the Cops Do Bad Things thread

Do you trust the Police every single time?

• yes

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • fuck da police

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Clark Kent

A detective filed for the warrants. From what I’ve read elsewhere, at least one of the officers who executed it on Taylor’s apartment assisted in the investigation that led to the warrants being filed and issued.
Then if that’s true he straight up knew that the warrant was a lie and everything after that warrant he should be held accountable for.

I look at that just like felony murder. I imagine lying to a judge under oath in that state could be a felony, so he committed a crime and as a result someone died. Even if his bullets were not the ones that killed her.
Post automatically merged:

Ok but you're not allowed to blindly fire lol
Again it happens and when you just look at that part, it still isn’t murder. You just saw your fellow officer hit by a bullet, people are going to be stupid and return fire.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
Let’s also not fail to consider the report that these motherfuckers actually had the audacity draw up a plea deal for the ex-boyfriend that would have implicated Taylor, who by then had already been killed mind you, in the original criminal activity they were investigating.
AAA08EB0-6493-45C9-BDE2-7CA40F5E30EE.jpeg

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
Then if that’s true he straight up knew that the warrant was a lie and everything after that warrant he should be held accountable for.

I look at that just like felony murder. I imagine lying to a judge under oath in that state could be a felony, so he committed a crime and as a result someone died. Even if his bullets were not the ones that killed her.

Again it happens and when you just look at that part, it still isn’t murder. You just saw your fellow officer hit by a bullet, people are going to be stupid and return fire.
I understand this alone is not murder, but how is it not a crime? How is none of this not at the very least manslaughter?

Last edited:

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Someone died. That’s a crime, no? Either the boyfriend is responsible for shooting at the officers, or the officers are responsible for shooting back and killing a bystander. You can’t just engage in a gun fight that leads to someone’s death, say “oops” and let everyone go home. Someone is responsible for her death.
I'm not sure if her death will be ruled a criminal act. I'm not a lawyer, but 1 in 2000 Americans (and 1 in 1000 blacks) will be killed by a police officer. And most won't be prosecuted for it. I honestly think there's more room for "oops" in our system than either of us like.

Clark Kent

I understand this alone is not murder, but how is it not a crime? How is none of this not at the very least manslaughter?

That’s why I kept asking about the warrant. Seeing how one f them helped with the warrant he should be held accountable.

but let’s say everything was on the up and up. They entered shots fired an so on. I think they would all be fired but not charged. Would be hard for a jury to convict. Even with all this shady shit and lies, ive read a lot of things from lawyers saying it would be hard to convict any of them.

if the police and neighbors are to be believed the boyfriend should have been arrested and charged. Seeing the police knocked and identified themselves.
BUT why would you knock with a no knock warrant.

ive seen enough stuff to believe the ex was sending drugs to her place. But they didn’t need to lie, could have done their jobs and got a legit warrant based of legit evidence. Somewhere along the way someone wanted to cut corners and this all happened.

and in no way am I saying she deserved any of this, she didn’t. Even if she was a drug dealer (which no evidence supports) she didn’t deserve to die.

as tragic as this entire thing is, this could help change things for the better. Will it, probably not.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Someone died. That’s a crime, no? Either the boyfriend is responsible for shooting at the officers, or the officers are responsible for shooting back and killing a bystander. You can’t just engage in a gun fight that leads to someone’s death, say “oops” and let everyone go home. Someone is responsible for her death.
Exactly. If someone comes in my store and tries to rob me, I have a right to defend myself. BUT....if I fire back and a bullet goes through my front door and kills someone on the side walk out front, them I'm getting a negligent homicide charge at the very least. Your right to defend yourself doesn't mean you can just spray bullets with reckless abandon and that should be doubly true for law enforcement.

If the warrant they issued was a no-knock warrant then why did the police claimed they announced?
Even with a no knock warrant, you're supposed to announce yourself coming through the door. In NC, the difference is with a standard warrant, you knock on the door and announce yourself. With a no knock, you announce as you're coming through the door but you still have to announce yourself as law enforcement. You can't just kick the door in and start firing at people.

Afro

Exactly. If someone comes in my store and tries to rob me, I have a right to defend myself. BUT....if I fire back and a bullet goes through my front door and kills someone on the side walk out front, them I'm getting a negligent homicide charge at the very least. Your right to defend yourself doesn't mean you can just spray bullets with reckless abandon and that should be doubly true for law enforcement.

Even with a no knock warrant, you're supposed to announce yourself coming through the door. In NC, the difference is with a standard warrant, you knock on the door and announce yourself. With a no knock, you announce as you're coming through the door but you still have to announce yourself as law enforcement. You can't just kick the door in and start firing at people.
Cameron said that his investigation shows that officers knocked and announced themselves as police before entering Taylor's apartment. He said this was corroborated by a civilian witness who was near Taylor’s apartment on the night of the shooting.
The AP article claims that they knocked and announced before kicking the door in, then they got a neighbor to verify this, but other neighbors claim they didn't hear an announcement at all.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
The AP article claims that they knocked and announced before kicking the door in, then they got a neighbor to verify this, but other neighbors claim they didn't hear an announcement at all.
It's a clusterfuck for sure and the charges (lack thereof) is also complete and total horseshit.

Afro

It's a clusterfuck for sure and the charges (lack thereof) is also complete and total horseshit.
Which is why I am confused on how they aren't considered negligent, but I really don't understand all the fine print involved with all this, either way if police regulations do protect these fucks in this case, then obviously that needs to change, because this shouldn't have been sliced any other way.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Which is why I am confused on how they aren't considered negligent, but I really don't understand all the fine print involved with all this, either way if police regulations do protect these fucks in this case, then obviously that needs to change, because this shouldn't have been sliced any other way.
Yea, I don't understand how private citizens can be charged with negligent homicide if under similar circumstances but law enforcement isn't held to the same standard. If anything, they should be held to a higher standard.

Ct_L33T

1 in 2000. How is that not a number that worries americans? Hell, the police might be more deadly than covid.
Covid-19 has a higher mortality rate in general, but that ratio shifts dramatically for both threats based on age & race. Some studies revealed a Police killing odds ratio for black men is 2.5x the odds for white men, with 1/1000 predicted over the life course.

I wish that vegas allowed betting on police misconduct court cases, because I would be rich by now. The +- on George Floyd's murders getting more than 7 years has to be atleast -500.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I stand by my assertions that policing as it is practiced in the United States is a broken institution. Just like prisons can make people criminals, police departments can make people killers. That's institutional behavioral conditioning. And it's killing our citizens. There are no Red Americans, Blue Americans, and Purple Americans. We're all Americans and our security polices are killing our poorer, less advantaged, less enfranchised citizens.

Reformation is only a solution if it's wholesale. To protect both people and police we have to completely redefine what it means to police in this country.

For me personally, my brain doesn't get past Tamir Rice. Just like when it concerns mass shootings, my brain cannot get past the Virginia Tech killer. They should have been end points. They should have been the definitive end to discussions about race, guns, and media coverage (exploitation) of violence.

But they weren't. And they're barely footnotes these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Somedays all of the beautiful things in my life break my heart.
I'll sleep when I wake up.
LebenTysonTank wrote on Miz's profile.
Any idea how I can upload an mp4 video? I recently knocked out this 250 pound face tattooed mexican gangbanger in front of my house,and one of the neighbors recorded it.
"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom