

As much as I sort of want to see the Spurs get it, just to keep their playoff run goin', I don't think a series between Spurs and Lakers being that great to watch honestly. Spurs might win a single game.

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
Whatever happens this season, Dame is top 5 in the league and one the realest dudes period.
Top 5 as a "real dude," sure.

Portland into that eighth seed, though Phoenix are 0.5 games behind.

Seems like the last game is a must win for both teams, gonna be rough for the Suns. To win all bubble seed games and not make the playoffs.

Though, that's what happens when you're shit most of the year. It isn't the fault of the bubble, but in your play throughout the regular season.

So, here's a question for my fellow NBA fans:
If Booker is an UFA, which team do you think best needs/suits him?

Last edited:

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Booker is under contract through 2023-24 season. He also seems to want to be the foundation piece for his own team rather than team up.

If he was a UFA though I think he fits into a team/ball sharing offense system. Or a "by committee" team. I think Miami would be the best destination for him. Milwaukee would be interesting but Middleton would have to go. Not sure Toronto would work because I don't see him getting ample touches with Siakam.

Minnesota might be interesting if they had a coach. Russell, KAT, and Booker would be tremendous core of on-the-cusp talent. They'd need a coach that could actually inspire them to commit to defense though.

Personally I like Miami. Grind culture. Perpetual underdogs. Professionally run with no-ego basketball. And a culture of winning.

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
Booker is under contract through 2023-24 season. He also seems to want to be the foundation piece for his own team rather than team up.

If he was a UFA though I think he fits into a team/ball sharing offense system. Or a "by committee" team. I think Miami would be the best destination for him. Milwaukee would be interesting but Middleton would have to go. Not sure Toronto would work because I don't see him getting ample touches with Siakam.

Minnesota might be interesting if they had a coach. Russell, KAT, and Booker would be tremendous core of on-the-cusp talent. They'd need a coach that could actually inspire them to commit to defense though.

Personally I like Miami. Grind culture. Perpetual underdogs. Professionally run with no-ego basketball. And a culture of winning.
I didn't check what his contract is like, so was just more of a hypothetical.

I feel like Minnesota would be pretty bad, I have zero faith in KAT & Russell, adding in Booker just makes that even worse imo.

Miami would be interesting, he'd certainly be the main offensive option. I like Butler, but he isn't a main guy on a title winner.

So yeah I like the Miami call.

If Philly gave up on Embiid & Simmons and kept Simmons, I think that is a decent spot for him.

Though I think Philly needs to get a new coach before giving up on that combo, there just feels like more should be possible.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
My wish list for Pelicans off season

1. Fire Gentry
2. Fire Gentry
3. Fire Gentry
I've never been big on Gentry but he hasn't really had stable teams. They dropped in Cousins when he had AD - and NO ONE ELSE - and he sort of made it work till Cousins got hurt. That season was also the best I've seen AD play.

Then he get a haul in all the young talent, likely has the most improved player in Brandon Ingram, and has yet to have a healthy Zion for more than a game or two.

I don't think he's going to be fired. I think he'll get the opportunity to try and start a season with a healthy squad and push an up-tempo offense. Personally I don't think coaches who can't get teams to play defense should be employed. I don't care what age, gender, race you are, or what background you come from, a head coach of a NBA should be able to get a squad to defend before anything else.

And the Pelicans can't play defense for shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?
If 2020 was a math problem: if you're going down river at 2MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom