The Case For And Against George Zimmerman (1 Viewer)

Poindexter

Staff member

FOR
  • Typed, signed letter from Martin confirming he attacked Zimmerman
  • Americans have soft spot for nation’s rugged, rawly sexual neighborhood watch volunteers
  • Actions fall within the letter of Florida’s “Get Out Of Your Car, Track Down Your Target, Provoke A Fight, Then Stand Your Ground” law
  • That scary photo of Trayvon Martin flipping off the camera
  • Big, round, happy moonface reminiscent of beloved comedian Jonathan Winters
  • Not convicting him would have a fun “Wow, how the fuck did this happen?” kind of craziness to it
  • Only shot unarmed black guy once, as opposed to national average of 21 times
  • Presence of an eloquent and highly persuasive Henry Fonda in the jury box
  • He didn’t do it
AGAINST

• Murdered a kid
  • Alibi that he was bowling with friends at the time of the crime falls apart under close scrutiny
  • Decency, common sense, basic morality, etc.
  • Best-case scenario: He got into a fight with a 17-year-old and then shot and killed him
  • His original description of Trayvon Martin as 8 feet tall, 250 pounds, and carrying a semiautomatic is dodgy at best
  • Chilling 911 call features Zimmerman saying, “Hold on a sec, I’m going to kill this black kid real quick”
  • Millions of paranoid, racist assholes leaping to Zimmerman’s support may actually be hurting his public image
  • Always good to make the American legal system seem fair from time to time
Source

Poindexter

Staff member
My girlfriend's black, dude.
Good for you. Not sure what that is an argument for or against.

On a less personal note, I didn't see most of the testimony. What generated all of the anger against this woman again? She's not intelligent enough when facing a lawyer that's trying to destroy her credibility? She's lower income? She behaves like a not particularly well-educated young adult? She exhibits some unflattering cultural differences? Her linguistic manner seems incorrect or unintelligent?

TriangleSmoke

Motherfucker of the Century
Site Donor

On a less personal note, I didn't see most of the testimony. What generated all of the anger against this woman again? She's not intelligent enough when facing a lawyer that's trying to destroy her credibility? She's lower income? She behaves like a not particularly well-educated young adult? She exhibits some unflattering cultural differences? Her linguistic manner seems incorrect or unintelligent?
Watch the videos and see for yourself. They're all over the web, dude. This girl took a big heaping dump on the prosecution's case.

unforgivn

Nunquam Fidelis
Sorry, thought your previous comments had implied that my dislike for Jeantel was somehow racially motivated, rather than because her existence is a detriment to whatever community she's a part of.

The defense is trying to paint Trayvon Martin as a stereotypical young black thug in order to make Zimmerman's suspicion (and later aggression) seem justified, and in response the defense puts a woman on the witness stand who is the living embodiment of basically every negative stereotype about American black women (aside from having a handful of bastard kids). It's barely possible to make a more boneheaded move than playing into the other side's narrative.

TriangleSmoke

Motherfucker of the Century
Site Donor
I haven't followed this case nearly as much as others, and I acknowledge I dont have even close to all of the facts, but based only on what i've seen go on in the courtroom on tv, I couldn't say beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman indeed murdered that kid in cold blood.

Poindexter

Staff member
Sorry, thought your previous comments had implied that my dislike for Jeantel was somehow racially motivated, rather than because her existence is a detriment to whatever community she's a part of.

The defense is trying to paint Trayvon Martin as a stereotypical young black thug in order to make Zimmerman's suspicion (and later aggression) seem justified, and in response the defense puts a woman on the witness stand who is the living embodiment of basically every negative stereotype about American black women (aside from having a handful of bastard kids). It's barely possible to make a more boneheaded move than playing into the other side's narrative.
Her existence is a detriment to her community. Jesus Christ, c'mon. Is that hyperbole just an attempt at comedy?

What specifically black stereotypes did she embody? Just curious.

For those following the case, did this woman need to be somehow presented as an acception to some common perception of the black community for the killing to have seemed unjust or criminal?

unforgivn

Nunquam Fidelis
Her existence is a detriment to her community. Jesus Christ, c'mon. Is that hyperbole just an attempt at comedy?

For those following the case, did this woman need to be somehow presented as an acception to some common perception of the black community for the killing to have seemed unjust or criminal?
I linked a page listing a lot of the tweets that got scrubbed from her Twitter feed. Go read it if you haven't already.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor

Isn't it possible that Trayvon Martin is exactly who Zimmermans camp says he was and did exactly what they said he did? So far the testimony in court from the closest eyewitness to the events supports Zimmerman, not the prosecution.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor

She's a walking contradiction. They asked her to read a letter aloud to the court that she supposedly wrote and she couldn't read it. She called white people "crackers" while on the stand. She said that the defense attorneys notion that Martin had any fault in the events was "retarded." She's the personification of the exact opposite of who you would want representing your community.

unforgivn

Nunquam Fidelis
Isn't it possible that Trayvon Martin is exactly who Zimmermans camp says he was and did exactly what they said he did? So far the testimony in court from the closest eyewitness to the events supports Zimmerman, not the prosecution.
I wasn't arguing the merits of the case at all. I was simply arguing that putting her on the stand was terrible strategy from the prosecution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Woodley vs Burns

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel