Supplements you're taking?

Hassquatch

Slayer
Curious as to any supplements (type & brand) anyone's taking. Starting back up at the gym after a back sprain, women, and holidays got in the way of my normal routine the past month or two. Gotta get rid of some gluttonous junk and build back some strength...

I'm going with these for a bit:
  • Jack3d pre-workout
  • Creature brand creatine blend
  • Isopure no carb protein

Thamob

ISYMFS
MusclePharm Combat for protien

Going to try creatine for the first time in a loooong time. Musclepharm again. I don't do preworkouts. I don't know too much about them.

Hassquatch

Slayer
MusclePharm Combat for protien

Going to try creatine for the first time in a loooong time. Musclepharm again. I don't do preworkouts. I don't know too much about them.
Looks like a good protein. Little more than a dollar a serving isn't bad. Have you used that before? Notice better than average results?

My thoughts on pre-workouts are not regularly and not a lot. If you drink more than a little caffeine, then you shouldn't be taking any pre-workouts that contain caffeine. Read labels. I use them intermittently when I feel sluggish and not for long.

Thamob

ISYMFS
Looks like a good protein. Little more than a dollar a serving isn't bad. Have you used that before? Notice better than average results?

My thoughts on pre-workouts are not regularly and not a lot. If you drink more than a little caffeine, then you shouldn't be taking any pre-workouts that contain caffeine. Read labels. I use them intermittently when I feel sluggish and not for long.
I stumbled onto it at costo. I find I get good results from it and tastes good. Big thing is I'm lactose intolerant so it works great on my system.

Hassquatch

Slayer
I stumbled onto it at costo. I find I get good results from it and tastes good. Big thing is I'm lactose intolerant so it works great on my system.
You'd love the Iso-pure (pre-mixed single bottles) then. I'm convinced that's the best protein out there. They have lactose free/carb free in powder too I believe. The glass bottles are just too expensive (over $3 a serving), but the powders are reasonable.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I don't eat real food at work because of my IBS, but to support my daily routine I've been using Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey, mixes extremely well with water, no junk, straight whey.

I just started eating Rise bars. Same thing, no junk, no artificial sweeteners, just a few ingredients.

Rest of the time I try to eat as much real food as possible. Trying very hard to come up with veggies I can eat.

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
Vitamin C and a multi.

If I'm going to be busy after the gym and I wont be home for a bit, I'll have a whey protein shake. Otherwise if I'm heading straight home I eat.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I don't do preworkouts. I don't know too much about them.
I used to use No-Xplode, never took the recommended dosage, always less. Given my weight at the time I didn't want to put artificial stress on an unfit heart. That being said, prolong usage ended me up the Dr.'s office because it eventually felt like my heart was skipping a beat.

I know there are plenty of pre-workout igniters, and I'm sure they're just as effective as No-X was.. but you gotta be careful and you gotta cycle on and off. On days where I just didn't want to do anything, 35 minutes after taking some No-X I was ready to tackle a moose. But just like anything there's a price it takes on your system.

I haven't taken a preworkout protein shake that I felt ever did anything for me. I try to eat something like a nutbar or oatmeal bar before my workouts. If I want a boost, it's caffeine or a little bit of sugar from something like honey or fruit. This may just be superstition but I personally avoid anything 'hot' before I work out, so no hot tea or coffee, no heated foods otherwise I get indigestion once my heart rate gets up there.

I think a good warm up routine is probably superior to anything you can take, but I also understand if you've got time constraints.

Hassquatch

Slayer
I don't eat real food at work because of my IBS, but to support my daily routine I've been using Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey, mixes extremely well with water, no junk, straight whey.

I just started eating Rise bars. Same thing, no junk, no artificial sweeteners, just a few ingredients.

Rest of the time I try to eat as much real food as possible. Trying very hard to come up with veggies I can eat.
Hydrowhey is an awesome protein, like Isopure, freaking expensive though!

Able to eat any kale, dandelion, broc, spinach? Not sure if the greens make IBS worse or better or same...

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Broccoli and Kale no, spinach is iffy because I can if I cook it but cooking vegetables reduces the health benefits. The issue is the day over day, so one day of green peas, spinach, carrots.. I'm good. Day 2, bloating, gas, pain, etc.

I'm ok with fruit in moderation so long as it's not bananas, and I tried a green shake mix which is pretty damn tasty for mulched lawn but the gas that came out of me would get me fired from my job.

But I need to do something, just gotta fine the right balance.

Here's a link to the green shit I took:
https://www.amazinggrass.com/store/

I liked it, I got the orange dream/dreamsicles one. If you chug it, it's not half bad. I think I need to take it on days I purge using Linzess. I'm going to give it another shot because my concern is one reason my weight loss stagnates is because I don't get a balanced intake of foods.

I also don't know how well mixes like these are absorbed by the body. If I'm being honest I was just drinking it with the hope it was magic.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Anyone tried Gnar Pump? The guy that does the Bro Science videos on youtube is their pitchman. Their advertisement is hilarious.

Hassquatch

Slayer
I used to use No-Xplode, never took the recommended dosage, always less. Given my weight at the time I didn't want to put artificial stress on an unfit heart. That being said, prolong usage ended me up the Dr.'s office because it eventually felt like my heart was skipping a beat.

I know there are plenty of pre-workout igniters, and I'm sure they're just as effective as No-X was.. but you gotta be careful and you gotta cycle on and off. On days where I just didn't want to do anything, 35 minutes after taking some No-X I was ready to tackle a moose. But just like anything there's a price it takes on your system.

I haven't taken a preworkout protein shake that I felt ever did anything for me. I try to eat something like a nutbar or oatmeal bar before my workouts. If I want a boost, it's caffeine or a little bit of sugar from something like honey or fruit. This may just be superstition but I personally avoid anything 'hot' before I work out, so no hot tea or coffee, no heated foods otherwise I get indigestion once my heart rate gets up there.

I think a good warm up routine is probably superior to anything you can take, but I also understand if you've got time constraints.
Agreed with the pre-workouts. I like taking some protein before a workout if I feel hungry/weak. Most times I haven't eaten for 5+ hours at the time of my workout so I find it helps me with energy/strength.
[DOUBLEPOST=1452185705,1452185487][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anyone tried Gnar Pump? The guy that does the Bro Science videos on youtube is their pitchman. Their advertisement is hilarious.
Haha Bob Gnarley. I'd love to try it but fucking 40 bucks for a pre-workout! I hate all the caffeine in these things.

Thamob

ISYMFS
Agreed with the pre-workouts. I like taking some protein before a workout if I feel hungry/weak. Most times I haven't eaten for 5+ hours at the time of my workout so I find it helps me with energy/strength.

Haha Bob Gnarley. I'd love to try it but fucking 40 bucks for a pre-workout! I hate all the caffeine in these things.
5 hours??! Gawd Dang. Man I have to eat at least every hour and I still find that not enough. You should try small things throughout the day. I find my energy is awesome pre gym when I eat. Hence the no pre workout I guess. I tried some once and the niacin made itch like a crack addict. The best was the one time in the office I took it before the gym, only to be stopped and called into a meeting. I was twitching and itching for 15 minutes. Luckily my boss knew I was trying this one out and just laughed at me as the CEO kept asking if I was ok. I had to tell the CEO about it and he just shook his head.

Hassquatch

Slayer
5 hours??! Gawd Dang. Man I have to eat at least every hour and I still find that not enough. You should try small things throughout the day. I find my energy is awesome pre gym when I eat. Hence the no pre workout I guess. I tried some once and the niacin made itch like a crack addict. The best was the one time in the office I took it before the gym, only to be stopped and called into a meeting. I was twitching and itching for 15 minutes. Luckily my boss knew I was trying this one out and just laughed at me as the CEO kept asking if I was ok. I had to tell the CEO about it and he just shook his head.
lol...at least you have a cool boss! I try to eat the small meals/snacks throughout the day but sometimes I get busy/sidetracked at work and it just doesn't happen. I usually eat lunch at work around noon and get off work at 4:30 making it to the gym for 5:30-6. If I can't eat small/periodically during my afternoon at work I find the shot of protein is more important than any pre-work out supplement. While eating full is absurd, I hate lifting hungry.

Problematique

Wiedźmin.
I don't get any benefit from pre-workouts. To me they are just a big waste of $.

As long as I've had a half-decent meal sometime before the workout, I'm fine.

Spoon

There is no Spoon
LSD, PCP, or Bath Salts. You'd be surprised how much you can lift with any of those supplements. You really have to take it easy the next day though, because you crash pretty hard. Might want to have some prescription pain meds handy too. There have been a few times I've torn the muscle clean off my bones while bench pressing school buses. Make sure they are empty school buses though, or you'll have to fight with cops to get away from false imprisonment charges (fucking kids could have used the rear exit of the bus at any time.) Bonus points for their tasers not doing shit.

TriangleSmoke

Motherfucker of the Century
Site Donor
I use a lot of Onnit's stuff: Hempforce, Shroom Tech, T+, Alpha Brain, and New Mood.

I also drink Monster Milk for protein as well.

And just for the record: I LOVE Alpha Brain. It's really helped a lot with my short term memory and ability to focus. I completely cut out my Vyvanse after starting Alpha Brain.

Hassquatch

Slayer
Metamucil
LSD, PCP, or Bath Salts. You'd be surprised how much you can lift with any of those supplements. You really have to take it easy the next day though, because you crash pretty hard. Might want to have some prescription pain meds handy too. There have been a few times I've torn the muscle clean off my bones while bench pressing school buses. Make sure they are empty school buses though, or you'll have to fight with cops to get away from false imprisonment charges (fucking kids could have used the rear exit of the bus at any time.) Bonus points for their tasers not doing shit.
Silly fellas. LSD, PCP, Salts, Metamucil...so yesterday. Flakka will make you crazy, pump school bus drivers, lift prisons, and poo the finest fecal particles.

[DOUBLEPOST=1452278998,1452278874][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use a lot of Onnit's stuff: Hempforce, Shroom Tech, T+, Alpha Brain, and New Mood.

I also drink Monster Milk for protein as well.

And just for the record: I LOVE Alpha Brain. It's really helped a lot with my short term memory and ability to focus. I completely cut out my Vyvanse after starting Alpha Brain.
The onnit stuff looks very interesting. Never heard of them before. Pricey, but might have to try that out.

Can't deal with the after taste Monster Milk gives me.

Tapout

Bringing Sexy Back
Site Donor
Alpha Brain is great, but for the dose you need to take for it to work, makes is way to expensive.

I rotate my supplements. Muscle milk sucks btw if you want protein. Go to any supplement shop and get something better. That's like the equivalent of paying for a 5 star gourmet burger but getting a hamburger at McDonald.

Currently I'm using Annex protein, has a bunch of different proteins in it so your body absorbs them at different times.

I rotate pre-workouts every couple months as you get used to them. Currently rotating between Buzzerk, Insanity, and Taze. I get them all at complete nutrition. I switch what I'm taking depending on what workout in doing.

Supplements I take a joint pill, calcium, vitamin c, a nootropic, a fancy fish oil w/ stuff to naturally help boost testosterone, super b complex, and vitamin D.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
I am also drinking Herba Life too. I got the hook up from my kids mom as she used to sell it and had a lot left over and she doesn't drink them anymore. Some are pretty decent.

chrisc

Ninja
Alpha Brain is great, but for the dose you need to take for it to work, makes is way to expensive.

I rotate my supplements. Muscle milk sucks btw if you want protein. Go to any supplement shop and get something better. That's like the equivalent of paying for a 5 star gourmet burger but getting a hamburger at McDonald.

Currently I'm using Annex protein, has a bunch of different proteins in it so your body absorbs them at different times.

I rotate pre-workouts every couple months as you get used to them. Currently rotating between Buzzerk, Insanity, and Taze. I get them all at complete nutrition. I switch what I'm taking depending on what workout in doing.

Supplements I take a joint pill, calcium, vitamin c, a nootropic, a fancy fish oil w/ stuff to naturally help boost testosterone, super b complex, and vitamin D.
Whats the stuff your taking to help boost T?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood,
Nobody knows that you've left for good.
You're in the army now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evolveny
Top Bottom