Recovery Thread

Monsterman

uncircumcised member
It´s going pretty rough Miz, but I´ll get trough it. Having headache and nausea, I´m feeling cold and fucking tired with all kind of weird sensations all over my body. Drinking tea eases the symptoms for about an hour and had to also take ibuprofein today. I´m really sensitive to coffee and that´s probably why I get so bad withdrawal from it and that´s also why I´m quitting. Caffeine is basicly stress in a liquid form, which is not necessarily a bad thing if you can handle it but it doesn´t go well with my CFS.

I once took oxycontin and benzos for 6 weeks in a row and stopped cold turkey. This is not as bad but has simular elements to that and is way worse than quitting tobacco or weed. Don´t know why the effect of tea is so different but I think that also depends on the individual. For me the difference between coffee and tea is like between oxycontin and panacod.

Once I start feeling normal while drinking tea I´m going to quit that also b/c any amount of caffeine is probably bad for me. But it also has some health benefits so I wouldn´t quit it completely just for the sake of it if it suits you. Drinking less coffee could help with meditation and getting rid of obsessive thoughts though so I would definately try that. You should get all the health benefits from 1-2 cups a day and anything more than that increases the risk for nasty side effects that can include high blood pressure, heart propblems, panic disorder or even death. (Probably need to drink quite lot for the last one.)

Reactions: Miz

Monsterman

uncircumcised member
Miz hopefully you find it beneficial. If you get bad withdrawal symptoms try cutting it down gradually over a week or so and you should be fine. I would do it like that also if I could but I always end up drinking too much if I have any.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Best thing when cutting caffeine is Excedrin with Caffeine. it really helps with the withdrawal headaches big time.

Monsterman

uncircumcised member
Day 5 without coffee. Withdrawal symptoms are now milder than the side-effects were. Sleep is getting better, anxiety is pretty much gone, heart feels normal again and bowl movements don´t alternate between the extremes anymore. Still quite tired and woke up with slight headache and nausea but one cupe of tea pretty much took out the two latter.

We were giving our couch to one of my oldest friends who is supposed to be off drugs. First it took weeks for him to confirm that he needs it, then when he was supposed to pick it up yesterday he confessed that he had not actually taken any measurements earlier and it didn´t fit his apartment, then he called again that he takes it anyway and before coming to pick it up he send me two texts saying he would be completely sober, (I hadn´t asked and at this point I knew he wasn´t) and then he showed up to our place with another addict and was so high on speed he probably thought that him telling me he was sober would somehow make it so, although even my wife who has never done drugs also noticed it even before he got into the apartment. He had sold the couch to the other guy for 2 packs of snus. We didn´t say anything, just smiled and gave them the couch and I wasn´t even mad. We used to be best friends for years and now I´m just so relieved that was probably the last time I´m going to ever see him. Still not mad at him and I really hope he gets his life in order, but this was the last straw after years of lies and broken promises and I can´t really believe anything he is saying anymore or want stuff like this in our life. 8 days and we are gone for good.

Hope everyone is doing good. I´ll have another cup of tea and start packing. =)

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
My AA meetings haven’t canceled yet. I’ll be ok if they do, but I will definitely miss them. There were very few of us there today (compared to normal). We implemented some strategies such as no public coffee, no holding hands or hugging, and sitting a bit further away. Meetings are crucial for me, but I’ll survive by texts with fellow members and you guys.
I’m feeling really good. Today’s mantra is Don’t worry, be happy. Hope all you guys are doing well!

Qball1974

Tired
Site Donor
Shits going sideways in the world, I hear @Miz is a good hunter so I'm headed to his place. I have many months of cannabis stashed for collateral ……. unless he takes it from me o.0

Monsterman

uncircumcised member
49th day sober and 16th without coffee. Still drinking a couple of cups of tea a day but don´t need to have it as the first thing in the morning. The move went surprisingly well, probably the smoothest one I´ve ever had. We were planning to by second han furniture but didn´t find anything we liked so we just ordered new ones. Helps with the self isolation and assembling them also gives something to do. Pretty much everything was also on sale so they weren´t really that much more expensive than bying a bunch of jigsaw puzzles or legos.

Hope everyone is doing good.

edit: 39th day sober, should still drink my morning tea before trying to math.

Last edited:

Miz

My mantra of the day is “transcend this.” I can transcend my petty thoughts.

Day 4 of 200 pushups down. Also still practicing the guitar. Make today your bitch my friends!

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
In case anyone was wondering I got four dui's except they were DWI (driving while intoxicated) back then. I haven't drank a drop since 12/23/91. I was supposed to pick my daughter up from the babysitter. I didn't make it. I got drunk and I missed it.

Last night I had a dream I was sitting around with buddies drinking tequila.

Stay vigilant my friends.
[DOUBLEPOST=1585702513,1585702357][/DOUBLEPOST]That seems like a different life. A different person. My daughter and grandkids will never know that person.

Qball1974

Tired
Site Donor
Nice,
last time I toked was about 28 years ago. Weed aroumd here was about 5% THC then. I hear it's upward of 20% now.
I may try some someday but for now I get drug tested at work.
Yeah the stuff I have is roughly 25%, unfortunately I have a high tolerance for medications and alcohol etc....

Miz

I haven’t drank for 230 days. I don’t want to lie to anyone, so I would like to admit sometimes I do smoke weed. It’s of course not aa approved, but weed was not my problem. I only do it occasionally and it just helps mellow me. I also like playing guitar after I smoke. Alcohol was/is my problem. I did it every day and it got bad. This is how I choose to live life at this time. So I’m living a much better life now; one day at a time.

Monsterman

uncircumcised member
55 days sober and 32 days without coffee. Still drinking a couple of cups of tea a day and I´m going to keep drinking it for now. Seems to suit me pretty well and I´m feeling better than I have for years both physically and mentally. The move also helped a lot, especially with the mental side. I have been overstraining myself a bit some days and have felt a bit grumby and slow in the head because of that, but it hasn´t taken away my sleep like it used to and I recover in a day or two instead weeks or months.

Been keeping busy with decorating the new apartment and taking walks around the new neighbourhood. Just 1/2 miles to the center of the town but looks a lot like living in the coutryside on the 19th century. Oldest houses near to us are from 1750s and there is a curch that has part which was build in the 15th century. All kind of birds and squirrel hanging out on our yard. Life feels pretty nice.

Hope everyone is doing good. Stay home and stay safe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?
If 2020 was a math problem: if you're going down river at 2MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom