The Fall of the USA

Poindexter

Staff member
Investigators have now cited direct quotes from the walkie-talkie app Zello as paramilitants coached each other -- talking about "executing citizen's arrests" and "everything we f--king trained for" -- inside the Capitol. They've found a text message from an alleged organizer among the Oath Keepers discussing an idea to bring weapons into Washington, DC, on a boat crossing the Potomac River. And they've acknowledged finding planning materials, including bomb-making documents, in multiple defendants' cases.

Poindexter

Staff member

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Jack Daniel's Tennessee flames even.
I'm ashamed to admit I bought Fireball recently. It. Was. Gross. Like hard to finish when it was the only booze in the house gross.

I was hoping it would taste like Hot Tamales, those Mike and Ike candies. But, ugh, just chemical and mediocre whiskey.

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
I'm ashamed to admit I bought Fireball recently. It. Was. Gross. Like hard to finish when it was the only booze in the house gross.

I was hoping it would taste like Hot Tamales, those Mike and Ike candies. But, ugh, just chemical and mediocre whiskey.
It’s a real popular shot drink. I don’t hate it, but I would never drink it unless someone else was supplying it to me. But then again, my go to bar shot is Jaeger

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor

I won't touch it. Stuff is like liquid big red. I have expensive tastes anyway. If I drink the lowest I go on the shelf is Woodford Reserve.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I won't touch it. Stuff is like liquid big red. I have expensive tastes anyway. If I drink the lowest I go on the shelf is Woodford Reserve.
That is awesome. Have you ever looked at the McCallen (spelling?) website's shop? They have bottles for thousands. Admittedly I'm extremely unknowledged in anything over 100/bottle but those are tempting. Like, what would have to happen to buy one one day?

That’s a good’n. I kinda switched from whiskey to tequila 5 or 6 years ago, but I still enjoy a good scotch or bourbon from time to time
How about a nice Mezcal?

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
That is awesome. Have you ever looked at the McCallen (spelling?) website's shop? They have bottles for thousands. Admittedly I'm extremely unknowledged in anything over 100/bottle but those are tempting. Like, what would have to happen to buy one one day?

How about a nice Mezcal?
Macallan is incredible. I’ve had the 18 year many times because I’ve worked at a restaurant for long enough to be around it a lot, but I’ve never bought a bottle. They’re in the $300 range.

As for mezcal, I’ve only had a few, and I definitely prefer tequila. I’ve never bought a bottle over $100, but many in the $50-75 range. Was planning on getting a bottle of Don Julio 1942 for a group trip last year, but the last year happened.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor

How about a nice Mezcal?
Never had Macallan. I would need a ladder and someone's else's bank account to reach that shelf haha

I had a nice blended scotch whiskey called monkey shoulder once. Around $40 for a 750ml bottle.
That’s a good’n. I kinda switched from whiskey to tequila 5 or 6 years ago, but I still enjoy a good scotch or bourbon from time to time
Tequila and I used to get into trouble. I had to break up with that trifling bitch.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Never had Macallan. I would need a ladder and someone's else's bank account to reach that shelf haha

I had a nice blended scotch whiskey called monkey shoulder once. Around $40 for a 750ml bottle.

Tequila and I used to get into trouble. I had to break up with that trifling bitch.
Someday you'll be north enough for a MMASpot drink and there will be Macallen! Plus Miz. I'll fly that bastard in from whereever just to see him.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Macallan is incredible. I’ve had the 18 year many times because I’ve worked at a restaurant for long enough to be around it a lot, but I’ve never bought a bottle. They’re in the $300 range.

As for mezcal, I’ve only had a few, and I definitely prefer tequila. I’ve never bought a bottle over $100, but many in the $50-75 range. Was planning on getting a bottle of Don Julio 1942 for a group trip last year, but the last year happened.
I'm a big fan of Mezcal, but I also like peaty whiskeys, so I guess they tie together. Do a virtual trip and get extra drunk on your own!

Thamob

ISYMFS

I work at the airport out here and they have 42 yo Macallan for 15k. I usuallh stick with the 12 or the gold. Best shit. I am branching out to others.

Beardown98

Bourbon or whiskey I don’t see the value in spending over 80-100 dollars on a bottle. Scotch on the other hand is a different animal all together I see the value there.

I was at a bourbon bar close to ten years ago with a friend who ordered a pour of pappy 23 for he and I, while it was really good, it wasn’t leaps and bounds better than say an Eagle Rare 10yr or Blantons. Blantons is still the best bourbon I have had and I got it for retail price at binnys years ago and drank through it quickly. I have yet to find it again at that price. Everywhere else I saw it it was 200 plus and have fun just finding it if you don’t know someone.

I am not a fan of the peaty Scotch it’s just not my thing. I have a Macallen 12, Glen Fiddich 12, JW black, and JW Blue for my Scotch’s. So I tend to drift to the lighter fair in the scotch varieties.

As for bourbon right now I am loving my bottle of Evan Williams single barrel I can’t recommend this enough. It is a very under appreciated bourbon. I’m a Makers fan and have a bottle of their barrel proof, A Weller green label, and a Russels 10yr.

For a Rye I have a bottle of baby Saz which I need to get some more of because that’s my favorite Rye.

Thamob

ISYMFS
Bourbon or whiskey I don’t see the value in spending over 80-100 dollars on a bottle. Scotch on the other hand is a different animal all together I see the value there.

I was at a bourbon bar close to ten years ago with a friend who ordered a pour of pappy 23 for he and I, while it was really good, it wasn’t leaps and bounds better than say an Eagle Rare 10yr or Blantons. Blantons is still the best bourbon I have had and I got it for retail price at binnys years ago and drank through it quickly. I have yet to find it again at that price. Everywhere else I saw it it was 200 plus and have fun just finding it if you don’t know someone.

I am not a fan of the peaty Scotch it’s just not my thing. I have a Macallen 12, Glen Fiddich 12, JW black, and JW Blue for my Scotch’s. So I tend to drift to the lighter fair in the scotch varieties.

As for bourbon right now I am loving my bottle of Evan Williams single barrel I can’t recommend this enough. It is a very under appreciated bourbon. I’m a Makers fan and have a bottle of their barrel proof, A Weller green label, and a Russels 10yr.

For a Rye I have a bottle of baby Saz which I need to get some more of because that’s my favorite Rye.
Peaty scotch is like just like drinking from an ashtray. I stiil have yet to try JW.

Beardown98

Peaty scotch is like just like drinking from an ashtray. I stiil have yet to try JW.
Agreed on the peat, I had lagavulin scotch a few years back and it’s all ashtray and gasoline city in its profile to me.

JW black is a good go to scotch and it’s not a terribly pricey scotch IMO. Blue is phenomenal just pricey as fuck to me. I’ve had the same bottle of blue for 6-7 years now and only partake in it while celebrating. The last time I had a glass was when I bought the house I’m in after my divorce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest profile posts

Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality
Mind-killer is the mind-killer
Reality is the mind-killer.
You know you're old when you are hyped that you got a breadmaker for your birthday. Thing is it makes cakes and jams too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayphatty
Top Bottom