The Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread

Clark Kent

@S=E can you go to the target range and shoot legally, or can the weapon not leave your home? I think you said once you and your wife shoot. If she owns the gun then can you legally shoot at the range?
Depends on the state. But I believe federal law says a felon can not possess any firearm. Which I take to mean not own, shoot or hold. But then again how many gun ranges are going to want to check your record.

In Michigan a felon can’t reside in a house with firearms. Only time that’s really enforced here is when the police come to your house and arrest you. Then they can tack on more charges.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Depends on the state. But I believe federal law says a felon can not possess any firearm. Which I take to mean not own, shoot or hold. But then again how many gun ranges are going to want to check your record.

In Michigan a felon can’t reside in a house with firearms. Only time that’s really enforced here is when the police come to your house and arrest you. Then they can tack on more charges.
Yeah I was just curious. Of course if he owns a gun, sak said his state you can for your house, then the person is going to shoot it. You’d have to shoot it to be prepared for an intruder. I was just wondering if it was technically legal. I get that he probably does and I’m not looking down. I’ve done tons of things I’m not supposed to do. Just was curious if he can own a gun and legally shoot at his range. Our range is a shoot at your own leisure place. No id needed.

Clark Kent

Yeah I was just curious. Of course if he owns a gun, sak said his state you can for your house, then the person is going to shoot it. You’d have to shoot it to be prepared for an intruder. I was just wondering if it was technically legal. I get that he probably does and I’m not looking down. I’ve done tons of things I’m not supposed to do. Just was curious if he can own a gun and legally shoot at his range. Our range is a shoot at your own leisure place. No id needed.
Not looking down either. It’s just one of those we can charge you if we want things. Federal trumps state law, but federal doesn’t really care.

Reactions: Miz

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Smiling ‘Team Mitch’ Supporters Pose While Choking Cutout Of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

A group of young men in “Team Mitch” campaign shirts supporting Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell at an annual political picnic in Kentucky were captured in a photo smiling as one of them pretended to strangle a cardboard cutout of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.).

Social media accounts of some of the men identified by Twitter users were taken down — or shut down by Twitter for inappropriate postings — by Monday. But at least one Instagram account of a local Republican backer who also attended the picnic had it up late in the day. It was also later removed.

McConnell campaign spokesman Kevin Golden told HuffPost in an email that Team Mitch “in no way condones any aggressive, suggestive, or demeaning act toward life-sized cardboard cutouts of any gender.” He said the men are “not campaign staff; they’re high schoolers, and it’s incredible that the national media has sought to once again paint a target on their backs rather than report real, and significant news in our country.”

Some of the same men also appeared in a photo on the official “Team Mitch” Instagram account for the Fancy Farm picnic, holding aloft cutout faces of Supreme Court Justices Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch.

McConnell’s campaign manager, Kevin Golden, insisted the gravestones were a homage to a cartoon in the Louisville Courrier-Journal that featured gravestones, also including one of McGrath.

Both images linking killing and death to political targets come at a particularly fraught time, after a weekend that saw two mass murders — including the apparently hate-fueled attack in El Paso, Texas, that has left 22 people dead.

Critics are linking the violence to political leaders’ hate speech and racist attacks. Ocasio-Cortez and three other freshman congresswomen of color — along with African American Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) — have been viciously attacked in recent weeks in public statements by President Donald Trump.

Miz

More young people should smoke pot and grow their hair long like I did in my youth. Harder to be upset when you’re stoned and long hair don’t care.

It’s nice for kids to be involved with politics but it’s scary they have such poor morals and just look like shit bags. And those kids are being paid my McConnel?

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
It was a good interview. Right up until she blamed voter suppression. Especially as she had no argument for why long lines only affected younger voters. Boogyman.

Ct_L33T

It was a good interview. Right up until she blamed voter suppression. Especially as she had no argument for why long lines only affected younger voters. Boogyman.
Long lines didn't only affect younger voters, but they would negatively impact younger voters working minimum wage jobs with inflexible schedules.

The voter suppression that's taken place since the gutting of the voting rights act is impressive.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Long lines didn't only affect younger voters, but they would negatively impact younger voters working minimum wage jobs with inflexible schedules.

The voter suppression that's taken place since the gutting of the voting rights act is impressive.
Generally, research has held that younger people have more flexible schedules and fewer responsibilities. Also, I believe in all 50 states employers are legally required to make full accomodations for voting. If you miss 4 hours, you can't be fired or penalized (other than missing pay if you're hourly).

Ct_L33T

Generally, research has held that younger people have more flexible schedules and fewer responsibilities. Also, I believe in all 50 states employers are legally required to make full accomodations for voting. If you miss 4 hours, you can't be fired or penalized (other than missing pay if you're hourly).
https://www.workplacefairness.org/voting-rights-time-off-work?state=GA#GA

Some states do, with the maximum allowed time being 4 hours. Some states have next to nothing in terms of punishments, it varies by state to state. Missing work without pay is shitty, especially considering a high percentage of people in those jobs are living check to check.

These allowances are useless when people are waiting up to 7 hours to vote. Guess which states have the weakest protections; here's a hint, it correlates with the states that have closed the most polling locations since the gutting of the voting rights act.

Last edited:

Miz

I pray one of my uncles lives long enough to see aoc become president, or vp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Somedays all of the beautiful things in my life break my heart.
I'll sleep when I wake up.
LebenTysonTank wrote on Miz's profile.
Any idea how I can upload an mp4 video? I recently knocked out this 250 pound face tattooed mexican gangbanger in front of my house,and one of the neighbors recorded it.
"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom