The 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread (Spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Poindexter

Staff member
lol....its so easy hahaha. So are you trying to say at some point in your life you shat and pissed your britches? Did you also live in an alley way beating up your partner? Must of been clearly, I mean you were charged for it correct? You are just jealous they do not get dragged to court as well, you filthy fucking cry baby.
Fuck the police and I say it with authority.

But seriously, your analogy made no sense. Can you shut your glistening porkhole about it and go back to talking about how your team just disintegrated before your eyes?

MBC

Fuck the police and I say it with authority.

But seriously, your analogy made no sense. Can you shut your glistening porkhole about it and go back to talking about how your team just disintegrated before your eyes?

OINK OINK......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

OK, yea it sucks to see Pierce go though, I know I keep saying it but fuck, so use to seeing him in a celts jersey. Garnett and Pierce are done though,age is no on their side.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
The same things being said about the Nets today, were the same things being said about the Lakers last season.

I think it would take an act of god for Brooklyn to reach the post-season healthy. And they're not going anywhere if they're not healthy. Pierce and Garnett could only give you every other game in the playoffs and for most of the regular season. Lopez just had a bent screw replaced in his foot. Williams is going to be coming off of surgery, and Joe Johnson has continued to fail to show that he's worth what he's paid.

People are already predicting Brooklyn as #2 in the East. That's fucking bonkers. 3rd best overall to win a championship.

They don't have a shot in hell against the Bulls or Pacers.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
The Pacers, Bulls, and Heat would all have to be worse. Those are only slight possibilities. If West walks from Indiana and they aren't able to replace him that could be a big problem. Bird is back as their president however, and say he's committed to expanding the depth of the bench. He implied that Indiana wouldn't have much wiggle room, which may mean they intend to sign West.

The Bulls could potentially shed Deng and add LaMarcus Aldridge which would give them a consistent 20 point scorer to compliment Rose, but either Deng or LA would cost to retain which could affect Chicago's depth.

The Nets are going to be way over the cap, and they can't afford any injuries. I just don't have any faith in Williams to lead a team in the post season. None in Joe Johnson, and asking KG and Pierce to shoulder the burden at their age hasn't work when Rondo has gone down the last two seasons.

It's an entertaining move for the league for the fans of BK, but I don't see it working. Maybe two years ago.

Poindexter

Staff member
Nets Agree to Terms with Assistants Frank, Rogers, Hughes
June 28, 2013 12:08 pm EDT

BROOKLYN—The Brooklyn Nets have reached an agreement in principle with Lawrence Frank, Roy Rogers and Eric Hughes to serve as assistant coaches on Head Coach Jason Kidd's staff, General Manager Billy King announced today. In addition, Doug Overton will remain on the staff as an assistant coach.

“I am very pleased to add Lawrence, Roy, Eric and Doug to my staff,” said Nets Head Coach Jason Kidd. “They collectively bring a wealth of NBA experience to our bench, both from a coach and player perspective. This combination will not only prove beneficial to me, but will be an invaluable asset to our players as well.”

Lawrence Frank, the franchise's all-time leader in NBA coaching victories, coached the Nets for parts of seven seasons (2004-2009) over which time he amassed a regular season mark of 225-241 (.483). Under Frank’s direction, New Jersey made four consecutive postseason appearances (2004-07) and won two Atlantic Division titles (2004, 2006). Frank holds an 18-20 (.474) record in the playoffs, advancing the Nets to the Eastern Conference Semifinals in 2004, 2006 and 2007. Frank took over the Nets' head coaching helm midway through the 2003-04 season, where he proceeded to lead the Nets to 13 straight victories, setting the NBA mark for the most consecutive wins by a head coach to begin a career. Frank's NBA coaching career began in Vancouver, where he spent three seasons as an assistant under Brian Hill. Following his stint with the Grizzlies, Frank joined the Nets as an assistant coach. Serving under Head Coach Byron Scott, Frank helped lead the Nets to two Easter Conference Championships in 2002 and 2003, marking the first NBA Finals appearances in franchise history. After three and a half seasons as an assistant, Frank was named interim head coach of the Nets on Jan. 26, 2004, and took over on a permanent basis on June 21, 2004. Following his term with the Nets, Frank served as an assistant coach in Boston in 2010-11 before being named head coach of the Detroit Pistons on August 3, 2011. In two seasons with Detroit, Frank guided the Pistons to a 54-94 (.365) overall record. In 614 games, Frank holds a career coaching record of 279-335 (.454).

Roy Rogers began his NBA coaching career with the Nets, serving as an assistant coach from 2008-2010. Most recently, Rogers worked as an assistant coach for the Detroit Pistons for two seasons (2011-2013) under head coach Lawrence Frank. Rogers also served as an assistant coach with the Boston Celtics as part of Doc Rivers’ staff in 2010-11. Prior to his first stint with the Nets, he coached in the NBA Development League with the Austin Toros (2007-08), Tulsa 66ers (2005-07) and Huntsville Flight (2004-05). Selected 22nd overall in the 1996 NBA Draft out of the University of Alabama, Rogers spent three years in the NBA. Rogers averaged 4.8 points and 3.5 rebounds per game in his NBA career split between four teams (Vancouver, Boston, Toronto and Denver). He also played four seasons (2000-04) of professional basketball internationally with stops in Russia, Italy, Greece and Poland.

Eric Hughes joins the Nets after spending the past six seasons with the Toronto Raptors. Originally hired by Toronto in 2007-08 as a basketball development consultant, Hughes was promoted to assistant coach/basketball development on July 1, 2009. Prior to his stint with the Raptors, Hughes worked as the director of summer player development for Goodwin Sports Management in Seattle for five years (2002-2007), creating workout programs and training NBA players Jamal Crawford, Kevin Durant, Al Horford, Dwight Howard, Gary Payton, Nate Robinson and Rodney Stuckey. He had also been the head coach at Spokane Community College in Spokane, Washington during that time. Hughes compiled an 88-61 (.590) mark in his five seasons, leading the Bigfoot’s to the Eastern Region championship in 2005 and 2006, and was named Eastern Region Coach of the Year in 2005 and 2006. Hughes also served as an assistant coach under Bob Bender at the University of Washington from 1993-2002, as an assistant at the University of California from 1991-93, when Jason Kidd played there, and as a graduate assistant at Illinois State from 1989-91.

Doug Overton will enter his sixth season with the Nets and fourth as an assistant coach. Overton began his coaching career as an assistant coach for Phil Martelli at Saint Joseph’s during the 2006-07 and 2007-08 campaigns. Prior to his position at Saint Joseph’s, the Philadelphia native spent the 2005-06 season as the director of player development for the Philadelphia 76ers, where he assisted the coaching and scouting staffs and worked with the team’s community outreach programs. An 11-year NBA veteran, Overton spent three different stints with the Nets (1998-99, 2000-01 and 2003-04), averaging 6.0 points and 2.8 assists in 26 games. In 499 career games with seven teams (Washington, Denver, Orlando, New Jersey, Boston, Charlotte and Philadelphia), the former point guard averaged 4.5 points and 2.1 assists.
http://www.nba.com/nets/news/nets-agree-terms-assistants-frank-rogers-hughes?ls=iref:nbahpts

Sharpshooter Allen returning to Heat next season

Posted Jun 28, 2013 6:58 PM - Updated Jun 28, 2013 7:49 PM

MIAMI (AP) -- Ray Allen is returning to the Miami Heat next season.

Allen exercised his $3.2 million player option Friday, barely a week after the Heat finished off the San Antonio Spurs to win the NBA Finals in seven games. Allen made one of the biggest shots in Heat history, a 3-pointer with 5.2 seconds left in Game 6 of the finals to tie the game and force an overtime where Miami ultimately prevailed.

Allen turns 38 next month, yet still played in 102 games during the regular season and playoffs for Miami. That was the most appearances by any player in the league this past season.

Teammates, coaches and the Heat front office all made it clear to Allen that he was wanted back for next season.

Allen left Miami following the end-of-season team meeting on Tuesday without giving the organization an answer, though didn't keep people waiting much longer. He could have elected to become a free agent and wound up getting more years and more money in a new deal, and decided to stay with the Heat anyway.

Allen averaged 10.9 points in the regular season, and 10.2 points in the playoffs.

With the team exercising its option on starting point guard Mario Chalmers, and with Rashard Lewis and James Jones exercising their rights to stay for next season, the next major course of business for the Heat will be trying to woo Chris Andersen to stay when he becomes a free agent next week. Teammates believe Andersen, who has remained in Miami since the championship and is working out, wants to return to the Heat next season.

The Heat will also have a large luxury-tax bill next season, though team president Pat Riley said earlier this week that he has not been given a mandate to pare a player like Mike Miller or Joel Anthony to relieve some of that burden. Riley's hope is to bring the roster back as intact as possible.
http://www.nba.com/2013/news/06/28/ray-allen-coming-back-to-miami.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Good move. I like Frank.

Can't believe Allen hit the biggest shot of his career in this last playoffs. That was some crazy shit.

Poindexter

Staff member
A source close to the All-Star center told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Howard expects to be ready to choose his team as soon as the NBA’s moratorium on new business is lifted July 10.

That information jibed with [Lakers GM Mitch] Kupchak‘s thinking.

“It’s in everybody’s best interest, I think, to proceed in a timely fashion,” he said. “I don’t think it’s Dwight’s goal to drag it out. Whether he’s with us or with another team, everybody this time of year has business to take care of. If he’s here, he wants us to know that so we can build around him in this period of free agency, when it moves very quickly, and if he’s with somebody else, that team is going to want the same thing.

“If you’re Dwight, you would want the same thing as well. You would want to give your team notice as quick as possible so they can make the changes that they need to make to make your team more effective. So I think it’s in everybody’s best interest to move as quick as possible.”
This is just more drama from the drama queen. Howard needs to separate himself from this shit instead of creating the shit storm. If you are going to move as quickly as possible just do it, don't announce it beforehand.

Ninja, when does the next season thread start?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Woodley vs Burns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel