Rematch between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor set for UFC 202 (1 Viewer)

Who you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Rematch between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor set for UFC 202
It’s been scheduled, cancelled, talked about endlessly and now it’s done. The rematch between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor is officially set for UFC 202.

The UFC announced the match-up during the pay-per-view broadcast for UFC 199. The event will take place August 20 from a venue to be determined. The main card will air on pay-per-view.

Diaz (19-10 MMA, 14-8 UFC) stepped up to face McGregor (19-3 MMA, 7-1 UFC) on short notice at UFC 196, stepping in for injured lightweight champ Rafael dos Anjos. The bout took place at welterweight, but McGregor remained a solid favorite as the men made their way to the cage. Diaz survived a rocky first round to stun McGregor on the feet before taking the fight to the floor and finishing with a second-round rear-naked choke.

The two were then set to rematch at UFC 200, but a dispute between McGregor and the UFC over fight promotion led to the bout being cancelled amid tweets from the featherweight champ suggesting retirement.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
I'm assuming we'll see a much slower paced Conor this time around?

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
No. Conor would have to win for you to win the bet.

If Conor gets tapped I win... Now you pick your prediction for the win.
You said Nate would tap Conor, I said he wouldn't. Much like Cruz not being able to finish Faber.

I'm not picking Conor to win. I'm picking Conor to not get tapped out like you said would happen.
[DOUBLEPOST=1465108140,1465108106][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol, I love how people completely forget Nate coming into the fight on ten days notice with no sparring or real fucking training going in. Conor had been in camp and his punk ass was the one to panic four minutes in like a chump.
I think technically it was like 7 mins.

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
You said Nate would tap Conor, I said he wouldn't. Much like Cruz not being able to finish Faber.

I'm not picking Conor to win. I'm picking Conor to not get tapped out like you said would happen.

Ok well, Im not sure what this has to do with Faber Cruz but if you want to bet on more than, you taking Conor not to lose by submission, hit me up.

Ill still take Conor to lose by panic sub but Im not giving up the masssssssive spread of you winning by everything else. A betting man would shake his head at me for that.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Ok well, Im not sure what this has to do with Faber Cruz but if you want to bet on more than, you taking Conor not to lose by submission, hit me up.

Ill still take Conor to lose by panic sub but Im not giving up the masssssssive spread of you winning by everything else. A betting man would shake his head at me for that.
So we have the following......

Conor winning by UD/SD
Conor KO/TKO/subbing Nate
Nate winning by UD/SD
Nate TKO/KOing Conor

4 to 1 odds. For every one week you get 4. So if I win I get a week, you win you get 4. Cool? So Nate has to sub Conor and if I lose then it's 4 weeks for every one week we bet.

Pashak

If Conor fights smart and comes really well prepared he can definitely win this fight.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I'm conflicted I like both guys. I think I want Diaz to win so McGregor is forced to go and fight Frankie/Aldo assuming he can make the cut. It would be cool if Connor won so that we get a trilogy but damn he would have to relinquish the belt then. I say relinquish the belt and let Holloway have dibs on the winner of Aldo/Edgar if McGregor can't make the cut.

This will be a fun fight that I still think is up for grabs. Can't wait to see the Stockton slap and the mind games. I'm glad Diaz got the fight cause he's gonna get paid! Got to be five rounds.

If Connor loses and he can't make 145 I would love to see him rematch the Diamond at 155. Poirier looks good at 155. Probably doesn't make sense but would be a fun fight. Poirier vs Cowboy would be bonkers.

Great time to be a fight fan!

dan the man

Gina Carano's personal sex slave
Big mistake by Connor. If he loses again, which I believe he will, it may throw the Connor hype train off of the tracks indefinitely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

No members online now.

UFC 251 Usman vs Burns

Latest profile posts

So, who is going to vote for Kanye? :>
Sing to the death rattle la, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie..
Tyrannicide forms the historical, political, and ethical foundation of democratic order.
Cloud Strife to USA: "yeah.. you owe me a pizza."
thumper wrote on DOCTOR's profile.
Yoink! man what would we do without @DOCTOR posting events?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subtleties