RIZIN FF Thread *Spoilers*

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
RIZIN FF Planning on Women’s GP in 2017
fter the December 31st show at Saitama Super Arena, RIZIN FF head Nobuyuki Sakakibara shared the federation’s plan for year 2017.

“We have Japan’s top women that can compete against world’s top fighters so we are looking to expand women’s division in 2017.

“Right now, in a parallel to men’s grand prix, we are thinking about hosting women’s grand prix which will be the very first of its kind in the world. In fact, it would be the first time in the world to do both men’s and women’s grand prix at the same time. I would like to announce this by mid January.

“Women’s fights scored a very good TV rating on Fuji TV. Men can’t just sit around and do nothing now. Women might even replace men. If there are needs then we would have to put more women’s fights which will create more chance for the fighters.”

There were no mentioning of weight class or how many fighters in the grand prix.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Hotta was gassed even before the match started.

But for real though, a Rizin female GP would be interesting. Rizin has a few girls they have been actively promoting pretty hard in the lighter weights. If they can borrow a few girls from ONE Championship, they might be able to scrape together a pretty decent tournament.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Gabi Garcia admits she was ‘scared' by Yumiko Hotta’s strategy at RIZIN
http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/6/14178330/gabi-garcia-surprised-yumiko-hottas-strategy-rizin
"When she started jumping on the ropes and running, I looked at Cris (Cyborg) and thought ‘what do I do now?’ My mind was like ‘she’s gonna fly into me and land a punch and my career will be over,’” Garcia told MMA Fighting.

"I was surprised and shocked. I didn't expect any of that. I thought she would throw an overhand or something like that, not to run and jump on the ropes. That scared me. Cris told me after the fight ‘I wouldn't know how to react to that, too.’”

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
For what it's worth, you can see her striking is progressing. Which is nice. I mean, it's still got a ways to go but you can see the strides shes making.

jesusatemyhotdog

Welcome to the machine.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Rizin announces partnership with Antonio Inoki!
Inoki will help promote future Rizin events and do press tours. Pro Wrestlers have been contacting Rizin. In October there will be a 20th Anniversary Show for Pride fc and Rickson Gracie vs Nobuhiko Takada fight described as a "Memorial Tournament". Rizin announced also women's and men's Grand Prix for this year and events in April (16.04.), July, October and December

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?
If 2020 was a math problem: if you're going down river at 2MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom