Dismiss Notice
Bellator London YouTube Prelims: Link Main card begins at 5:00 PM ET on the Bellator App.

The Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by ATJ-Lucko, Jan 17, 2019.

1. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

I was making a joke until Captain Snowflake got all in his feelings about it.

Fuck all of them in the neck. But Trump extra hard.

2. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

You think all those people that were pardoned or let out with just pot charges were the only thing they were busted for. Sure some but most of them no. They were pled down just to get some of them in jail.

That part.

3. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

It’s definitely ok to lose. My kids play sports and about the only place I kind of see this is in the church league run soccer league they play in. Teams actually lose, they just don’t talk about it much. I like all coaching styles but I definitely like the old school suck it up approach. You win, or you learn. I think that’s what they say.

I don’t see how letting non violent offenders off early is bad. We should be embarrassed about sending people to jail for pot. It’s just embarrassing. I respect law enforcement, and I served my country honorably, but I would be down right shamed to put a man or woman in jail for pot.

I liked Obama’s approach of having a beer and shooting the shit with people. I feel like he was a good man.

rivethead and Poindexter like this.
  4. S=E

I like to picture a world where a black man gets elected that has zero experience in politics, has 5 kids with 3 different women, cheated on every wife he's ever had, and has bankrupted more businesses than you can count.

Makes you miss Obama's greatest scandal, one of the worst in recent memory....the tan suit.

Poindexter and Miz like this.
  5. Miz

Obama and the Bush’s seemed liked good husbands that loved their wives. I wish W, Laura, Barack, and Michelle would go on speaking tours together. They all have a fun friendship.

rivethead likes this.
  6. Ct_L33T

Ct_L33T Well-Known Member

Saying that Black lives matter was anti-police is like saying Blue Lives Matter is anti-black.

Poindexter likes this.
  7. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Honestly I’m not even sure what the hell your point is right now. I’m talking about equal rights and you’re talking about telling kids “good job” after they get their butt kicked in rec league soccer while also laying into Obama for pardoning potheads or something. You’re all over the map.

Poindexter and S=E like this.
  8. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

I never said anything about equal rights, go back and read. As for equal rights sure as long as your not a convicted felon.

9. S=E

So what rights should convicted felons not have?

10. Clark Kent

My bad I can’t find any sources. Just going off personal experience in working in the criminal justice field, and how you rarely go to jail for what you are arrested for. It’s pled down to keep the justice system moving along.

But there is this https://www.chicagotribune.com/opin...-rivera-bombings-clemency-20170119-story.html

And not all were just low level drug offenses

https://www.thoughtco.com/people-pardoned-by-president-barack-obama-3367599
    --- Post Added -- Jul 29, 2019, ---
    I like the ones that they lose already, no voting, no firearms. I’m good with those. Has to be some consequences when you get out of prison or it’s just like you had a nice long rapey vacation.

11. S=E

I can vote and I can own a firearm in my home. I'm a convicted felon.

So I should lose those rights? It's been 18 years since the date of my conviction without 1 ticket since then. Fuck rehabilitation huh?

Poindexter likes this.
  12. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

Massachusetts won’t allow you to have a firearm in almost every jurisdiction if you have any drug charges or violent felonies or even OUI’s.

rivethead likes this.
  13. S=E

In Texas there's a law called The Castle Law or something similar and 5 years after your case is closed, you can own a firearm on your property for protection. That's state law. Federal law of course says felons cannot own firearms. Very much the same vein as the federal vs state in regards to marijuana.

14. Clark Kent

Ok my statement was vague. Obviously not all crimes are equal and not all crimes should carry the same consequences. If your raped, killed, attempted to do either or conspiracy on either then some of those rights should be stripped. Same with other violent crimes, if you car jacked someone, robbed someone with a weapon same thing.

But I mean if you wrote some bad checks, busted with minor drugs, stuff like that would be ok. I mean the line has to be drawn somewhere. You can’t compare someone who raped someone with some 18 year old that did something stupid.

So basically anything non violent you shouldn’t lose rights for.

I also agree most people should have there right to defend there property, persons, and family. Let’s face it unless your chuck norris a stick won’t cut it.

Michigan your not allowed to own any type of firearm or weapon that your have to obtain a permit to get if you are a felon.

15. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

This is something I’d never really thought about until fairly recently when John Oliver and I think Samantha Bee did pieces on it. I don’t have a terribly informed opinion on the subject, but I do think that a felon that has been released from prison shouldn’t necessarily have every right available upon reentering society, but if we’re going to keep those rights away for a lifetime that’s far from fair. If you’re able to be a productive member of society, you should be afforded the same rights the rest of that society

Poindexter likes this.
  16. Miz

@S=E can you go to the target range and shoot legally, or can the weapon not leave your home? I think you said once you and your wife shoot. If she owns the gun then can you legally shoot at the range?

17. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

But will they still allow you to bathe in chowda?

rivethead and Miz like this.
  18. rivethead

rivethead Neg'd 4 Lyfe

The idea that we're making weed medically available while people are in prison for selling it is a problem the nation needs to get a hold of before legalization.

We also need to get a handle on good, cheap field testing for marijuana influences. I work with waaaaaay too many kids who would never get behind the wheel after two drinks, but somehow think weed makes them better drivers.

It doesn't.

I think there should be a re-naturalization process to earn them back. Get a job, pay taxes, stay out of the life for x amount of time and you are good to go. That's what a rehabilitative or restorative system should do. Redirect, allow them to prove themselves, make them whole.

rh

Poindexter likes this.
  19. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

i guess it depends what felony you committed, if someone commits felony money laundering then i see no reason why your gun rights should be taken away but if robbed a bank with a gun or shot up your ex gf house then maybe you should lose your rights.
    but then again i don't believe owning a gun should be a natural right, it not an essential right.

20. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Kano likes this.