Show Us Who You Are!

Poindexter

Staff member
I was one of the lucky 150 selected to participate in this winter's Tuscobia. I'm doing the 80 mile distance from Park Falls to Rice Lake Wi. It's a run bike or ski event. Last year I ran, this year I'm trying it on bike. My start time is 9:00 am New Years Day.
Don’t forget to moisturize your feet.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
That kid is the best. Yesterday was rough because my wife got her results back from a mammogram and she had to go for additional testing. Everything is fine now, she just had a cyst (which I predicted) which was aspirated this morning but she was in a pretty bad state emotionally. Our friends brought him over last night and he cheered her right up. He knew it too, he's a really empathetic kid which is something for a 20 month old, really sweet lad.

I'm his Sully.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
He loves it. He has an obsession with things that are round and spin, so wheels, fans, and robot vacuums. He calls robot vacuums "Wah-ti". Why, none of us know. I was on a walk with my wife a couple of weeks ago and I was like "oh shit, we should show him Wall-E, I'd bet he'd like it". I had no idea how right I'd be.

But the interesting thing about him and Wall-E is that he's able to accurately read the emotion of the characters. This is not something I've really experienced with kids younger than 2. He got legitimately crestfallen when Wall-E didn't recognize Eve at the end. We were watching his expression and he wasn't distressed so much as just saddened. And then he lights up when Wall-E clasps Eve hand in remembrance but before all the other characters celebrate. So it's not that he's reacting to the obvious beats, he reacts to the subtlety and is inferring meaning from the visual storytelling. He's a really empathetic kid and it just pairs so well with Wall-E since Wall-E is an empathetic character.

There's four of us, his mom and dad, my wife and me and when we're all near each other he's at his happiest. And if we're not he does his best to gather us all together, it's hilarious. Not in a petulant, whining manner, but in a very gentle considerate way. He'll ask for your hand, take your hand, walk you to where he'd like you to be, then ask you to sit and play. I'm constantly enamored with his manner.

So much so I've watched Wall-E 7 fucking times in the last 4 days.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Rough night tonight for meatball. We stopped by to visit and he was in a bad state, I think he developed a bad diaper rash and his little baby-nuts were all tore up. He literally crawled over to me on the couch, and could barely position himself to sit. He plead with me to watch Wall-E so of course we did but couldn't leave him like that, his mom was freaking out. We tried to examine him but he was screaming bloody murder, from what I could see he was pretty red and alil swollen. Hopefully it's just that and he doesn't have any sort of internal obstruction.

Me and his dad ran to target to get him some relief spray while his mom and my wife calmed him down. Luckily when we came back he was sleeping. Thankfully they make spray version of diaper creams cause he wasn't having any rubbing. Hopefully my guy sleep through the evening, gives his mom a chance to rest as well.

Me and him over the weekend:

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where you stand, but with neutrals? Who knows.

It sickens me.
My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wearelivingart@protonmail
Top Bottom