The "Guess Who Pissed Hot?" Thread (1 Viewer)

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
UFC's David Branch receives two-year suspension from USADA

Now we know why David Branch didn’t compete at UFC on ESPN+ 16 as originally planned.

On Wednesday, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency announced that Branch, 37, has been suspended two years after failing an out-of-competition drug test. Branch tested positive for the banned substance ipamorelin, which stimulates HGH production.

Branch’s ban is retroactive to the date of his provisional suspension, making him ineligible to return until July 26, 2021.

Branch had been booked to fight Andrew Sanchez at last Saturday’s UFC on ESPN+ 16 card in Vancouver, but it was revealed on Aug. 1 that he wouldn’t compete. No reason for his withdrawal was given at that time.

After much success fighting under the WSOF banner, where he went 10-0 and won the promotion’s middleweight title, Branch’s UFC tenure has been rocky since joining the promotion in May 2017. He’s 2-3, with all of his losses coming via stoppage.

Branch currently is on a two-fight skid, losing by TKO and submission, respectively, to Jared Cannonier and Jack Hermansson.

Stanozolol metabolites.... isnt that what Cyborg got popped with the first time?
Cyborg failed for the banned agent Winstrol, a steroid designed to help athletes lose weight while retaining lean mass and strength. She was stripped of her title and suspended 1 year. She claims this was found in a dietary supplement she was taking.

Sarah Frota will continue fighting despite two-year USADA suspension

Sarah Frota was hit with a two-year suspension from the United States Anti-Doping Agency after testing positive for steroids. But she won’t sit out during that suspension.

Frota was released by the UFC after losing two octagon bouts and failing a drug test for stanozolol metabolites – 16α-hydroxystanozolol, 3’,16-dihydroxystanozolol and 4β,16-dihydroxystanozolol – on July 27, the day she lost to Gillian Robertson at UFC 240.

Frota told MMA Fighting she can’t afford to be sidelined for 24 months without making money through fighting.

“I have to work and pay my bills,” she said. “I’m staying away from the spotlight now because the public pressure is huge, and I’m training to come back to fighting for other promotions as quick as possible. The UFC has a big media appeal, but this is how I make money.”

The Brazilian flyweight, who’s 9-2 as a pro, guarantees she never intentionally used any banned substance. She has a theory as to how the stanozolol metabolites got in her body.

“I’ve always used the same supplements, always working with a pharmacy that sponsors me and makes sure not to work with any banned substance,” Frota said. “I had many visa issues to get to Canada and was one of the last fighters to get there (at UFC 240), and I didn’t have my supplements when I arrived. I have problems with insomnia, so after the weigh-ins a friend of mine gave me melatonin he got from a different pharmacy he said he trusted, and I took it. I was tested on the 27th and came back positive for that metabolite. I honestly have no idea how that happened outside of that situation.

“Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough money to pay for the costs of the process with USADA; it’s an expensive process, but I still have some of the pills. So I’m gonna ask a lab in my hometown to get them tested to at least know how that happened. I was always very cautious with that. I never used anything other than melatonin for my bad insomnia.”

Frota, who joined the UFC after knocking out Maiara Amanajas in less than four minutes at the Brazilian version of Dana White’s Contender Series in August 2018, hopes to sign with a promotion where her two-year USADA suspension will not stop her from moving on with her career.

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Cyborg failed for the banned agent Winstrol, a steroid designed to help athletes lose weight while retaining lean mass and strength. She was stripped of her title and suspended 1 year. She claims this was found in a dietary supplement she was taking.
I think You’re getting her drug violations mixed up?

She was caught using steroids in 2012. Drug test came back with stanzonolol metabolites when she was popped in Strike Force.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2012...rg-santos-tests-positive-for-anabolic-steroid

Wasn’t It her failed drug tests in the UFC that were from a weight cutting agent.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
I think You’re getting her drug violations mixed up?

She was caught using steroids in 2012. Drug test came back with stanzonolol metabolites when she was popped in Strike Force.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2012...rg-santos-tests-positive-for-anabolic-steroid

Wasn’t It her failed drug tests in the UFC that were from a weight cutting agent.
Stanozolol, which is also known as Winstrol. The 2nd issue was for Spironolactone which is a diuretic.

Stanzonolol/Winstrol, same thing as Tim Sylvia who was using it for weight loss and leaner muscles.

