Robert Whittaker vs. Israel Adesanya set for title unifier at Melbourne's Marvel Stadium (1 Viewer)

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Dana White confirms the fight to be happening in Australia:

[DOUBLEPOST=1561000879,1560953813][/DOUBLEPOST]Dana White: 'Massive event' with Robert Whittaker vs. Israel Adesanya will 'blow the doors off' Australia
When speaking to the media Tuesday at the brand new UFC Apex facility in Las Vegas, UFC boss Dana White hinted at the expected title unification bout between middleweight champion Robert Whittaker and interim middleweight titleholder Israel Adesanya – and confirmed that the two will fight Down Under.

UFC 243 is set for Oct. 5, and the card rumored to be heading to Sydney, and it seems that the much-anticipated fight between Whittaker (20-4 MMA, 11-2 UFC) and Adesanya (17-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) will headline the show.

“I’m going to put on a fight, this fall in Australia, that’s going to blow the (expletive) doors off of that country,” White told reporters, including MMA Junkie. “It’s going to be a massive event over there.”

White mentioned the matchup while touring the UFC’s new production facility, and he used the international bout as an example of the glowing global appeal of the sport.

“What’s crazy is, this massive event that’s going to happen in Australia, people in the U.K. are going to watch it, people in Europe are going to watch, people in U.S., Canada, Brazil – the world will watch this fight.”

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Jon Jones offers to train Robert Whittaker for Israel Adesanya fight
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has offered to train Robert Whittaker for his title unification bout with Israel Adesanya.

The news come shortly after ‘Bones’ complimented Whittaker in a recent interview calling him the ‘real deal’ and ‘a stand-up guy’, this while adding that he can’t wait to see Robert ‘stomp a mudhole’ in the face of Israel Adesanya.

The current middleweight champion, Whittaker, will meet the divisions interim title holder (Adesanya) at October’s UFC 243 which is slated for Australia.

Robert Whittaker later responded to Jon Jones with the following message on Instagram.

“Nothing but respect mate!”

Most recently, Jones replied Whittaker and offered to help train him for ‘Stylebender’.

”Just keeping it real,” Jon Jones wrote. “Would be honored to train with you leading up to your fight. Let’s get you more than ready!”

Jon Jones will return to the octagon in the headliner of UFC 239 on July 6 against dangerous knockout artist Thiago Santos.

‘Bones’ is coming off off a unanimous decision win over Anthony Smith, which was preceded by a knockout victory over Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 232 where he reclaimed his light heavyweight throne.

As for Robert Whittaker, ‘The Reaper’ will return to the octagon for the first time since defeating Yoel Romero via split decision in June of 2018, this when he squares off with Adesanya at UFC 243.

Whittaker will enter the fight on a nine fight win streak which includes wins over Yoel Romero, Jacare Souza, Uriah Hall, Derek Brunson and Rafael Natal.

thumper

Staff member
No matter how hard Jones tries these little tactics, his shitty personality and reputation are set in stone and aren't going to be turning his disgusted non-fans his way. he's not ever going to be redeemable and if they overturn that fight fans will forever just be even more disgusted by the mention of his name

Good luck though. maybe come out with some more christian rhetoric that you don't even believe but wanted to be seen as so badly you tattoo it on your chest

Jon 'Snake Oil by the pico' Jones

Malevolence

Mostly harmless
Jones has an extreme hard-on towards hating on Adesanya all over the media right now.
Jones has a mental age of 17-18, it’s what bully’s do when they perceive a threat or feel insecure. He sees Adesanya as a guy who actually acts quite similar to himself, quite brash, fairly arrogant, certainly super confident in his abilities, yet far more people like Israel than hate him whereas far more people hate Bones than like him. It confuses his arrested mind & his response is anger so he tears the perceived threat to his ego down. Counting down the days to relapse & retox...tick tock Jonesy.

chrisc

Ninja
I don’t think Whitaker needs Jones’ help, and it should kind of insulting to say he does.

But didn’t Jones have nothing but nice things to say to Adesanya until he started on JJ?

m1ckey kn0x

deranged derelict
Site Donor
Whitaker is such an under appreciated champ. He comes off as a really good dude. That being said, I hope Adesanya finds a way to win. It will be the toughest fight in his career on paper, imo.

Malevolence

Mostly harmless
I can see Izzy getting a stoppage against Rob, I think the lack of a real take down threat plays out badly for Whittaker, it’s gonna allow Israel to keep a more dangerous distance & set up his striking that little bit more comfortably. Kelvin was probably a more dangerous opponent for Israel due to the wrestling threat & his quick brick hands & a guy like Romero is just a nightmare for him.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Israel Adesanya: Robert Whittaker reminded me of a 'meth head' during first faceoff
“At the staredown, he just reminded me of like a meth head,” Adesanya told MMA Junkie at the UFC Hall of Fame ceremony. “When you look into someone’s eyes and you’re just like, yeah, and I’m looking at him like OK, cool. He’s a guy, he’s been here, he’s tough, he’s a vet in this game, so I don’t have to try and get under his skin. He’s not under my skin, and he says he doesn’t think about me, and I don’t want him to. I don’t expect him to. My coaches think about him a lot, though, and we’re going to devise a beautiful strategy to take him off.”
“The biggest fight in the Oceania region,” Adesanya said. “Because before, in the same stadium we’re probably going to have at it, Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm, the upset. I was there, I felt it all the way in the nosebleeds, and you had to get outsiders to come headline, but now we have two people from our own backyard headlining the stadium. It’s beautiful.”
[DOUBLEPOST=1562681164,1562680500][/DOUBLEPOST]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

UFC 251 Usman vs Burns

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

So, who is going to vote for Kanye? :>
Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."
thumper wrote on DOCTOR's profile.
Yoink! man what would we do without @DOCTOR posting events?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subtleties