Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX)

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
If you guys see and confirm that everyone involved in this trilogies, except Finn, dies horrible deaths I will definitely go see it. Otherwise I'll keep looking at Star Wars like I look at present day UFC.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I'm glad RLM released this video. For a second I was worried my favorite characters from the series were gone.

Last edited:

Tapout

Bringing Sexy Back
Site Donor
Can they kill off the character rose. She brought nothing new to franchise. Nor is she actually talented at anything. I would not be sad at all if she bit the dust. That awkward no chemistry relationship with Finn in TLJ.

I hope Wedge makes an appearance. That emperor laugh at the end, and then his appearance after they premiered the trailer to tell them to show it again as the emperor. Hell yeah.

Spoon

There is no Spoon
MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion
I can't believe I watched that entire video
Had to give you rep, because I "only" lasted 2 minutes before I had to shut that shit down. You are a better man than I am. What I watched made me want to punch a baby in the face and kick a puppy in the head.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
That new trailer is the drizzling shits. I am not looking forward to another shitty star wars movie. Rey wont turn evil and if she does why? Also, why the fuck would they give something away like that in the trailer. That goddamn lightsaber is sooooo stupid.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
That new trailer is the drizzling shits. I am not looking forward to another shitty star wars movie. Rey wont turn evil and if she does why? Also, why the fuck would they give something away like that in the trailer. That goddamn lightsaber is sooooo stupid.
I think there's a comment on the video on the YouTubes that guesses Rey is Evil in a vision. So the trailer is just a fake-out in other words.

Again, shilling for RLM but I agree with their viewpoint that Star Wars is creatively bankrupt, but I would add, under these reigns. There's been a line of novels and a series of games that has shown what you can do with the material. The movies have lagged behind paradoxically because they're too protective of the material but too insulated to know what's of value.

To me the heart of the series has been lost. Why are the first films memorable in the first place? They're just simple, light fantasy. Sure they have great special effects, but like Lucas said before he was a billionaire (paraphrasing) - a special effect without a story is pretty shit. They had compelling characters who gave quality performance because they were the focus.. not the effects, not the cliches, not the hallmarks. Lucas ripped off the serial adventures he grew up loving in Cinema. Star Wars was created by nostalgia to ironically become a victim of it.

I don't care how the "Skywalker" saga ends at this point. It's been ruined imo. The prequels made me actively dislike Obiwan, Yoda, and Annikan. The first sequel commits mass genocide putting the "War" back in a title that was never really about war. It was never about the realities of war. The series never needed to tread there. And what followed was a soft-reboot, redo of a New Hope with less focused characters, unclear motivations, ambiguous resolutions that lead to a stagnate 8th film.

If by an 8th fucking film you don't have an identity. You don't have a purpose. You don't have a direction. Why should anyone fucking care? Not even children should care, let alone 30 and 40 year children that are staking their happiness on a JJ Fucking Abrams film.

I hope Abrams goes full-LOST on episode 9. Time Travel. Ghosts. Ninjas. Demons. Just go full on fucking retarded bullshit. If episode 8 killed the Jedi then I hope episode 9 rapes its corpse into oblivion.

Last edited:

Palma

I am chaos
I hope Abrams goes full-LOST on episode 9. Time Travel. Ghosts. Ninjas. Demons. Just go full on fucking retarded bullshit. If episode 8 killed the Jedi then I hope episode 9 rapes its corpse into oblivion.
They should just tie it into Lost and Cloverfield. Or have them transverse into our dimension and start massacreing people at a Star Wars convention because they were thoroughly confused.

You and I should write the next trilogy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?
If 2020 was a math problem: if you're going down river at 2MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom