The Biden/Harris Administration

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
Ted Cruz, Lindsay Graham, Mitch McConnell, and Josh Hawley should be clapsed in irons and paraded down the street nude while everyone pelts them with old fruit. All while carrying the greasy body of their orange wannabe dictator to prison for treason.
Post automatically merged:

Oh and we can send tubberville with them.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Ted Cruz, Lindsay Graham, Mitch McConnell, and Josh Hawley should be clapsed in irons and paraded down the street nude while everyone pelts them with old fruit. All while carrying the greasy body of their orange wannabe dictator to prison for treason.
Post automatically merged:

Oh and we can send tubberville with them.
You're a Crimson Tide fan I see.

Clark Kent

Just curious if the people that already make 15 an hour or 16 plus an hour eventually get a raise too.

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
Just curious if the people that already make 15 an hour or 16 plus an hour eventually get a raise too.
I mean, that would vary, business to business. If you're a manager somewhere and are getting $15/hr based on promotion and the minimum wage becomes $15/hr, one would naturally assume that the manager would get some kind of raise because otherwise they have no incentive to stay in their current position. But making the minimum wage $15 doesn't mean people that make 15 or more get a scaled raise, too.

Clark Kent

I meant to give you 100 but I’m slow.
thanks for explaining that, I have no clue how all this would work. But I support anything that helps people make a better living.

the thing I keep seeing is if people get 15 min wage then milk and everything else will go up and essentially be in the same place we are in now. I imagine some things will go up but I can’t see everything.

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
thanks for explaining that, I have no clue how all this would work. But I support anything that helps people make a better living.

the thing I keep seeing is if people get 15 min wage then milk and everything else will go up and essentially be in the same place we are in now. I imagine some things will go up but I can’t see everything.
Most studies will show you that the price of things will go up, but it's cost is negligible compared to natural inflation. And it's money in the pockets of working class citizens, so that money generally gets spent pretty quickly, therefore boosting the economy. The myth that raising the minimum wage will cripple our businesses is largely false.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
Raising wages to correlate with the ever-increasing cost of living is how you boost your economy without having to stimulate it artificially. The more people who aren’t living around or below the poverty line the larger your consumer base becomes.

Corporate greed is the only argument against raising wages for middle and lower class citizens.

jesusatemyhotdog

Welcome to the machine.
Raising wages to correlate with the ever-increasing cost of living is how you boost your economy without having to stimulate it artificially. The more people who aren’t living around or below the poverty line the larger your consumer base becomes.

Corporate greed is the only argument against raising wages for middle and lower class citizens.
As said the great freemarket hero Adam Smith (in addition to advocating for strict banking legislation and regulation) but Strauss following idiots conveniently have omitted those aspects since Breton Woods.

Ct_L33T

Farmers often dump milk in cases where supply exceeds demand, since the start of the pandemic this practice has seen an increase in use.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
It's not that simple. She explicitly sent people to a specific fund that does specific work. That fund did things like bail out murderers and rapists.

If you dig into it, you'll see there's more to the story. But my view is she directed people to a local non-profit that she didn't understand, that non-profit bails out everyone not just people you like, and c'est la vie. But it's sure as fuck not because she supports BLM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality
Mind-killer is the mind-killer
Reality is the mind-killer.
You know you're old when you are hyped that you got a breadmaker for your birthday. Thing is it makes cakes and jams too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayphatty
Top Bottom