Last edited:

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Stanozolol, which is also known as Winstrol. The 2nd issue was for Spironolactone which is a diuretic.

Stanzonolol/Winstrol, same thing as Tim Sylvia who was using it for weight loss and leaner muscles.
So then the answer to my original question was yes, this is the same steroid Cyborg got popped for.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
branch is 1-3 in the last couple years, he was likely gone after his last loss anyway, or close to it.

he's yet one more of those 'this guys a killer, just watch!!!' coming in 20-3, leaving with a usada pop and a 2-3 UFC record.

actually to be more accuate, this was his second time in the UFC, where he left 2-2 last time. so overall he's 3-5 UFC
Branch only looked good when he wasnt under USADA

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
In wake of USADA suspension, UFC releases David Branch from contract

The UFC has for a second time cut ties with David Branch.

The former two-division WSOF champ was released by the industry leader one day after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) handed him a two-year suspension for a failed drug test.

A UFC official confirmed Branch’s release after an initial tweet from reporter Mike Russell. A request for comment to Branch wasn’t immediately returned.

Branch (22-6) failed an out-of-competition USADA test on May 24, coming up positive for Ipamorelin, a substance that mimics growth hormone and is banned year-round. Several NBA athletes have tested positive for the drug and received substantial suspensions.

The USADA suspension comes one month after Branch was removed from a scheduled fight against Andrew Sanchez at UFC Vancouver. USADA does not announce the results of anti-doping cases until they have been resolved.

Branch’s two-year suspension bars him from competition until July 26, 2021, and his suspension is noted in the Association of Boxing Commission’s administrative database. However, the suspension is only used for informational purposes; ABC-member athletic commissions will have ultimate authority over whether Branch can receive a fight license.

In 2016, Branch re-signed with the UFC after a star-making comeback in the WSOF (now rebranded as the PFL). But recent octagon outings were problematic, and he had lost his past two fights, including a 49-second submission setback against Jack Hermansson in March.

Branch leaves the UFC with a 2-3 mark after a 2-2 run with the promotion in 2010-2011, where he famously was the victim of a brutal slam knockout courtesy of Gerald Harris.

Noise

Ruido
Trash.

Source: ESPN.com

Ex-titlist Hardy tests positive for banned diuretic

By Dan Rafael
ESPN Senior Writer

Former women's featherweight world titleholder Heather Hardy has tested positive for the banned substance furosemide.

The WBC announced Thursday night that the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association reported to the sanctioning body that Hardy's A sample from a random test conducted in her hometown of Brooklyn, New York, on Sept. 12 in connection with the WBC Clean Boxing Program came back positive for the banned diuretic.

Furosemide is typically used to either assist in cutting weight or as a masking agent for other banned substances.The next night, on Sept. 13 at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York, Hardy (22-1, 4 KOs), 37, lost a one-sided decision and her world title when she made her first defense against Amanda Serrano.

The WBC said it will investigate the "circumstances surrounding the finding" and the "history and properties of the substance revealed by the finding."

"The WBC considers those steps necessary to achieve a conclusion of the matter consistent with the WBC rules and regulations and with the WBC CBP protocol," the WBC said in a statement, adding that it would announce the results of its investigation "in the near future."

After Hardy's test results were disclosed, she wrote on social media that the reason for her positive test was because she had taken a prescription drug that had the substance in it.

"My VADA test results just came back, negative for performance-enhancing drugs, but detected a prescription drug used to treat kidney and heart problems," Hardy wrote. "I told the testing & [medical] professionals what I took heading into the fight, a prescription med for period symptoms. They acknowledge this, and now my team is getting to the bottom of the findings."

Brooklyn's Serrano (37-1-1, 27 KOs), 30, who has known and been friendly with Hardy for many years, lashed out at her in response to her comments.

"I'm Furious right now! I've been respectful to Heather Hardy from day 1. Come to find out her test came back Dirty," wrote Serrano, who is the only woman in boxing history to win world titles in seven weight classes. "Mine was posted yesterday CLEAN! I've Never cheated in my life. Ppls life are at risk when things like this happen. [Promoter] Lou DiBella, I want answers like Yesterday."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

UFC 251 Usman vs Burns

Latest profile posts

So, who is going to vote for Kanye? :>
Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subtleties