The NBA 2019-2020 Season Thread

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Horrible news for Nurkic.

TJ Warren has 50 fucking points! TJ Warren!
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

split2874

Relax
Did I miss the memo on TJ Warren. 50+ and 30+ in back to back games

Pelicans win!!! Only 2 games back. Need to take care of business and not count on any of the other teams.

Poindexter

Staff member
I looks like a likely play-in tournament in the West, but not the East, right? That should be fun.

Good game from the brow.

Last edited:

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Lakers better hope they sort out their backcourt issues. If they have to play Portland in round 1 I absolutely think they can be upset by the Blazers. I have 0 confidence in KCP, Dion Waiters, and JR Smith. Vogel better figure out that rotation, maybe get more time to Quinn Cook...

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
If Portland makes 8th, and remains healthy, I think they take the Lakers.
It's certainly a possibility, the guard play is unevenly skewed towards Portland.

The two best players in that series reside with the Lakers, but it's a matchup that the Lakers will hate.

I have 0 confidence in KCP, Dion Waiters, and JR Smith.
I think most teams feel the same way, which is why they were available.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
The Clippers, The Bucks, The Celtics, The Raptors, and Blazers are the best looking teams I've seen thus far.

I think the Lakers, the 76ers, and Rockets are fake news. I think Denver dealing with the amount of injuries they have is going to be their undoing. Dallas doesn't play defense so I don't consider them a threat to anyone, especially not to the Clippers.

Without depth, defense, and an offensive identity you're not winning. The teams excelling right now have at the bare minimum an identity. As much as I dislike the Rockets they a defined identity and roles. But the defense of teams like the Clippers, Bucks, and Raptors are going to be the deciding factor in close games. What sets you over the bar is depth. Really only the Clippers and a very, very healthy Denver team have depth. Denver doesn't have the experience and they lack mental toughness.

I think my favorites to win would be:

1) Clippers
2) Raptors
3) Bucks

I think the Clippers match up better with the Bucks than the Raptors.

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
I wouldn't trust the 76ers as far as I could throw them, with the talent on that roster they should be a legitimate threat.

It's similar to how I feel about Houston. They have the personnel to have a run, I just feel that their playstyle is not one that will be condusive to winning championships. Plus Harden is my least favourite player, so boooooo! Down with the Rockets!

If they playoffs began with Portland as the 8 seed, then the Lakers would [potentially] have two quite dangerous round matchups prior to the WCF.
Portland in the first, which has the potential for the upset and then a potential matchup with the Thunder in the second round. Assuming the Thunder beat the Jazz, which I believe they will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?
If 2020 was a math problem: if you're going down river at 2MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom