Recovery Thread

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
one drink is to many and 1000 is not enough

I survived by divine intervention.

I've been to the gates of hell. I pray I never forget that.

This thread is a great reminder of where I've came from.

@Miz , @Dimson other people that post here, thank you.
Post automatically merged:

Every morning @Miz ODAAT

Last edited:

Qball1974

MAGA
Now that I've quit drinking (mostly) I think I have ADD.

I was working on my garden, half finished then moved on to cleaning my deck. Over to working on my walkway, started repairing my shed. Put some shelves up in the house and off painting a room.

It's exhausting accomplishing nothing, no wonder I get high.

Last edited:

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Might have a job opportunity. A teacher I know wants me to be her instructional aide in a work skills program. Not sure I want to go back to education but it’s not teaching so I definitely wouldn’t be as stressed.
Today I am thinking the secret to life is lowering my expectations. Things are much more enjoyable when I have realistic expectations.

Miz

Got an interview today. Think positive thoughts for me. It will be a big decision. I’ve enjoyed my time with my son, but it might be time to go back to work. This also might be the perfect opportunity. The universe works in interesting ways.

Poindexter

Staff member
Got an interview today. Think positive thoughts for me. It will be a big decision. I’ve enjoyed my time with my son, but it might be time to go back to work. This also might be the perfect opportunity. The universe works in interesting ways.
Good luck!

Reactions: Miz

Miz

Interview went well. Now I need to figure out what I want to do if I get it (which I think I will as I know a lot of people there, and they were the ones who reached out to me.). I’ve had a great time with my two year old but I think it’s time for me to go back to work, and for him to go to day care and be around other kids. It was easier, before Covid, because we went out a lot more to places like the library and such. I think we might both benefit from this. I feel stronger than I’ve ever felt. This is probably a good time to get back to work, and go back to what I know. I think I’ll be fine as long as I’m not the head teacher. My stress level will be a lot more manageable. It’s also a job that I think will be enjoyable, and challenging. I think I am just truly meant to teach people with disabilities. It is a good opportunity. Plus it gets me back into their retirement.

Miz

@Trodden got a harmonica holder today (I’ve been playing Guitar hard core for 9 months now. I’m horrible but having fun). It’s so much fun. In my mind I’m what would happen if Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty had a baby.

Doing pretty well. I usually get depressed around now. I’m hoping to beat it this year. I’m on stable meds and I’m not drinking. That should swing the scales in my favor.

Miz

Doing pretty well. I am always on the look out for “supplements.” I like taking them. So long story short when I was doing some research on fatigue and stress I saw one called rhodiola rosea that I had never seen before. I went and found it at natural grocers. Took it for three days before I saw the sentence on the bottle that says “don’t take if you have bipolar disorder.” Did some research and there is some conflicting information out there. Going to take it one more time today to see if I can tolerate the lowest dosage possible. I felt a bit manic yesterday. I want something to calm my mind down as I worry a lot and have intrusive thoughts.
Overall I’m doing pretty well. Been working part time construction for a buddy. That has been nice. I also interviewed for a full time school position and I’m hoping to hear back this week. Things are going pretty damn good, and I still haven’t drank in a year and two months. Super lucky this time because I don’t even want to drink.
Hope all you guys are doing well.

Miz

How’s everyone doing?
I’m beating October. This is typically a shit show of a month for me. Between not drinking, taking meds and supplements, eating well, meditation, light exercise etc I’m doing pretty well. Been focusing on nutrition and supplements (NAC, aspirin, and fish oil) for my brain. Two days ago I just had the most serene day without intrusive thoughts. Felt really good to look at where I want to be, and where I can go.
Livin the dream.
Hope everyone is well.

Miz

If you’re on the right path don’t worry about which road you took to get there.

Inching closer to working my new job. Got the background checks done. Having to wait to do some paperwork. I guess I’ll be able to the Monday after break. I went to visit the classroom yesterday. I’m going to love it.

Started taking Lion’s Mane. My brother listened to an expert on Mushrooms from the Rogan podcast. Dementia runs in my family and it’s supposed to be a possible preventative. Only been taking it a week but I feel less “foggy” already.

Hope all you guys are doing well. These are tough times so take care of yourself and be gentle to yourself.

Miz

Hope everyone is doing ok! I’m trying to be a little better each day. I’m thankful for so many things (wife, kids, health, job...). Have a great Thanksgiving Day.

Miz

Glad to see sobriety is going well, @Miz. You deserve the best!
Thanks. It’s a process. I still smoke some so I’m not 100 % sober, but I haven’t drank in a long time and I’m planning to never drink again. I just can’t handle it. I have no problem with people drinking. For most people it’s great. I just can’t handle it. All the data points to my best option to be to just abstain from it. It feels so much better not being hung over and not having to worry about do I have enough for the day. I’m so glad my wife (my hero) stuck with me and I’m so much better of a husband when I don’t drink.
Eckhart Tolle says we are not our mind. When you say my mind who is the my? My minds name is Brian. Brian is a bit of a drama queen. He likes to feel all sorts of feelings including anger and jealousy. My essence likes love because it is a superior emotion, or the greatest emotion. I have to be gentle with Brian and redirect him when he gets a bit silly. Bridging the gap between me and Brian helps take some of Brian’s power away. I don’t blame Brian. He’s trying his best. It’s just time for him to grow up and work with us and not create a bunch of drama.
That lion’s mane mushroom I’ve been taking has been a game changer. Brian is also looking some magic mushrooms to take for medicinal purposes.
We are all just sick people trying to make it through life. I’m now trying to get a little better each day. Treat yourself like someone who deserves good things b/c you do.

disposableassassin

Mutatis Mutandis
Site Donor
Thanks. It’s a process. I still smoke some so I’m not 100 % sober, but I haven’t drank in a long time and I’m planning to never drink again. I just can’t handle it. I have no problem with people drinking. For most people it’s great. I just can’t handle it. All the data points to my best option to be to just abstain from it. It feels so much better not being hung over and not having to worry about do I have enough for the day. I’m so glad my wife (my hero) stuck with me and I’m so much better of a husband when I don’t drink.
Eckhart Tolle says we are not our mind. When you say my mind who is the my? My minds name is Brian. Brian is a bit of a drama queen. He likes to feel all sorts of feelings including anger and jealousy. My essence likes love because it is a superior emotion, or the greatest emotion. I have to be gentle with Brian and redirect him when he gets a bit silly. Bridging the gap between me and Brian helps take some of Brian’s power away. I don’t blame Brian. He’s trying his best. It’s just time for him to grow up and work with us and not create a bunch of drama.
That lion’s mane mushroom I’ve been taking has been a game changer. Brian is also looking some magic mushrooms to take for medicinal purposes.
We are all just sick people trying to make it through life. I’m now trying to get a little better each day. Treat yourself like someone who deserves good things b/c you do.
I could really use some magic mushrooms myself. I need to hit a reset button.

Miz

I could really use some magic mushrooms myself. I need to hit a reset button.
Well I’m on the search for them. I got a buddy looking for me. I don’t think I want to go crazy, but maybe just eat a small dose. Then again if I’m going to do it I might as well really do it. I watched a guy who is a mushroom expert on Rogan who got me on the Lion’s mane. I think it’s really helping. Guess it can’t hurt. It’s a dementia preventative and I need that cause that runs in my family.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I think I still have some texas penis envy spores that may or may not still be viable. I wonder if I could grow them.

Miz

Start my new job tomorrow. I’m excited but a bit anxious. Been over 2 and a half years since my main job has been to watch a tiny human. I think it’s a good opportunity and it’s time. I’ve done a bunch of work on myself. Still got room to grow but I like the path I’m on.
Keep working friends. Things can get better.

Miz

Still sober. The urge to drink is strong some days. Like really strong.
I’m so lucky that I don’t have the urge to drink now. I get sick when I see alcohol commercials. I know this time would be no different. If I drank I’d be right back to drinking all the time. I can’t have three drinks. I want 12. So glad I’m sober. Hell it’s worth it to just not be hungover.

First day at my new job went great!

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
A friend of mine who is in AA wants to do therapeutic mushrooms. So I'm going to grow some. I have an old vial of spores that I'll try first and see if it miraculously works. If not, I'll order more.

Miz

First week of work was great. I’m a bit tired from the difference in the daily grind. I think I’m going to really enjoy it. Forgot how much I love the school setting and this job is lot less stressful than teaching (I’m an instructional aide). Don’t have to deal with paper work or parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billy21717
Top Bottom