the Cops Do Bad Things thread (2 Viewers)

Do you trust the Police every single time?

• yes

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • fuck da police

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Poindexter

Staff member

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Positions of authority do not self-police and cannot self-regulate. Police have a disproportionate amount of power as a result of people's apathy and laziness. Good Police work is incredibly difficult. Bad Police work is all too easy.

It's a feedback loop. We do not have the standards in place, from training, to support, to a division of responsibilities, to enable Police, nationally, to be successful. At the same time we're left with prosecuting them when they apply the powers of execution that the public is granting them through our elected officials.

Reform? Fine, national oversight committee, state oversight committees, but how would they be appointed? How in 2020 do you have independent, non-partisan appointments?

Defund? Sure, provided there's an alternative for community needs. I would argue that in many instances across America police are actually a detriment rather than a solution. Having no-Police would actually be healthier it seems. But "many" is not all. And in other parts of the country Police work just fine. They don't execute minorities, they don't plant drugs, they don't fail to file reports, and they actually follow a system of ethical principles. Problem is these police reside in communities that are typically affluent and homogenous.

There's no easy solution here. I think less Police = immediate solution. I'm sorry, if a citizen shoots another citizen, then that citizen is not granted qualified immunity. I'd rather take my chances with the citizen than the Police.

SickNasty

Now that's a tasty burger.
Positions of authority do not self-police and cannot self-regulate. Police have a disproportionate amount of power as a result of people's apathy and laziness. Good Police work is incredibly difficult. Bad Police work is all too easy.

It's a feedback loop. We do not have the standards in place, from training, to support, to a division of responsibilities, to enable Police, nationally, to be successful. At the same time we're left with prosecuting them when they apply the powers of execution that the public is granting them through our elected officials.

Reform? Fine, national oversight committee, state oversight committees, but how would they be appointed? How in 2020 do you have independent, non-partisan appointments?

Defund? Sure, provided there's an alternative for community needs. I would argue that in many instances across America police are actually a detriment rather than a solution. Having no-Police would actually be healthier it seems. But "many" is not all. And in other parts of the country Police work just fine. They don't execute minorities, they don't plant drugs, they don't fail to file reports, and they actually follow a system of ethical principles. Problem is these police reside in communities that are typically affluent and homogenous.

There's no easy solution here. I think less Police = immediate solution. I'm sorry, if a citizen shoots another citizen, then that citizen is not granted qualified immunity. I'd rather take my chances with the citizen than the Police.
Spot on.

Police Fuckery, as an institution, is so embedded in our society that the legality of their bad behavior is protected by the system at the expense of the community of which they're sworn to protect.

It's so pervasive and engrained in the aspect of our lives that we just don't notice all the unfair practices that protect bad police and put the general public at risk.

I know I've said it before somewhere on here, maybe even this thread; one example is in Ferguson, for a couple of years, I think it was between 2012 and 2016, of all the recorded police k-9 dog bites where race was documented, the victims were 100% black/POC. And nothing was done about it. That shit didn't even hit the news.

Edit:

https://www.justice.gov/sites/defau...5/03/04/ferguson_police_department_report.pdf is the report I'm referencing.

• African Americans have force used against them at disproportionately high rates, accounting for 88% of all cases from 2010 to August 2014 in which an FPD officer reported using force. In all 14 uses of force involving a canine bite for which we have information about the race of the person bitten, the person was African American.
So it was from 2010 to 2014: my bad on the years being wrong.

Last edited:

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
I’ll be goddamned. Some “good apples” finally set the tone. Keep it up.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
No such thing as good apples. They're just apples. It's their fucking job to be apples. There's apples and there's murderers. Bad apples don't kill people, cops do.

Dismantle the police.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
Just got a call from someone claiming to be a law enforcement officer. They were trying to raise money to stop the "defund the police effort". I told him stop shooting unarmed black people. He hung up. What a chicken shit. I would have been more than happy to try help him with his cause.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Ah the NYPD. Always willing to show that police brutality against minorities is never out of fashion regardless of who's in charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
james101
Top Bottom